Long stems with few buds

rp12bar

growing in coco and fairly new at it. Had a couple of harvests that averaged two to three ounces per plant. (I've heard of plants with a pound. never seen one though, kinda like that fish I caught.) This crop was very week with long spindly stems with little bud. Havent changed any thing. Still follow the chart for feeding. any Ideas? Maybe bulbs need changing? Thanks for any help.

Re: long stems with few buds.

Well the whole weight thing depends on whether it was wet or dry weight !

Its a reasonable well known fact that most plants are 70% odd water content once dryed ya left with between 20% to 30% dry weight & thats a fact...

Long stems might be a strain related thing as some plants are lanky its just the way they grow... more likely got some sativa genetics in it :thumb:

I would more likely look at the lights used for vegging also... if using HPS for veg these are known to produce excessive stretch of stems etc...

Where as MH or cfl/T5 in the 6500k (kelvin) spectrum of light... thats the blue spectrum best used for vegging helps keeps internode spacing on the shorter side !

Im using t5s in veg.. pretty sure I need new bulbs in bloom. I have three grows on them. Like I said the first two were fine, im happy with three oz per plant. just don t like the long stems this trip. Id love to see a plant with a pd on it. By the way do you know about how many times you can clone a mother? thanks

I know of growers who have kept mother plants for a few years :thumb:

Ya can take multiple clones of a mother plant as long as it is alive 'n' well...

Back
Top Bottom