looking for advice on using the SOG method

babyhuey1

I have 2 area's 6'sqr =2'x3', one for veg one for flower, the box is set up with one 80cfm intake, one 80cfm exhaust, flower side 7- 42w 2700 lum, 3- 26w 1500 lum mix of 27k and 65k. veg side T5 florescent. it's been trial and error. get temp controled, timers, plenty of air flow, ect. looking for someone with experience in small grows with SOG.

As I get things running smooth, I'm using bag seed until I feel good with my grow. I did order Big bud from BC, showed up in 6days. I'm finding out the lights do put a little heat but she's running steady at 79/80 degrees.

Hi KingJohnC:
I love the idea of a perpetual garden, I would like to flower 20 plants in my area, all in 1/2 gallon milk cartons, their tall and sqr great to keep things organized. OK this is my thought, 4 rows of 5 makes 20 plants, once I have my mothers and I can start cloning them every 2 weeks, until my garden is in factory mode. the plan is 5 plants every 2 weeks rotate. hopefully 7-10 grams min per plant x 5= 35-50 every 2 weeks, give or take depending on the strain. I'm really close to having my box running smooth, I did run into some heat problems, now she's holding perfect at 80*. my light set up for now is with cfl, not a real fan of these at this point, when my budget allows asap im buying LED from a reputable company. I have a mix of cfls, 42w 27k and 65k, totals watts, comes to 420wcfl = 1350 total watts, lumes per sqr ft = 4100/4200. Thanks for responding KingJohnC, nice to meet you. I will upload some pics for everyone. so you can see my set up. all constructive advice is always welcome on this subject.

Mmm...

When i first started out i used a perpetual grow style but not on a SoG method !

Some things you may have to look at ?

1. Clones take some 2 weeks to root on average.

2. Size of plant influences yield.

3. If you want a slightly bigger yield you may want to veg for a couple of weeks etc.

4. CFL do produce yield but not as great as HPS bulb would... so ya want to look into that, to see of its worth while :thumb:

Blue spectrum CFL 6500k is perfectly fine for veg, i use em all the time !

You might be looking at a 3 tent set up or 2 at best with adjustable lights with CFL...

At the end of day with mother plants...

Ya looking at few weeks of regen growth to provide suitable growth for future clones, so a two week cycle is gonna be hard to achieve in less you have more than one mother plant !

At best ya looking at 4 weeks on average to 6 weeks per batch... ultimately leading to harvest every month with careful timing.

Good morning theenginer: when the funds are available to me I'm buying a grow pro 260X LED for my box, It would work perfect in the area that I have to work with, the reviews and videos of people growing some of the best MJ Ive ever seen. Nice to meet you.

The Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs you want to use are at least 23 watt 1400 lumen bulbs to provide enough usable light. I am please to announce I will soon be featuring a Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x LED panel in a grow journal. Kushington Farms uses the Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x and has excellent harvests. There are several LED light manufacturers who are forum sponsors whose LED panels you might wish to look at.

@Kushington Farms

Finished Plants 100% LED Grown

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

Back
Top Bottom