Lollipopping Newbie

Looking good with the flat top often used by indoor growers. And the area under the canopy has been cleaned out to get rid of those leaves and small stems the end up amounting to nothing.

But I have to disagree with Bill on this.....

I have visited a small outdoor medical grow (a pre legal recreational grow) where the guys working the plants had turned them into a true lollipop form. The canopy on each plant was a round ball and the stem or stems below the bottom of the canopy was cut bare with no leaves or small stems.

There have been photos on 420 of outdoor lollipop plants with the round canopy. One of the best ones the poster had his plants in a fenced in area in the yard. The plants were in several rows, each with that look. The ground was covered with straw as a mulch. It did look like a well planned grow.

The idea is that the sunlight can hit not only the top of the canopy but because of its intensity and because it comes at the plant from more than just straight above it can hit more of the surface of a the round shape. With the traditional 'flat top tuna fish can' type of lollipop that we trim and train indoors there is a larger area underneath that gets very little light indoors and not much more outdoors. And indoors the reflected light from the sides of the tent that hit the sides of this type of canopy is weaker light than what is hitting the top.

Maybe my basic artwork showing a round ball lollipop plant and a flat top helps explain what I am getting at.

lollipop stem.jpg
indoor lollipop.jpg
Just a little update on my experiment: a couple close ups (zoom in for best image) and then the mini colas (decorative grass behind makes it look bigger than it is lol) on the loli pop top.

C88FCFFD-847A-4940-80CD-50CEC2A6DCAF.jpeg

28DCA538-F505-4ABD-8852-0C8BBA54DFE2.jpeg

12E98648-0060-4D04-A66E-9AB0F56D1D89.jpeg

Just a little update on my experiment: a couple close ups (zoom in for best image) and then the mini colas (decorative grass behind makes it look bigger than it is lol) on the loli pop top.

C88FCFFD-847A-4940-80CD-50CEC2A6DCAF.jpeg

28DCA538-F505-4ABD-8852-0C8BBA54DFE2.jpeg

12E98648-0060-4D04-A66E-9AB0F56D1D89.jpeg
Just beautiful. Spectacular garden. :yahoo:
We still have a ways to go.
Your a few hrs south of me so hopefully you get some warm weather.
Chilly up here today 3 c this morning. :rolleyes:
Hope your doing well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Just beautiful. Spectacular garden. :yahoo:
We still have a ways to go.
Your a few hrs south of me so hopefully you get some warm weather.
Chilly up here today 3 c this morning. :rolleyes:
Hope your doing well my friend.

Stay safe
Yes they need to fatten up yet lol. Some of my fan leaves have started to yellow now as well. I am hoping for 3 more weeks !

Yes they need to fatten up yet lol. Some of my fan leaves have started to yellow now as well. I am hoping for 3 more weeks !
I had to move a fruit Punch Auto outside the greenhouse, she had mold.
But ever fan leaf on her has frozen and died already.
Stay warm Amigo.

Be safe

Back
Top Bottom