Little Bugger acting like it's going to flower right out of dirt?

BlackThumb

I'm not sure what this plant thinks it's doing.
It has had a rough life since 1st popping dirt. Came home from work to see it spouted to about 1/2" tall, all bent over under a big dirt plug hat like some kind of mini weight lifter packing a good size load. Nothing a couple of pumps on the spray bottle didn't dissolve so it could get a head full of light.
It then decided to grow to about 1.5" tall and branch. Even though the right hand branch is about half the size of the left, branch it did.
oneinchbranch.jpg

Now I swear it looks like little preflower nubs popping out of the nodes, and under even a 10x hand magnifier I also swear I see beginning Trics, (you can almost see some sprinkled around in the photo I think). I don't see any little pair of balls or anything yet, but just looking at this age is kind of freaking me out.
branchpreflwrcloseA.jpg

A photo of whats in the closet waiting to go to the HPS as available, shows it in the right hand cup to the rear. It is the same age to the day as the cup to the rear left, so it has spent a lot of it's energy getting to where it is now relative to that one.
plantcloset3wkAug.jpg

I have no clue to the strain as I collect seeds from preferred purchases throughout the year and search for viable seeds if I like it and want to try that as a grow. The seeds not making the cut get thrown into a baggie for seeding the Metroplex area whenever I cross railroad tracks, parks or anywhere else with sun/water and a chance.
You guys experience anything like this little critter?
(Must apologize for lack of photo skills not knowing what the majority of these buttons do).

I am not experiencing what you have, but according to what you're saying it sounds like the plant is autoflowering. There are some strains that flower no matter what the light cycle is, like lowryder and the LR#2. I'm assuming you're still vegging your plants, if so what is your light cycle?

After inspecting the pictures you've shown I see no signs of flowering. I don't see any pistils, nor pollen sacs (as you already stated).

branchpreflwrcloseA.jpg

It looks like usual veg growth, the new growth spots here will most likely branch out and create several more leaves and maybe another budding location.

Another picture showing the leaves appears to have some specs on it, but it looks like water to me, did you water it prior to taking this photo? I'm not looking at your plant in person; nor do I have a magnifying glass to see more detail, so everything I am saying is to my best knowledge with what you have posted.

^Hey X, how you do'in.
I'm not sure if it is trying to flower yet or not, but it has certainly been walking down its own path to date. Am kind of pulling for it to be female so it can continue it's journey. It's been interesting as a simple random pull from bagseed to tend since day one, and I feel like I am pulling for some kind of underdog or something. I am just used to them growing up a while before branching and such, pretty much like the other four in the same closet. AF never occured to me.

It has seen nothing but 18/6 light cycle to date. I have started watching for what these nodes are going to produce from shear curiosity. If this thing starts branching at all these clusters at nodes, its going to be 8" tall and 3 yards wide. :)

I went in a little bit ago and put my 30x on the leaf to get a better view of the little globes. I only foliar feed very rarely with a Sea Kelp which this plant has not yet seen, so not water mist. When I do use it, the entire leaf surface is pretty much slicked rather than dotted like these. Let me re-phrase to "tried" to put 30x on it without pulling a leaf. Every now and then I would buzz through the focus range, and after doing that for 10 minutes built up a fair image of small liquid globes of varying diameters. There was no cone structure under each, and it appears to possibly just be this plants normal aspiration functions through big pours or something.
I just have to chock it up to another interesting deviation from the norm for this one, and keep tending, watching, and hoping for this obviously Indica dominant to show Fem.

I'm good man, you?
I'll pray she is a girl. You always have to have a good outlook and hope for the best.

And yea, that plant will probably be one bushy mother fucka. Take some photos in a few days, I'm betting there's going to be a bunch of branching at the nodes there.

I just thought of this because I feel like it pertains to the subject, anyways I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that small traces of THC can be found in vegging plants because MJ starts producing small amounts from day 1. Males will have THC as well...can always make hash if things don't turn out the way you hope.

Good luck brotha

Back
Top Bottom