Lighting?

Linkorien

i know the question come up alot what light how high blah blah but hears my thing

i am going to use CFL (the screw in kind) iv gone over lowes web site over and over agen looking at all the different typ of CFL light available and home depot

alot of the lights say something like 14 watts (60 watt)? i don't get this
another thing is how do i find the lumen from a bulb and how do i translate ether to kelvins

say im going to do 3 plants in a pretty compact space 3'x2'x6' what should i be looking for in any of watt lumens or k terms and how do i pick a good bulb

iv allso seen daylight bulbs wich i read are good but iv seen full spectrum bulbs aswell, are thos good? should i have a mix of any typ? and when flowering should i use different spectrum's of CFL vs vegetation periods?

any answer is a good one for me thaks for the time

get the daylight (blue packages at home depot) for veg ... they say color temp 6500k.

Get the warm/soft light (green packages at home depot) they say color temp of 2700k or 3500k.

"alot of the lights say something like 14 watts (60 watt)? i don't get this"

60 watt equivalent. It only uses 14 watts electricity (what you get billed for) while producing around the same amount of light as a 60 watt regular old school (incandescent) light bulb.

Home depot sells a 68 watt 2700k (equal to 300 watts) that screws into a standard (medium) socket. They would be great for bloom...

thanks for that tip ill take a look at them

also i came across a thought i haven't seen mention or asked so figured why not me the dumb a$$

when refering to the lighting of your room, do you mean (x-number) by square ft. of space like that of a flat surface?
or do you mean of the entire space has a box?

U find the answers u were looking for?

i found a plethora of knowledge that i intern both thank and ador boss for his wounderfull deminstration and the pictorial that went with it
but i find somany questins surrounding me

i was thinking of useing something like 12 cfls on a made up reflector.
on both long sides attach 2 UV bulbs of some sort, iv read reptile lights in UVB activate the plants deafens from the sun, intern creating higher risen glads?
any truth maybe?

second it would be a small area maybe 1'9"deep x 2'7"wide x 3'1"high "lol"

about 2.5 feet up from the ground, on the 3 surounding walls, centerd i was thinking thous 12"x12" led grow pannels for $50-$60 bucks seemed interesting

altogether something like this please excuse the paint shop

light_box.jpg

lastly i found thes GE bulbs that provide

26 watts
1700 lumen
2700 kelvins

wich total without the tube lighting at 5 sq ft if

130 watts
8500 lumen
13500 kelvins

any good? also remember i sill have two tube lights open for use and numbers would change

Back
Top Bottom