Legal 400w HPS Soil Grow, 4 Plants, Advice Welcome

Aero808

Hello All,

I'm lucky enough to live in Canada and can now legally grow 4 plants. Yay me! Just waiting for a few more deliveries and it will be go time. I'm going to post an inventory of what I have and my proposed plan. Please feel free to comment and offer advice. I'm treating my first grow like an experiment and hope to try a few different techniques at once to see how they affect yield.

I picked up some feminized seeds online. Strains include: Sour Diesel, Sorbet Stash, and Skywalker Kush. They also included a couple of free beans 1 of Northern Lights and 1 of White Widow. Both of the freebies are feminized too. What strain should I go with for a first grow? Would you stick all to one strain or grow a few different ones at the same time if they had similar flowering schedules?

For equipment, I have:

- A homebox 120L grow tent. 3'11"x 3'11" x 6'3"

- A Lumatek 400w digital ballast and a Sylvania Grolux 400w HPS bulb with a light timer

- An air cooled sunsystems blockbuster reflector. - Wondering how close I'll be able to move it to the plants without scorching them. I'll be using a 420 cfm fan to cool it.

- A Max-Fan Pro Series 420 CFM 6" Inline Fan with a Can-Lite 600 6" Carbon Filter - I also picked up a Phresh 701260 Intake Filter, 6-Inch by 8-Inch, 270 CFM to filter my incoming air.
917TZuA5X4L._SL1500_.jpg
I was hoping to do a passive intake. Do you think the 420 cfm will be able to cool the lamp and draw enough fresh air passively? It will have to overcome the resistance from both the intake and outtake filters. Also picked up a little clip on oscillating fan for inside.

- I'll be doing a soil grow my first go round as I hear it's more forgiving. I'll be starting the seedlings in seedling mix and eventually transferring them to 3 gallon grow bags with Foxfarm Ocean Forest. I've heard that ocean forest has a little too much nutes for a seedling and could burn them. Was thinking I'd transfer them over to the ocean forest after 2 weeks. What do you think? I've also heard that I can just use plain water for about 4 weeks after transferring to the ocean forest due to the soil having such a good nutrient profile. Sound legit? If that were the case I'd do veg for 4 weeks and start fertilizing when I start the flower cycle.

For nutrients etc: - I picked up a ph up and down kit and a ph tester, and I'll be using the advanced nutrients ph perfect line fertilizer (Bloom, Micro, and Grow)

I'm planning on doing 3 plants with the advanced nutrients stuff, and 1 plant all organic with worm castings and maybe bat guano during flowering. My dad keeps a worm farm for his garden, so I have an endless supply of this stuff. My only concern would be introducing contaminants of some sort using it. I haven't found much info regarding fertilizing schedules when using only worm castings, etc. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to getting things started! Thanks for reading!

Also if you stop in busy journals and have a journal and a link to it in your signature you'll draw a lot of interest in your own. Just find a big conversation and jump in.

Welcome Canadian Broski... Also in my first grow and it's such an exciting time. the only thing that could make it more exciting is to be allowed to have 6 or 8 plants. lmao.

Looking forward to growing with you. ( pun intended )

Welcome to the 420 Mag community!
We are all about sharing knowledge and helping spread the love. :yummy:

I am an experienced indoor grower and if you want to see easy, sound methods for indoor hydro,
I invite you to click this and follow my journal:

HYENA'S NEVER-ENDING ADVENTURES IN GROWING

Even if you grow in soil or coco there is much that applies. It's all there my friend!

Best of luck,
Peace, Hyena

I am in Canada too, Where did you get your seeds. From the info I have, the legal suppliers in BC have no seeds and no clones. I have complained to them and was told no one in Canada has seeds for sale but they are working on procuring them. From a legal standpoint any plants you grow are illegal without having purchased legal seeds. I complained to the Premier of BC and asked where I can get legal seeds. It's easy to get illegal seeds. Told him via email without a legal alternative I would buy from the black market and assume I have the governments approval since they choose not to supply legal seeds. By that I mean they can easily apply pressure for seeds from suppliers. Tell them no dried flower unless seeds come with it. It's that easy. The way I see it, suppliers are in no rush to supply legal seeds for two reasons. One, sell a guy dried product and he will be back in a week or so. Sell a guy seeds and does he come back at all. Two, The stock market and they need to pay investors a return on investment and cannot do that if they sell seeds from reason one.
Anyhow I am looking at cropking or others. I am in the process of gathering items needed to grow my own.

I am in Canada too, Where did you get your seeds. From the info I have, the legal suppliers in BC have no seeds and no clones. I have complained to them and was told no one in Canada has seeds for sale but they are working on procuring them. From a legal standpoint any plants you grow are illegal without having purchased legal seeds. I complained to the Premier of BC and asked where I can get legal seeds. It's easy to get illegal seeds. Told him via email without a legal alternative I would buy from the black market and assume I have the governments approval since they choose not to supply legal seeds. By that I mean they can easily apply pressure for seeds from suppliers. Tell them no dried flower unless seeds come with it. It's that easy. The way I see it, suppliers are in no rush to supply legal seeds for two reasons. One, sell a guy dried product and he will be back in a week or so. Sell a guy seeds and does he come back at all. Two, The stock market and they need to pay investors a return on investment and cannot do that if they sell seeds from reason one.
Anyhow I am looking at cropking or others. I am in the process of gathering items needed to grow my own.
Hey Ed, I just ordered from CKS (they claim to be totally legal up there) and I'm in the States, they came in 5 days...I followed directions, and on the third day they popped...white widow fems...they're a little more expensive but I wanted to try them out, I have been a Herbies customer for about 6 years and they are fantastic but you have to order by post/mail...And hey Aero, welcome to the site buddy :welcome:

Hey Ed, I just ordered from CKS (they claim to be totally legal up there) and I'm in the States, they came in 5 days...I followed directions, and on the third day they popped...white widow fems...they're a little more expensive but I wanted to try them out, I have been a Herbies customer for about 6 years and they are fantastic but you have to order by post/mail...And hey Aero, welcome to the site buddy :welcome:

I just looked at this site. all they claim is to be discreet. where did you see "legal" ?

Great a salesman lol.

I just looked at this site. all they claim is to be discreet. where did you see "legal" ?
Okay so It didn't say "legal" but it said it had "retail shops in Canada", so it kinda goes to say that they're legal don't ya think, or maybe they just wana get busted...IDK :rolleyes:
CKS.JPG

Great a salesman lol.
And here I thought this was a place to help people...
church sign.png

Okay so It didn't say "legal" but it said it had "retail shops in Canada", so it kinda goes to say that they're legal don't ya think, or maybe they just wana get busted...IDK :rolleyes:
CKS.JPG

And here I thought this was a place to help people...
church sign.png

15 years ago in southern ontario we used to go to a place called the hippie cafe. this guy, the owner was some kind of priest under some religion. we could go into his "church" with our own smoke and rent bongs and vapes and stuff and buy munchies like KD and cereal LMAO. bands played it was great. cops would walk through regularly and nobody ever got busted up.

It doesn't matter. if anyone asks you say you were legally "Gifted" some pot from a medicinal user and there were seeds in it. or the medicinal user legally "gifted" you 4 seeds. lol. the laws are just dumb

Back
Top Bottom