Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur w/ hobbyist level bundle
Medium - Coco/Perlite and a little vermicompost
PPM - 1,340
PH - 6.3
RH - 50% to 89%
Room Temperature -66 to 84
GrowLab40 Tent
Pests - None so far

Problem: I was tying down the 4 branches to keep the tops from reaching the light, little did i know the 4 way branch broke in the middle. (plant was given to me with a 4-way ). This is my first grow and obviously my tent is too small for this strain. Again, this was only given to me by a friend on week 2 of Veg. Will this heal or cause a delay I am in Day 13 from flowering. Will she still grow taller? Should I put any meds on the branch that broke? please help!

here is a pic:
410249286.jpg

410249288.jpg

410249287.jpg

can you get in there and tape them back together?? get them pressed back together asap

yes you will add a few days flowering time,maybe a week

best effort to tape them back together with top not touching the light :( i hope she makes it.. i don't mind being behind. what could i put on it to make it heal better & faster?

410249762.jpg

410249763.jpg

do you by chance have any aloe Vera kicking around??

keep the area clean,she will be alright,Ive done worse.

keep your hands clean when working with her,as engineer said, infection is a possibility

to be honest dude, you should get that tied up with some string, not too tight, but around each branch in some way as to bring those parts together, I wouldn't put tape on it due to the glue on the sticky side.

rope/string pinches it off and will cut into the outter membrane.

if you dont get it snug,it wont heal..ive never lost a plant from tape,anytape.duct,masking,electrician. clear..

when I experimented with grafting a decade ago,all my plants looked like a Frankenstein with all the tape holding her together

it seems the broken stem is drying.. i placed a fan on it last night & she seems to be healing well. no drooping on the leaves whatsoever. fingers crossed. i hope she makes it. the duct tape is holding!:thanks:

some pics of from today.. she seems to be doing well. i fed her today added 12ml of blackstrap molasses to 3 litres of water. i am thinking if i should trim her like the lower bud sites that do not get enough light. should i or should i not at her present condition? i believe lollipop ping is the correct term hehe. what do you guys think?

the four main colas:
410257334.jpg

the best looking cola among the four:
410257363.jpg

the lower bud site that i am itching to cut off:
410257336.jpg

410257335.jpg

any Advance Nutrients user here? I am currently using Connoisseur with Big Bud & B-52. I am wondering when to switch from Big Bud to Overdrive. I am currently at day 17 since the pistils started to show. tnx!

hope anyone can shed some light. when they say a strain is 8-9 weeks flowering, does this include the last 2 weeks of flowering already which is for flushing? i am suppose to shift from using big bud to overdrive on the last 2 weeks before flushing. also, do you start your count when you make the switch from 18/6 to 12/12 or do i start to count when i first see the pistils? thanks!

I use Teflon tape lightly wrapped then pull off once healed. Aloe Vera I've never heard of. Should be fine I super crop and lbt so it happens.

I have broken mains more than once... I know this sounds crazy but in reef keeping, I used to superglue corals to base rock etc... Cynocylacate is the active ingredient. I would use a small zip tied to pull it together tight and then lay a layer of glue over the top. It holds together Long enough to heal then the glue "skin" cracks off as the joint grows.

Back
Top Bottom