light cycle

psychostoner

my plants are on a 24 hr. light cycle i wanna start flowering really soon but, my plants have never seen darkness in their lives. is it ok to change it to 12/12 or should i gently raise the dark piriod? I dont wanna shock my girls(hopefully girls i'll disowne them if their guys)

You should leave it on 24 the first few weeks then switch to 18/6 for veg , Then when to flower do the 12/12. The plant grows when it is dark so if i were you before flowering i would switch it to 18/6 at least.

actually 24hr light cycle isn't great for vegetation, your plants grow at night like teg said. 24hr is good for seedlings or when rooting clones, your whole veg cycle should be 18/6 for about 3-4 weeks. Then flower for about 60 days usually more depending on the strain.

24 hrs of light is great!! just not cost efficient... I did 24/0 for 2 months and a week... the result was a very compact plant, but more developed... nodes were only an inch apart at most

I heard that if you grow the veg cycle on 24, you'll yeild 10% more, or the plant will be 10% larger. But I'm not posotive...

it's not good to have such a change in the photoperiod (time if light) i w0uld do it slowly, like make it 20/4 then 3 days later 18/6. then 2 days later 12/12 and u should be good, cuz if you go 12/12 right away it'll shock your plants.
:peace: :bongrip:

ALL living things need to rest in order to rejuvinate ..... 24/7 is not only rough in the energy bill but not healthy ..... even a crack head needs to sleep .....
try this... if you can side by side a plant in 24/0 and a plant with 20/4 or the classic 18/6.... you might change your opinion once you tri it for yourself ....
24/0 is good for the first week of a seedling or a clone....:smokin:
i have also practiced a 36hr dark period between cycles with great results.

i think id have to bring down light hrs ..... if you were to drop .5 hr every day for 12 daze youd be at 18/6... maintain 18/6 for a wek or so then go 12/12

Back
Top Bottom