Looking for recipes to make edibles, mostly for teas

Sungold61

Can no longer smoke so I have to find a way to make edibles. I wanted to make tea and learned a fat has to be used so now my next project will be making butter. It's just for me to use for tea so I think I will make 1/4oz to 1 stick ratio.

Thank you for such a nice welcome. I made the coconut oil mix last night. I simmered the mix for about an hour and a half. It is ready to be separated from the water this morning. I was just doing research to see if I should save the water. I have heard not but I want to find out for certain before I dump it. I haven't tried the finished solidified oil yet. Would be so nice if it worked.

I made a cup of tea last night with plain coconut oil/cannabis. I let it "simmer" for about a half hour. It tasted good but was not effective. Is it important to grind up cannabis first before immersing into the water/coconut mix? And was a half hour enough to simmer?

Tonight I will try my tea with my new coconut infused oil. I do hope it worked, otherwise I will have wasted a few good sized buds to make green coconut oil. Will keep you posted.

When i make my oils I simmer for at least 6 hrs. Most recipes for making budder and oils call for 5-8 hr simmer time. I also will use a crockpot and turn it on low and let it go over night or while I go to work. Another key is not to over heat. If you have a thermometer I think they key temp is in the 180 degree mark. Much hotter and you will burn the thc

And forgot to say this. Coconut oil has been my favorite thing to use. Although anything with fat will work. You could even use milk. I have seen recipes for a cup of milk with fan leaves boiled in it. Knocks your ass out for the night.

Hope this all helps. Enjoy!!

Thank you for the tips, that is why I joined this forum. I am new to the edibles. I do hope I did the coconut oil correctly last night, because so far, not much luck. I will be trying it this evening in some tea. Was planning on putting about a tbs or less in about a cup and a half of chai tea.

Back
Top Bottom