Living soil

Must be a Durban hybrid then. You read what I said about flowering times??

I've ran it many many times. I had to cross it with an indica that runs less time that lowered the flowering time to 10-12 weeks. Thats getting into mid October with a shortened flowering time hybrid seed mixed in.

Also I woodn't call Durban an easy one to grow. Its tolerable to a lot of issues but getting to harvest was never the easiest for me.
Hello, thanks for your input.. I appreciate it. Yeah I hear what your saying. Think I might order some Hollands hope as well.. Holland is a similar climate to ours, and its well reviewed as being also a good choice. Its indica, and good thc levels. What you think? I've spike to my friend and it may be possible to move the durban in doors come October if they are a long way off. We just need to make a shead and buy some equipment. At least we can grow them to a good decent size in the tunnel. Finding it hard to get good organic soil shipped to my location. Any suggestions?

I say plant it straight in the ground. Roots need room to grow. Especially when you have the sun for a light.
The spot I planted in was about a foot of sandy soil on top of clay gumbo I added 5 gal pail of leaf compost ( cow manure is very high in nitrogen & will burn if to much is used) a couple handfuls of bone meal & blood meal . Was also a clover patch in front of it Did add 4 gallons of bud boom when was into budding a couple times
did it 2 years in a row & got same results
this is the roots from the first year plant check my media for the other pics of plant

IMG_1519.JPG
Yeah I agree! Dig some big holes with shovels and amend the soil and add whatever you want. Look up how they prepare the plots in the California mountains! Although you probably won’t have to dig such a big hole cuz you have a shorter growing season. I think you should also plant a indica in case the Durban ends up taking to long to mature.

Hello, thanks for your input.. I appreciate it. Yeah I hear what your saying. Think I might order some Hollands hope as well.. Holland is a similar climate to ours, and its well reviewed as being also a good choice. Its indica, and good thc levels. What you think? I've spike to my friend and it may be possible to move the durban in doors come October if they are a long way off. We just need to make a shead and buy some equipment. At least we can grow them to a good decent size in the tunnel. Finding it hard to get good organic soil shipped to my location. Any suggestions?
High tunnel will work for sure. You could run almost anything in there. Start flowering early with light dep. Which is putting a tarp over the tunnel every day before the sun goes down. Can gain a few weeks doing that and keep the rains away.

Where ya located?

We are in NYS - about 43* Latitude so the rains could start first week of October usually later but when the rains start just time to harvest. I wont be sunny any more after the rains start anyways.

High tunnel will work for sure. You could run almost anything in there. Start flowering early with light dep. Which is putting a tarp over the tunnel every day before the sun goes down. Can gain a few weeks doing that and keep the rains away.

Where ya located?

We are in NYS - about 43* Latitude so the rains could start first week of October usually later but when the rains start just time to harvest. I wont be sunny any more after the rains start anyways.
Yeah moving them indoors under lights in late September won't be a problem. We are building a shed later in summer.. I'm in Ireland

Where ya located?

Hey, yeah I'm in Europe 54 degrees north.. We bit further north, but hey fkk it we gonna roll with them now.. All 5 seeds have just burst the surface. We are building a big shed in the summer, and I've explained all to my buddy that we will probably have to finish them under lights come September. It's funny cuz last 5 yrs we have had great sunshine in late September into first few weeks in October.. Hopefully this Yr will be the same. Because this site is a new build, we can only put the tunnel in 1 spot for now.. For security reasons alone. The earth there has been shored with heavy stone to a depth of 7ft!! We just can't plant into the ground here.. Next year the tunnel will be in its final resting place, somewhere where we can build healthy living soil over time.. But for this Yr, it's big pots or at all.. Going to order some Hollands home this week.. Holland is further north than me, and this strain is for harder European climates. Kicking myself didn't start with these, but live and learn as they say. A know they will Need heavy feeding etc, taking a trip soon to get living soil mixture.. Can't get ocean forest delivered to my location, which kinda sucks.. Have to just build it as best as I can.. As for the height issue, I've seen documentaries where growers in Africa split satvia stalks in the the middle, and flatten down the stems of the plant, this reduces the height greatly.. And they say it doesn't affect the yield... Its called strain hunters Swaziland.. Great episode.. Il probably have to do something similar

