Lighting questions

Very nice brotha!! Ok so I do still have a question or 2... is two 1000w lights better than three 600w lights?? Just asking for light spread basically??
My 8×4 only needs 1600w to make it 50w/SF.
Just wondering?? I know how important light is for big yields!!

The two 1000w's would be better since more light is ALWAYS better when growing MMJ (assuming you can control heat), however, you could get THREE 720w fixtures. That would give redundancy if one of them failed. Mars has a very nice 720w and they're one of the site sponsors. DISCLAIMER: I use two of their lights! ;)

the lower the wattage the closer
020.jpg
to the plants you can put them mine are only 12 inches from canopy and i never burn them and my resin pops out like pimples on your ass.

I think 3 600 is way better than two 1000 better even canopy coverage.

Ok, this is definately getting me places lol.
The two 1000w's would be better since more light is ALWAYS better when growing MMJ (assuming you can control heat), however, you could get THREE 720w fixtures. That would give redundancy if one of them failed. Mars has a very nice 720w and they're one of the site sponsors. DISCLAIMER: I use two of their lights! ;)

Ok this is all good info you guys... thank you. Looks like I will do some homework and come back with a plan as to what might works the best for me

the lower the wattage the closer
020.jpg
to the plants you can put them mine are only 12 inches from canopy and i never burn them and my resin pops out like pimples on your ass.

With higher wattage you can raise the lights and cover a larger footprint. As I said, more watts is always better with MMJ. The Mars 720w covers a 4.5'x4.5' footprint 12"-16" above the canopy.

Nice flower, BTW! :welldone:

Here's one of mine from a recent harvest:

full

If I were you I would go hps for your flower tent... don’t buy a 1000w hps though they aren’t efficient, they will heat your tent like crazy and drop humidity as well.. For an 8x4 flower tent two 600w hps fixtures would do great. I’ve done leds(I had 2x1200 LED viparspectras) and now ONLY use them in veg and run hps in flower. I personally get bigger denser nugs and the quality is fine - check my journal. I’m running a 10x10x7 tent with 4x600w hps and am doing great. Also those leds you bought are only going to have like 280w draw from the wall or somewhere in that area

If I were you I would go hps for your flower tent... don’t buy a 1000w hps though they aren’t efficient, they will heat your tent like crazy and drop humidity as well.. For an 8x4 flower tent two 600w hps fixtures would do great. I’ve done leds(I had 2x1200 LED viparspectras) and now ONLY use them in veg and run hps in flower. I personally get bigger denser nugs and the quality is fine - check my journal. I’m running a 10x10x7 tent with 4x600w hps and am doing great. Also those leds you bought are only going to have like 280w draw from the wall or somewhere in that area

Thanks man. I do realise the specs on those lights, that's why I thought 2 of them in a 3×3 veg tent should do well, correct me if I'm wrong there??
And all and all it looks like HPS will probably be the way I go for a while being that it's not too pricey.
And also would it benefit at all to put deep red led booster type lights like the GL8 or something along those lines in with the HPS lights?? Just a thought as to people saying the spectrum is important.

Thanks man. I do realise the specs on those lights, that's why I thought 2 of them in a 3×3 veg tent should do well, correct me if I'm wrong there??
And all and all it looks like HPS will probably be the way I go for a while being that it's not too pricey.
And also would it benefit at all to put deep red led booster type lights like the GL8 or something along those lines in with the HPS lights?? Just a thought as to people saying the spectrum is important.

You can add CMH to get mixed spectrum ;)

Back
Top Bottom