Losing Stickyness/Crystals

Jimbero

Hi everyone, I am a new grower and just harvested my first couple of plants. I was pretty impressed with the smell and stickiness when I was trimming and getting ready to hang them. However, now that they have been jarred and curing for about a month the alot of the stickiness is gone. Smell is still there, but it seems like the effects are short.

I hung them in a large wardrobe box for about 4 days, I just waited until the buds got pretty dry to the touch. I then moved to large mason jars and burped daily. The humidity in my jars is around 60-70%. Anyone have any ideas on how I can keep my buds nice and sticky? They seem to be lacking in crystals as well.

looking forward for some answers about this thread

I think the best you could do is cut off a day of the dry time before curing. You could also look into growing strains that are notorious for their high resin production if you really like the sticky :) hope you find what you are looking for buddy!!

Thanks for the answers guys. I was worried about rot at first but haven't ran into any troubles yet.

When do you guys think the best time to trim is? I trimmed one plant before hanging and one after. The one after hanging took forever and was much more difficult to get a close trim but I read somewhere cutting after hanging helps give more crystals. The one I cut I hung was simple but dried super fast.

It isnt that I am worried about them being super sticky, but the effects really arent there and the tricome and crystals are lacking

I think whatever happens at the very end of the plants life isn't going to affect the resin content much, if at all. The plant took a long time to produce it's thc through photosynthesis. Its not possible to make it increase or decrease much in a day, especially not by just hanging it upside down. It's related to the strain, the plants health and growing conditions, and time of harvest. It's much easier to trim them before hanging -the little leaves are much perkier, and easier to manage, as opposed to wilted and sticky and hard to cut with scissors. :thumb:

I usually trim off fan leaves and do a rough trim on the other leaves before hanging them(I have found that if you trim them completely and hang them then they get really dry) then I hang them and before I put them into the jars I do a final trim.

Back
Top Bottom