Yeah moving them indoors under lights in late September won't be a problem. We are building a shed later in summer.. I'm in Ireland

Hey, yeah I'm in Europe 54 degrees north.. We bit further north, but hey fkk it we gonna roll with them now.. All 5 seeds have just burst the surface. We are building a big shed in the summer, and I've explained all to my buddy that we will probably have to finish them under lights come September. It's funny cuz last 5 yrs we have had great sunshine in late September into first few weeks in October.. Hopefully this Yr will be the same. Because this site is a new build, we can only put the tunnel in 1 spot for now.. For security reasons alone. The earth there has been shored with heavy stone to a depth of 7ft!! We just can't plant into the ground here.. Next year the tunnel will be in its final resting place, somewhere where we can build healthy living soil over time.. But for this Yr, it's big pots or at all.. Going to order some Hollands home this week.. Holland is further north than me, and this strain is for harder European climates. Kicking myself didn't start with these, but live and learn as they say. A know they will Need heavy feeding etc, taking a trip soon to get living soil mixture.. Can't get ocean forest delivered to my location, which kinda sucks.. Have to just build it as best as I can.. As for the height issue, I've seen documentaries where growers in Africa split satvia stalks in the the middle, and flatten down the stems of the plant, this reduces the height greatly.. And they say it doesn't affect the yield... Its called strain hunters Swaziland.. Great episode.. Il probably have to do something similar
You order a high brick kit brother. Don’t buy your mix.... you want to make it yourself. They sell kits of the amendments you mix it yourself brother... or you gunna be buying a lot or dirt. And who know what’s in it? Hope I helped some...

You order a high brick kit brother. Don’t buy your mix.... you want to make it yourself. They sell kits of the amendments you mix it yourself brother... or you gunna be buying a lot or dirt. And who know what’s in it? Hope I helped some...
Thanks man, yeah helped alot, going to have to watch some videos on how to mix it all up. But unfortunately amazon don't have it in stock at the moment, can't seem to be able to order it from anywhere unless I have bit coin.. Which I don't.. We are going to make a composting area, and make our own soil for next Yr.. Just going to have use what can get our hands on for this season . All I can get ordered now is fox farm And bio bizz products.. Getting fungi and worms castings and as much feed as I can order. People have told me before that they had OK results using the pre made bags of tomato soil grow bags lol. Have u heard of people using this?

Thanks man, yeah helped alot, going to have to watch some videos on how to mix it all up. But unfortunately amazon don't have it in stock at the moment, can't seem to be able to order it from anywhere unless I have bit coin.. Which I don't.. We are going to make a composting area, and make our own soil for next Yr.. Just going to have use what can get our hands on for this season . All I can get ordered now is fox farm And bio bizz products.. Getting fungi and worms castings and as much feed as I can order. People have told me before that they had OK results using the pre made bags of tomato soil grow bags lol. Have u heard of people using this?
There is so many different mixes. I think nectar of the gods has like 8 different mixes they sell. I have been playing with coco and for like the past 2 years. I used to use the foxfarm bags a long time ago then started doing dwc.

I’m about to start playing in the water more, maybe a 4ftx4ft table and try a couple plants in Los outside.

It auto corrected me... it’s high brix. Bobbrown probably will be more help than me.... I been playing with coco.

Google "Coots Mix" - you should be able to get all ingredients where you are. Its a simple recipe based around best quality compost and peat moss. You should have that where you are.
Thanks man, managed to find some of that coots mix online.. It says it will be enough to cover 50lt of soil.. So I've order 4 bags to cover approx 200lt of soil. Thanks for the help, much appreciate it... !!

Back
Top Bottom