light coverage qestion...

gunja

hey guys have been lst'n my plant for about 7 weeks now. As it is far wider than it is tall now i was wondering what sort of coverage i can get out of a 600watter without loosing too much intensity? Currently using MH but going to switch to HPS when the lights get flipped does a certain light have beter penetration or anything? thanx. oh yea lights about 12" from the canopy.

An Hps has a higher lumen of 92,000L a Mh has 70,000L of the same wattage. From a 600w you can expect to cover an area 6x6 with both bulbs.

I think that the OP is not going to use both bulbs but rather is intending to switch from the MH to the HPS.

If that is so, gunja should not expect to get good coverage in a 36 square foot area with just the 600 as that would be much less than 3000 lumens per square foot.

I would think no more than 18-20 square feet (and some may wish more light than that).

EDIT: Which is not to say that you couldn't grow in a 36 square foot room with a 600-watt HPS, only that you could probably get the same yield (and quite possibly better bud) with a smaller room.

Back
Top Bottom