Lighting questions

Par over spectrum.PNG

Spectrum is not important only par. Par means photosynthetic available radiation. Its how much light is emitted not the spectrum its in.

Dude, PAR is the spectrum. It represents the wavelengths of the available spectrums in the lights (i.e. PAR values correspond to the color/wavelenghts of the lights).

What's really important is the PPFD (Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density) which tells you how much of the PAR is hitting the plants. :Namaste:

If spectrum was truely important then bulbs would only come in one.

I don't understand how PAR can be important but spectrum not. :hmmmm:

They are essentially the same. The spectrum refers to the entire color spectrum. PAR refers to the parts of the spectrum that are usable for photosynthesis by the plants. The entire reason LED manufacturers list the PAR values is because of the importance of that part of the spectrum to the plants. And, guess what? They only come in one! :laugh: (i.e. 630nm or 660nm, etc. - they mix these SPECTRUMS/diodes on a board to create a LED fixture)

Now, again, PAR only tells you what parts of the light spectrum that are usable by the plants for photosynthesis are in the fixture. The PPFD will tell you how much of that spectrum reaches the plants at a given distance above the canopy.

BOTH are important!

I stand corrected on this issue apparently par is the amount of light in the spectrum used by plants.

PAR is the measurement of the WAVELENGTHS of light that are usable for photosynthesis.

So par is the amount of light emited in the area on the chart used by plants.

The chart is really a PPFD chart which will show how much of those PAR values reach the plants when the light is a specified distance above the plants. The key is that the PAR values are represented in nm and PPFD is measured in (micromoles per square meter per second) umol's.

YES! More blue for veg and more red for flower. :thumb:

Well I will have the blurple spectrum from the vipar for veg and am just thinking of a way to try and get some red if I do go to the HPS set up for flowering. I think if I go that way I can easily do it for half the price... which is nice for now considering it is still my first grow!!

Hey Jody those buds look amazing bro... hopefully one day I will be pulling buds like that too!!
There’s some people I see that I think the same thing. Thank you. I’ve only been growing for a year, this will be my third harvest but I learned some stuff from some friends and a lot from this site. Just do some research and you can be growing good bud in no time.

Back
Top Bottom