Looking to buy a HPS

rx7cer

Hi i am looking to buy an HPS kit from an online store that ships to canada. I searched the 420mag vendors page but I am looking for more options. Does anyone know of any?

Reflectors/ballast/bulbs?
1000W/600w/400w/250W?

I did my research already for my project just waiting on the parts now, so give us more info to save you the work.

Please try our sponsors first.
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

Why support ebay, when you can support our sponsors who make it possible for you to be here for learning and sharing. :thumb:

Please help support our industry, not another corporate industry altogether. :thanks:

Plus cops use ebay 420 times more often to set people up, than they do starting an entire business. ;)
:Namaste:

I recommend you to go with access hydroponics, they have pretty decent prices and they are a site sponsor.
As for ebay, they ain't so bad either, just be careful who you buy from for after sales/customer services

been there $$$

Yeah, I feel you on that. Nothing against the wonderful sponsors here but I had looked at them too before I made my choice. Maybe it's just me but they seem a bit pricey. If I could grow a money tree then I would have no problem buying from them...Not for people on a budget.

I would try to stick with a sponsor from the site than go with an auction site. You never know what you're getting or who you're buying from if you go to an auction site. All of the sponsors have been vetted and you will always have a much better customer service experience (questions, returns, repairs etc...) by going through a reputable company.

Yeah, I feel you on that. Nothing against the wonderful sponsors here but I had looked at them too before I made my choice. Maybe it's just me but they seem a bit pricey. If I could grow a money tree then I would have no problem buying from them...Not for people on a budget.
I agree.

I also tried to look at the sponsors before any of my purchases for lights or tents. This is what I found. Some no name lights that look just like the ipower lights on amazon but for double the price. Good name reflectors and ballasts for a third more then amazon prices. I did purchase BPN nutes from one of the sponsors because of all the great journals on the site and the fact it was a good deal for what you get. Another reason I went with BPN was because of Coreys involvement in the threads.

Ended up buying a quantum 600w ballast and a super sun 2 for 280, price included shipping from amazon.

I agree.

I also tried to look at the sponsors before any of my purchases for lights or tents. This is what I found. Some no name lights that look just like the ipower lights on amazon but for double the price. Good name reflectors and ballasts for a third more then amazon prices. I did purchase BPN nutes from one of the sponsors because of all the great journals on the site and the fact it was a good deal for what you get. Another reason I went with BPN was because of Coreys involvement in the threads.

Ended up buying a quantum 600w ballast and a super sun 2 for 280, price included shipping from amazon.

600W Digital Ballast $149.99 Shipped! 2 x 600W Digital Ballast $279.98 Shipped!

6" Hydroponic Indoor Grow Light Air Cool Reflector Hood - Access Hydroponic

All you have to do is look. Please don't knock the sponsors here at :420:

They are the only reason I can type this right now. What about all the giveaways they do? What about the prizes for all the monthly, and yearly contests? What about all the FREE information you get from this site?

Sometimes it's worth paying a couple extra dollars for great customer support, and piece of mind with a large purchase.

i own 3 quantum ballasts and im now the proud owner of a J-D LIGHTING ballast one of our great sponsors here on this site. which is the same ballast mentioned above by "yard dog35". and i can tell you the ballast from our sponsor J-D LIGHTING is made a whole lot more solid then the quantums that i own,there is nothing cheap or over priced about this companies ballasts. i called and emailed quantum to try and get a 220v. power cord for 2 of my ballasts that was about 3mo. ago im still waiting on them to respond. with our sponsors here you get questions answers almost right away. for me you cant put a price on that. plus there cheaper priced then the quantums.

go to 1000bulbs(.com)
they have a 400 watt hps ballast kit for roughly 70 and the bulb for 9.
or you could go with the 1000 watt ballast kit for around 120 and the bulb for 22 bucks.

keep in mind you have to put together the kit and buy a light fixture(cheap)

I'm a do it yourself kind of guy so i'm all for building my own things for about a third of the normal product price or less.

You can buy a cap valuline 1000w switchable ballast I've found the lowest price was 109.99 with 22$ shipping or 139.99 with free shipping and you get a 5 year warranty and don't have to worry about assembling it or accidentally burning your house down because you thought it was cheaper to DIY...dont get me wrong I love DIY but when I can get something already assembled with warranty for the same price basically I wouldn't diy

You can buy a cap valuline 1000w switchable ballast I've found the lowest price was 109.99 with 22$ shipping or 139.99 with free shipping and you get a 5 year warranty and don't have to worry about assembling it or accidentally burning your house down because you thought it was cheaper to DIY...dont get me wrong I love DIY but when I can get something already assembled with warranty for the same price basically I wouldn't diy

Lol, unless you're retarded or blind you won't burn your house down, if it wasn't wired properly the light simply wouldn't work.

Not 100% true you could have a faulty ground that's connecting just enough to make it work but will overheat it drastically after a while...and you would be surprised at how many people are challenged menatally... Plus you would have to be a retard to get a DIY kit for the same price as one with a warranty already assembled in the first place... So there's your sign

Ummm I did look, when I purchased my ballast in December,,,,,,,as far as I can remember these guys werent a sponsor. I just checked their join date and it was 1/2012.

PS Free giveaways doesnt sway my decision to buy from a sponsor. Support does, known quality from reviews and pricing does, maybe you missed that in my post where I praised and purchased Nutes from Corey.

600W Digital Ballast $149.99 Shipped! 2 x 600W Digital Ballast $279.98 Shipped!

6" Hydroponic Indoor Grow Light Air Cool Reflector Hood - Access Hydroponic

All you have to do is look. Please don't knock the sponsors here at :420:

They are the only reason I can type this right now. What about all the giveaways they do? What about the prizes for all the monthly, and yearly contests? What about all the FREE information you get from this site?

Sometimes it's worth paying a couple extra dollars for great customer support, and piece of mind with a large purchase.

Not 100% true you could have a faulty ground that's connecting just enough to make it work but will overheat it drastically after a while...and you would be surprised at how many people are challenged menatally... Plus you would have to be a retard to get a DIY kit for the same price as one with a warranty already assembled in the first place... So there's your sign

Lol, sounds like someone is getting a little butt hurt,:rofl: if you cant handle the heat, stay outta the kitchen. Have you ever wondered who assembled your product that came assembled already? So your statement about the faulty ground could happen in any light product.:thanks:

That's why I would rather have a product that 1 came with a warranty and 2 was assembled in a facility with trained employees... Take an average person and ask them "would you happen to know how to assemble a 1000w switchable ballast for a grow light?" and no my butt is not hurt and your so called heat I could care less about but misinformation is a big problem and your leading people to believe that anyone can assemble a ballast because if you get it wrong it "just won't work" and you're putting peoples health and homes at risk.... Never try to assemble anything electrical if you can buy it pre assembled for the same price and with a warranty so if it does malfunction and your house becomes toast your not up the creek without a paddle...

Why do you think there are things called "electrical fires"? Obviously somebody got something wrong and your theory of "it just won't work" was obviously proved false...

"There's your sign" lol love that guy!

I think the bottom line should be quality and customer service. Why buy the cheapest?

If I'm investing 3 months of my time, along with the money it costs to run everything for that 3 months, I surely want the best, most efficient product out there.

Back
Top Bottom