Looking for advice

wannafly

Hey i was thinking of starting a grow in a 4 x 6 closet. I guess i have 2 questions.

1) how many plants could fit and under? 2) how many and what watt light(s)?

Thanks all

I've been doing 12 plants in a 4x4 space with 1000w but it really depends on how you want to set things up

i know someone who does 99 small plants in 4x8 with 2 1000w lights
someone else does 32 medium plants in 4x8 with 2 1000w
another 6 medium plants in 2x3 with 400w
another person does 16 plants in 4x4 with 1000w
another 12 plants in 5x5 with 2x 600w
etc...

seems like most people go for 1 plant per sq ft, which would give you 24 and 2 600w sounds good...

depends on strain too

Hey i was thinking of starting a grow in a 4 x 6 closet. I guess i have 2 questions.

1) how many plants could fit and under? 2) how many and what watt light(s)?

Thanks all

Just because of costs I would go with one 1000wand you should be able to do about 15 to 16 four foot plants no problem. If moneys no problem the go with the two 600w...either way your going to need lots of ventilation.

i was hoping to get somewhere between 16 to 20. seems some think its possible and others not so much. i know i can do way more then 8 cause it been done in a room half this size mayb eeven less.

p.s. ledtester i think 2 600w is the way to go also. thanks

i was hoping to get somewhere between 16 to 20. seems some think its possible and others not so much. i know i can do way more then 8 cause it been done in a room half this size mayb eeven less.

p.s. ledtester i think 2 600w is the way to go also. thanks

wannafly , you could put 100 in there it really depends on how big you want them so 16 to 20 no problem especially with 2 600w. Now do us proud and pull 2 1/2 p's with those bad boys...lol:goodluck:

Just for your collection of info here.

MJ_146.jpg

The room/closet above is about 4x8 with 6ft ceiling. 6 plants growing under a 400w light. Plant height and light saturation below canopy was "weak". I would agree with the guys above on the importance of ventilation with increased wattage, it's going to get extremely hot! Ceiling height also became a major issue with plant growth, both vertically as well as horizontally.

SF

well the exact dimensions are a little bigger.(odd measurements i know) 4 feet 9 inches wide, 8 1/2 deep with 9 foot ceilings. its a master walk in closet.

well the exact dimensions are a little bigger.(odd measurements i know) 4 feet 9 inches wide, 8 1/2 deep with 9 foot ceilings. its a master walk in closet.

Enough room for 2 1000w my friend. They cost the same as the 600w...you still have to vent and you'll increas yeild by 40%. well you should anyways. at .5gr/w which is good to shoot for starters that's 600grs compared to 1000gr.

The dimmer switch is built into the ballast, I dont think you can just plug in a dimmer, pretty sure that would break your gear.

Back
Top Bottom