Looking to buy a HPS

"There's your sign" lol love that guy!

I think the bottom line should be quality and customer service. Why buy the cheapest?

If I'm investing 3 months of my time, along with the money it costs to run everything for that 3 months, I surely want the best, most efficient product out there.
Well being Quantum is a well known company and gets great reviews,,,and having never heard of the other company except on here,,,and even here there's been no actual long term usage from what Ive seen.........I have no idea where your trying to go with what you just wrote in your last paragraph.

Did you receive a free ballast or something? Is this why your standing so firm behind a company who hasnt proven themselves (at least to me). Them giving away free ballasts is a great way to get their name out there and to give people a chance to review their products. Its called marketing. Marketing is not reliability, which is yet to be determined.

I bought what I bought for a ballast based on price and reviews. By the way, buying the cheapest product does not mean you bought junk. BPN is one of the cheaper products,,,and look at the results it gives, proof is in the journals.

So do you think we can drop this puffpuff lynching :) .

I never bashed any of the sponsors, just felt their choices werent right for me.

Can you dig it!

Ummm I did look, when I purchased my ballast in December,,,,,,,as far as I can remember these guys werent a sponsor. I just checked their join date and it was 1/2012.

PS Free giveaways doesnt sway my decision to buy from a sponsor. Support does, known quality from reviews and pricing does, maybe you missed that in my post where I praised and purchased Nutes from Corey.

I didn't miss the BPN plug. Yes they are great. I also use their products thanks to them joining the prize pool for monthly contests.

I understand they (JD lighting) weren't sponsors when you made your purchase, but now they are sponsors. I posted that link to show folks reading this thread that there ARE good deals from our sponsors. Contrary to your post.

I think you missed my point, by reading your PS.

Well being Quantum is a well known company and gets great reviews,,,and having never heard of the other company except on here,,,and even here there's been no actual long term usage from what Ive seen.........I have no idea where your trying to go with what you just wrote in your last paragraph.

Did you receive a free ballast or something? Is this why your standing so firm behind a company who hasnt proven themselves (at least to me). Them giving away free ballasts is a great way to get their name out there and to give people a chance to review their products. Its called marketing. Marketing is not reliability, which is yet to be determined.

I bought what I bought for a ballast based on price and reviews. By the way, buying the cheapest product does not mean you bought junk. BPN is one of the cheaper products,,,and look at the results it gives, proof is in the journals.

So do you think we can drop this puffpuff lynching :) .

I never bashed any of the sponsors, just felt their choices werent right for me.

Can you dig it!

That paragraph was not aimed at you, more to the DIY lets save a bunch of money thing. Quantum has nothing but great reviews and are one of the best.

I run a Lumitek digital ballast because it's one of the best out there. I paid full price for it.

Again you're missing the point. WE NEED SPONSORS! Don't be afraid to support them! That's all I'm trying to say here, not bashing anyone, including you. :peace: I just don't want folks getting detoured away from our sponsors because of semi false posts.

Back
Top Bottom