SOG 3gal Organic Soil Mix

Oh, the monthly update! :cheer:

Nice flat canopy and pretty flowers DC...carry on. :thumb:

Next one will come early - harvest in a week or so! I don’t even know how to grow uneven canopies

Great work DC!

Thanks Stunger!

Three gallons of joy DeeCee!

Indeed! I’ve actually really enjoyed this grow, easy to handle and move plants for watering and pruning and still a full tent of beefy, stanky flowers!

I’ve been watering once a day when the lights come on. The pots are usually close to dry but I think the mulch helped a lot. If they were in bigger pots I would’ve probabaly been able to go a day longer but in these two days they are dried right out. I also possibly would not be seeing the the odd deficiency or earlier fade on them I am seeing and would’ve had more buffer with issues. But overall it really hasn’t been bad using the Gaia green amendments to offset the disadvantages of the small pots.

As long as we can get them to eat. I've had luck in limited trials with Geoflora in small pots.

i think he went with gaia green otter. geo flora is not available here in canada. it can't get organic certification here and can't be shipped. i'm pretty sure it's only allowed in the US at present.

i think he went with gaia green otter. geo flora is not available here in canada. it can't get organic certification here and can't be shipped. i'm pretty sure it's only allowed in the US at present.

Correct, being that they are a sponsor I totally would’ve went with them if I could’ve. I think they are pretty much the same idea though.

Top dress every 3 weeks or so and cruise! If using coco or peat moss you can premix it into the medium as well, just don’t pre mix into already hot soil whoops!
I mixed up my own no till soil though for next round but I will still use this for all my vegetables and possibly even top dressing on my no till. It’s been a great introduction to organic growing.

Correct, being that they are a sponsor I totally would’ve went with them if I could’ve. I think they are pretty much the same idea though.

Top dress every 3 weeks or so and cruise! If using coco or peat moss you can premix it into the medium as well, just don’t pre mix into already hot soil whoops!
I mixed up my own no till soil though for next round but I will still use this for all my vegetables and possibly even top dressing on my no till. It’s been a great introduction to organic growing.

i'd give geo flora a try in heartbeat if i could get it.

i might be able to get some over the border through some long haul drivers i know that can still cross. i don't wanna put them at risk if it's gonna be an issue for customs though. they tell me they bring back all sorts of personal stuff that's hard to get here.

@InTheShed update coming at you early this month!

They’ve all been chopped, double washed and hung to dry. Summer is providing excellent drying conditions here in my southern Ontario basement of 64 degrees and 60% RH for a nice slow dry!

761DA23D-6685-41A3-B034-E677F8DDA982.jpeg
9143BC15-FBB8-4712-A308-241951775900.jpeg
541AD762-8F72-40A9-A8C7-4BD3AC81CD63.jpeg

Some real bangers showin up!
I really can’t believe how big some of these plants got in the 3 gallon pots, especially white widow, what a great resilient strain to grow! I will wait on the weigh in but I really think the 8 organic 3gallon plants outdid the 5 General Hydroponics / Reno fed 5gallon plants in Promix HP, same footprint. Don’t get me wrong folks this was by no means a controlled experiment though, I did different training techniques and veg times, and both grows plagued by WPM. But I can definitely say I enjoyed growing more using organic amendments, managing my soil instead of daily reservoir mixing, salt stains and managing the plants nutrient uptake instead of letting them manage it!
4DCA5FCE-2705-494E-8424-640C6D6ACB37.jpeg
7F34E525-00DD-4ABA-BE1A-DAD9D0321501.jpeg

A86DCF1A-78CE-411D-9BE3-75C3497B0B00.jpeg
I am super amped for my LOS grow outside in 20gals. Might start a journal...like a monthly one...sorta like this....

image.jpg
Blending in:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom