Light sometimes doesn't switch on

theengineer

hey all - as per the title, one two mornings when I have checked, everything else had switched on, but not the light. simply unplugging it and plugging it back in again resolves it, even into the same plug hole it was in originally. I have a dimmable 600w Lumatek digital ballast, and run 600w Osram Plantstar bulbs off it, always at 600w, never switched up or down.

the extractor fan is plugged into the same extension block, and that in turn plugs into a heavy duty mechanical mains timer.

the first time it happened I swapped the extension block, but it has happened again on a new one, so my thoughts are that there is an issue with the ballast? anyone had similar woes with Lumatek kit?

I am currently having the same problem bit with a 1000w platinum LED light. I have came to the conclusion that my extension cord is rated to handle the surge of the light and the extractor fan kicking on at the same time.
Moved extractor fan to different plug different timer different GFI and have been smooth sailing since

Back
Top Bottom