Let me know if I'm crazy

I’ve decided I’m going to harvest my plant this Friday. I am growing 2 plants. SOUR DIESEL SATIVA & MASTER KUSH INDICA. I’ve notice on some of my leafs on my sativa plant have some white spots on leafs and it’s starting to look like PM so I wanna cut it down before it gets worse. Also it’s starting to get really cold at night dropping to 7 degrees. During the day it’s 15-20 degrees but I still think the colds affecting it. Let me know your opinions but I think I’m certain on this.

im also considering cutting it down because it’s getting really cold at night. It’s dropping down to 5 degrees. Do you think it will survive ? It’s going to start getting colder and colder.
Couple of things I look at with any plant I have growing outside, and not just marijuana, is how tolerant is the plant when the temps drop to freezing or lower. Just for the sake of this msg I did a quick search using my favorite search engine and came across several web sites which say that marijuana will tolerate light frost, that is going down to 30 F or about -1 C. Then I came across several people who have had their plants survive down to -2 C or 28 F. You are now in a panic situation and will throw away all the time and effort you put into growing these two plants just because it got chilly? I am with the rest of the group and think that you still have time.

Another point, you think you have PM (I think you are talking Powdery Mildew) and using that as an excuse to jump the gun and cut them down in a couple of days. If you know for sure that you have PM then why not take care of the problem and let the plants have another week or more to grow and get the buds bigger? If it was me I would verify that it is a PM and fix it. It does not look like the photos of Powdery Mildew I found on line doing another search.

Do you think it will still get me high ?
I think it will give you a buzz, maybe even a decent one, but it will not be something that you will want to brag about.

You said this in the first msg:
Let me know your opinions but I think I’m certain on this.
It sounds like you are not as certain as you want to be and want opinions to help you make up your mind to keep the plants going for another couple weeks if possible. There are several good msg threads which have some excellent ways of helping the plants survive overnight when the temps drop to 0 or -1 Celsius (30-32 Fahrenheit).

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy the rest of the day.

im also considering cutting it down because it’s getting really cold at night. It’s dropping down to 5 degrees. Do you think it will survive ? It’s going to start getting colder and colder.

Build a cold frame. PVC pipe + heavy clear plastic. Use a small space heater (or a high watt heat bulb in a little clamp on deal if autoflower).

Or waste your efforts and end up with lawn clippings.

tenor.gif

Couple of things I look at with any plant I have growing outside, and not just marijuana, is how tolerant is the plant when the temps drop to freezing or lower. Just for the sake of this msg I did a quick search using my favorite search engine and came across several web sites which say that marijuana will tolerate light frost, that is going down to 30 F or about -1 C. Then I came across several people who have had their plants survive down to -2 C or 28 F. You are now in a panic situation and will throw away all the time and effort you put into growing these two plants just because it got chilly? I am with the rest of the group and think that you still have time.

Another point, you think you have PM (I think you are talking Powdery Mildew) and using that as an excuse to jump the gun and cut them down in a couple of days. If you know for sure that you have PM then why not take care of the problem and let the plants have another week or more to grow and get the buds bigger? If it was me I would verify that it is a PM and fix it. It does not look like the photos of Powdery Mildew I found on line doing another search.

I think it will give you a buzz, maybe even a decent one, but it will not be something that you will want to brag about.

You said this in the first msg:
It sounds like you are not as certain as you want to be and want opinions to help you make up your mind to keep the plants going for another couple weeks if possible. There are several good msg threads which have some excellent ways of helping the plants survive overnight when the temps drop to 0 or -1 Celsius (30-32 Fahrenheit).

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy the rest of the day.

i don’t mind waiting a couple weeks more it’s just the cold and the white spots and the some leafs discolouring are worrying me. I don’t want to end up with nothing but I think I’m going to try and build something for them.

Cut a bud dry it and smoke it? I think you will find it's irritating, paranoia inducing and not fun. At least that's been my experience with cutting early. As it was said here, get a magnifying loupe from Amazon and look at the trichomes. If they are ALL clear and Crystal looking it's TOO SOON and you need to wait! I always wait until my trichomes are mostly milky looking and a few are turning amber color... then I wait some more! About a week later I cut them down after letting them go without nutrients for a weeks or more.

First few times I grew pot, over 25 years ago now, I had plenty of early harvests and a few garbage bags full of bud. I remember usually what happened was that the first time I smoked it i got a little bit high and I thought it was really awesome and I was really proud of myself, then after smoking it for a few days I realized I had a few garbage bags full of really weak bud that mostly just made me mildly confused and dopey feeling. The OP’s is probably better than that- but yeah- it’s a waste to harvest early if you can possibly avoid it.

@Kushios - I will post a pic of what PM looks like when its just getting started. It's pretty slow moving and can be fixed VERY easily with a light spraying of Southern Ag - Garden friendly fungicide. It's an organic bacteria that lives with your roots in the soil. You can spray it on the leaves and it will eat any PM, bud rot mold and any spores as well.

It works great. On your harvest, definitely too early.

You can let the plant grow it will tolerate cold at night.

The problem with cold nights is PM - is very common this time of year and its taking over much of the plants around you right now. So its common to get it on your plants at this stage.

It happens due to the cool/cold nights and moisture condensing on the plants creates good conditions for molds and PM.

Get that Southern Ag stuff - you only need a small amount (1 tsp to a gallon o water) lightly sprayed on the leaf surface you will be mold and PM free until the frosts come and you harvest.

GL either way. Growing outdoors has some challenges. Your working with one.

Here's a plant I'm growing now - has slight amount of PM - see the white spot on the leaves. Doesn't look like yours but for sure PM is outside this time of year its everywhere really and completely normal. Look at the leaf that is pointing at you in the center - white spots, thats PM. I'm close to harvest and I'm not worried about it but I'm indoors so I just shut the windows and raised the temps at night.

And this is my Skittlezzz a buddy gave me she'll be coming down today last 3 days shes been icy then afternoon she thaws and looks perfectly fine lol and no that's not the good frost under it is though. Lol you win some you lose some.
In the am pics
20191010_080816_HDR1.jpg
20191010_080845_HDR1.jpg

Picture I just took
20191012_092240.jpg
20191012_092300.jpg
20191012_092249.jpg

Back
Top Bottom