LEDs, Water Only Soil, Worm Bins, Pretty Plants

Stretchtastic

Colorado Chem - Ethos
IMAG0493~2.jpg

IMAG0494~2.jpg
IMAG0490~2.jpg
IMAG0491~2.jpg

Custom built Cree led array, 5 gallon pots, recycled living soil, top dressed with a custom blend of amendments 1-2 tbsp ever week, plain water with occasional worm compost extract

Here's some pics of a different pheno of the Colorado Chem that came down a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMAG0450~2.jpg
    IMAG0450~2.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0451~2.jpg
    IMAG0451~2.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0449~2.jpg
    IMAG0449~2.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0448~2.jpg
    IMAG0448~2.jpg
    827.8 KB · Views: 63
The soil mix was originally promix amended with crushed oyster shells and rice hulls. The process is pretty much as follows:
Original mix -> plant/harvest (5gallons) -> used soil goes into the worm bin for processing, waste greens like leaves and processed flowers are dried/powderized/and also fed to the worms, stems and stalks get turned into biochar which gets added to the worm bin and mixed into the topdress mix -> worm bin gets sifted as soil is needed -> sifted soil gets reamended with crushed oyster shell and rice hulls and the cycle repeats itself.

Stay tuned for my topdress mix I use.

The soil mix was originally promix amended with crushed oyster shells and rice hulls. The process is pretty much as follows:
Original mix -> plant/harvest (5gallons) -> used soil goes into the worm bin for processing, waste greens like leaves and processed flowers are dried/powderized/and also fed to the worms, stems and stalks get turned into biochar which gets added to the worm bin and mixed into the topdress mix -> worm bin gets sifted as soil is needed -> sifted soil gets reamended with crushed oyster shell and rice hulls and the cycle repeats itself.

Stay tuned for my topdress mix I use.

How does one go about becoming one of your worms? Is there an application process? I want in!

Seriously though, are you doing anything special like air/water temps to make the purple pop? I've got a Royal Purple Kush going at the moment so I'd be interested to hear.

Those are some sweet looking nugs.

How does one go about becoming one of your worms? Is there an application process? I want in!

Seriously though, are you doing anything special like air/water temps to make the purple pop? I've got a Royal Purple Kush going at the moment so I'd be interested to hear.

Those are some sweet looking nugs.
Nothing special. My temps run 82-84 lights on and 70-72 lights off. I just make sure they're always watered. When they're sad I give them a worm compost extract and they bounce right back. I keep my soil life booming and my plants stay happy and healthy.

My main base amendment mix is:
4 tbsp kelp meal
2 tbsp powderized bio-char
2 tbsp alfalfa meal
2 tbsp neem meal
2 tbsp oyster shell flower
2 tbsp insect frass
2 tbsp malted barley powder
1 tbsp powderized seabird guano
1 tbsp fish bone meal
1 tbsp basalt (paramagnetic rock dust)

I recently made a "cakes and cookies" mix that I'm trying with the base mix at a 3:1 base to sweets ratio. I've only used it on the current flowering plants for about three weeks so I'm unsure of its effect as of yet, but I'm hoping it enhances the flavor profiles of what it's used on. The ratios for this mix are in bulk since they aren't normally used by gardeners.

2lbs. Spirulina
1lbs nutritional yeast
1lbs cacao powder
1/2lbs goji berry powder
1/2lbs Acai Berry powder
1/2lbs bee pollen
1/2lbs dehydrated honey
1/2lbs coconut water

Do u get mushrooms sprouting up during lights out? I did kinda similar thing fewer ingredients. same base mix+cow and horse manure+fresh mole hills+perlite to off set the weight of the mix holding in water rather than air. regards

No mushrooms sorry lol. I did when I was running a no till pot tho.

Here's some final pics of the girls before they got chopped.

Colorado chem
IMAG0511.jpg

IMAG0514.jpg
IMAG0515.jpg
IMAG0516.jpg
IMAG0513.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom