Lighting and seedling question

Jmaninthemiddle420

I’m sure this question has been answered many times but could I start seedling underneath a 2000 watt full spectrum led light or would that just kill it? Traditionally I start my seedlings under a fluorescent light than move it to led light with just veg light on to ween it into full spectrum veg and bloom light. Also my transplanting skills are very poor. I’ve been using solo cups which I’ve heard mixed reviews about but will be upgrading to the air pots for easy transplanting my window photoperiod plants which you should check out btw do absolutely wonderful starting in 1 gallon pots with no transplanting

I’m sure this question has been answered many times but could I start seedling underneath a 2000 watt full spectrum led light or would that just kill it? Traditionally I start my seedlings under a fluorescent light than move it to led light with just veg light on to ween it into full spectrum veg and bloom light. Also my transplanting skills are very poor. I’ve been using solo cups which I’ve heard mixed reviews about but will be upgrading to the air pots for easy transplanting my window photoperiod plants which you should check out btw do absolutely wonderful starting in 1 gallon pots with no transplanting
My young girls don't like bright LED's. If I forget and leave them on it cooks the leaves. I have some very low wattage lights over my babies, I would recommend you keep them under lower strength lights till they are well rooted.

Yes, you can start it out under that wattage. Just make sure a couple of things:
-Have the light far way from seedling (4ft away) or so
- good air movement
- start them out in 1gal and not solo cups due to them drying out so quick. You can use solos though, just have to water more often.

Im not a fan of airpots, hard to water the plant. Just regular plastic pot or fabric will be perfect.

The positive of the bigger light will be a huge yielding plant, the negative is growing so fast it draws alot of Calcium under the bigger lights. Well worth it in my opinion.
The florescent are great too and probably the best option if you are new to growing.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom