Red stems and slow growth in coco: Need help!

richdoh1

I have 5 Plants still in veg showing red lines up stems, red Petioles some wilting and extremely slow growth. This is my first coco grow and would appreciate any help.
Here is a little breakdown:
Ethos Genetics- Ethos Cookies & Grandpas Stash, Twenty 20 genetics- Glue Sniffer (Doesn't appear these strains genetics are common for red stems)
- Using Mothers earth coco/Perlite 70/30
- 5 Gallon pots (Started In solo, then one gallon then transplanted to 5 gallon about 4 weeks ago)
- Advanced Nutrients Sensi line A+B, B-52 running half strength, and 2ml of fish shit per gallon
- PPM's 750 going in and Run off between 600-900 PPM's. And PH'd to 5.8
- PH runoff between 5.6 - 6.0
- 5 x 5 Tent w/ HLG Scorpion Diablo 650R LED light
- PPFD 650 at canopy
- Room Temp between 67° F at lights off to 80° F during lights on
- Humidity between 50% - 60%
- Watering once pot feel light, top is dry and underneath is just slightly damp
I was watering more often in the beginning but run off PPM's starting getting almost double of what was putting in and growth almost completely stopped. Flushed with PH'd water, Let dry up and started adding nutes again. Appeared to be getting better then this started. I was considering adding some Cal/Mag or just some Epson Salt for Mag but Mothers Earth is Pre-Buffered and didn't want to make issues worse till after I get some feedback from other growers. I believe this is some form of Nutrient deficiency as everything else seems to be all showing all in line.

Here are some Pics

EC602CCE-F556-4D2A-B108-BF8BD147A26E.jpeg

1613A22D-3CDE-4CFE-BD2B-5C0ED7ED2656.jpeg

38A22CAD-61E0-46BC-92B3-205C50B706A3.jpeg

1572E631-A6C8-4D47-9F1B-FE59453B3AF9.jpeg

And vigilant watering. Every day and twice on sunday i think.

Maybe its twice a day when in flower. Possibly

Karma sent

And perhaps lowrr the ph a tad. 5.5 to 5.7

Watering daily when it’s not up taking that much worries me because that is what seemed to cause my runoff to be more than double the ppm’s than what I was putting it. And from what I have read it shouldn’t be more than 200-300 over what you are adding or can lead to salt build up and lockout. Right now I’m adding every 2-3 days depending on the plant. But that is changing as two plants are taking up more quickly now.

Ok forget what you think you know for a second and read this… coco is passive hydro

1st - coco coir is not the same as soil. Technically speaking coco is soilless and its treated as drain to waste hydro. Coco is inert - it has zero nutrients to sustain a plant same goes for perlite theres nothing in there to make plant grow it’s merely holding roots. You are bottle feeding them so they need cal mag plus nutes at every feeding.

Plain water does nothing to help your plants grow….forget watering it’s called fertigate you fertilize and irrigate meaning they get fed feed water which again is water with cal mag added first then your nutes added and last is ph adjusted to 5.8. This keeps cal mag from dropping out.

in a manner of speaking you can’t overwater coco but if a lockout does occur then it can be flushed. Coco plants can not run the same wet dry cycle like in soil.. Also forget testing runoff - runoff contains fine particles from your grow media that come out in the wash it’s not an accurate number anyway. Worry about the ph right before you feed your girls not what comes out of the bucket later

agree with Nivek above with one consideration…. He said water every day and I believe what he meant was feed every day or even 2X per day when plant is large or in flower some bump up to feed 3X per day.

hopefull Nivek will correct me if I’m out in left field

welcome aboard Rich - nice gear, you did a great write up & well on your way to a successful harvest!

- Watering once pot feel light, top is dry and underneath is just slightly damp

May I ask how often this is please ?

5 gallon pot is pretty big... So I'm thinking either under or over watering which both share the common characteristic of wilting, Ye you did mention that !

Which might slow growth ?

But was unsure on your ventilation of your grow tent as you need good air flow as well.

Right now it’s about every 2-3 Days. Depending on which plant. 2 are larger and drinking more. I will stick my finger down about one inch and feel it’s still slightly damp but the pot is getting light so I add till about 20% runoff. For ventilation I’m running a The A/C Infinity T6 exhausting through the top side of tent and a passive intake. (Essentially 6” ducting running through a lower port in the tent. And 2 6” internal fans circulating air.

Ok forget what you think you know for a second and read this… coco is passive hydro

1st - coco coir is not the same as soil. Technically speaking coco is soilless and its treated as drain to waste hydro. Coco is inert - it has zero nutrients to sustain a plant same goes for perlite theres nothing in there to make plant grow it’s merely holding roots. You are bottle feeding them so they need cal mag plus nutes at every feeding.

Plain water does nothing to help your plants grow….forget watering it’s called fertigate you fertilize and irrigate meaning they get fed feed water which again is water with cal mag added first then your nutes added and last is ph adjusted to 5.8. This keeps cal mag from dropping out.

in a manner of speaking you can’t overwater coco but if a lockout does occur then it can be flushed. Coco plants can not run the same wet dry cycle like in soil.. Also forget testing runoff - runoff contains fine particles from your grow media that come out in the wash it’s not an accurate number anyway. Worry about the ph right before you feed your girls not what comes out of the bucket later

agree with Nivek above with one consideration…. He said water every day and I believe what he meant was feed every day or even 2X per day when plant is large or in flower some bump up to feed 3X per day.

hopefull Nivek will correct me if I’m out in left field

welcome aboard Rich - nice gear, you did a great write up & well on your way to a successful harvest!
Thank you for the input. Appreciate it. I really only started testing runoff when I was seeing signs of burnt tips early on then kinda freaked when the numbers came back really high. I’m gonna try feeding more often.

Back
Top Bottom