4 plants
FF Ocean Forest
5 gallon pots
432w t-5
12.5 sq/ft
water/fert ph - 6.5
72 - 78 f
+/- 40% humidity

The four plants are 25 days old. They were germinated in the five gallon pots. Based on the physical maturity level, the apparent problem has progressed in the most developed one and each other one thereafter. During the first two weeks the plants were given ph'd, room temp, tap water (tap properties unknown). The most physically mature plant showed larger rust spots on the eldest fan leaves. Shortly thereafter the plants were fed with FF Big Bloom and Grow Big at half strength. During week three (last night) the other lesser matured plants are showing small necrosis, similar in appearance to that of a calcium deficiency.

photo_4227.JPG
photo_5153.JPG
photo_3282.JPG
photo_2350.JPG
photo_1406.JPG

yes - I am thinking this is one of two likely candidates. My question though is would a 25 day old plant have this problem when growing in a controlled medium such as Ocean Forest?
Looks like a cal/mag def to me. Do something soon, it spreads fast.

Maybe all the cal/mag got used up + different strains have different needs.
If your tap water comes from the city/county it prob has chlorine in it which is not good.
use rainwater or bubble your tapwater in an open container first.

I am definitely on-board with a calcium deficiency; however, I am skeptical that a plant would show deficiency two weeks into growing in five gallons of said medium.
Maybe all the cal/mag got used up + different strains have different needs.

I am definitely on-board with a calcium deficiency; however, I am skeptical that a plant would show deficiency two weeks into growing in five gallons of said medium.

I grow with FF soils and nutes.....I do have a Blue cheese strain that does exactly what yours are doing every grow...she is just a very heavy feeder.

I'd suggest to get some Cal-mag and apply at 1/2tsp per gallon with each watering......The damage you have will not be fixed on the affected leafs but the rest of the plant should recover...You can use the cal-mag upto last 3 weeks of flower if needed.

Please try this! Flush one pot with UN phed water. Probably 5 gallons or so, for the 9x9 square pots. Feed with 500 ppm of grow nutes, Do not ph! This is the key.let them dry, not wilt but dont overwater . It will take a week probably before you feed again. Something about the pH up or down messes up foxfarm soils. Your plants will explode! Your roots will be crawling across your table, branches breaking!!!! Do not pH at all, you will notice a even bigger difference in fresh soil with no pH adjustments from the get go. Keep in mind once your roots heal and udjust back from near death they will eat alot. I start in flower at 1000 ppm and they eat every bit of it. Please, I know it goes against everything we think we know but just try one! Spread the word if it works.

Back
Top Bottom