Lights getting hot

The issue is with the size of the intake and/or how well the hot air can escape the closet the tent is in.

What is the m3/h rating on the fan?

Don't worry about the driver, it's the lights that make the most heat, and don't worry about that either you can't find a much better light to heat ratio than you have, so even a smal HPS would make it an oven in there.

Get a watt meter and set it to 135w (or lower) ;)

I remembered today that the Meanwell "A" type drivers (the ones with built in dimming), run above their rated output when the built in potentiometer is turned to max. I know this is true of mine, I just checked

Yes, the Type A 'CV' (Constant Voltage) ones have a slightly higher voltage than their name suggests and they're the only MW drivers where you can adjust both Volt and Ampere.
A MW HLG 185h - 24A is not 24V max but actually 27V max, it should be 187,2w DC, but it's capable of delivering 210,6w DC (pulls ~227w from the wall)

The Type A 'CC' (Constant Current' drivers can only be dimmed via the Ampere so the Volt will follow according to the load on the unit being powered.

How’s it going I have a hlg 550 gets hot to put the fan directly on it seems to keep it around 75-80 degrees not Shaw if I rate the light to be any good spent a lot of money on it I think the sonti 400 watt is better don’t know I think it’s over rated bro later

Well it seems to veg well although I think it's sustained some damage from the initial heat.
Otherwise all is going ok. Still got a little bit of tweaking to do with the set up. Going to give her maybe a week before I flip it and will keep you all posted.

Back
Top Bottom