Look this over please

juslikejesus

Well Hi I'm new to this site, but I have some questions to ask before I start growing(Outdoors of course).

It's my first time, and I realllllly don't want to mess up and there's no reason that I should and I'm going to start tomorrow or soon. My friends think they know everything but I'm not taking chances.

This is how things are being done now I've seen different things different places so if you guys could just tell me what you think. THe seeds I have I bought them for "Outdoor" is there really a different between outdoor and indoor.

1. Germinating: Put the seeds in a cup in a warm area until they sprout( approximately 24 hours)

My questions

Is tap water okay?
Does it need to be dark?
Is there a limit to the amount of seeds I can put in a cup?

After that is where I really need help, should I sprout outside? Is it to early in the season yet(East Coast USA)?

Oh and one big question, can I grow the plants outside in pots? is Scotts Potting Soil good to use, any suggestions? What is the method for watering, once every... I haven't really found anything on these questions.

Help me please, besides everyone knows its good karma to help the new comers!

Re: Look this over pleaseee

here abit of reading for you
How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
after you read and learn what you can if you have anymore questions give me a shout would be glad to help

I've been looking through there and I just have little questions like, I just started germinating with moist paper towels. My house has been chilly lately wioth the cold front coming in, if I put a bunch of covers ontop of the plates do you think this will adjust the temp? Seeing as I can't plan on my house being 76-81 degrees.

put your seed in moist paper towel on top of refridge, you should be ok now to plant them outside, i live on east coast also have had plants in ground since the first week of may, i remember on time i had a seed germ by my back porch that was trown off the deck and it germed in april and was about 12" tall and we had a snow storm and it got covered well it grew to about 3' tall and someone stole it but it survived the snow storm. don't think i would grow in pots to hard to keep watered all the time, but if you do use at least 5 gallon pots, scotts soil would be fine and siol that drains well would work and water when the soil drys out the plants will let you know when they need it
hope this helps
check this thread out
Scaredeecat's outdoor grow

Back
Top Bottom