Low amount of sunlight

Wondertake

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on 420 Magazine and I just want to introduce myself and say thanks in advance.

Okay, so here's the deal. My first grow is underway and I realized that I really have no good place to do it. I definitely can't do it indoors so I am growing in my backyard which is it's own little jungle. The problem is, any place where there is a good amount of sunlight is too visible, so my plants are getting very little. I planted a bunch and almost all of them sprouted; a few got eaten by some woodland creatures (I assume), and a couple got hit by falling branches.

Anyway, I have three plants left that are getting maybe two or three hours of direct sunlight. They all seem to be healthy, minus a few leaf discolorations on two of them. They all have about five nodes but are growing extremely slowly compared to my friend's. He planted at the same time that I did (early May). My plants are about four inches high and his are about a foot.

Do you guys think they will live and continue to grow slowly? Or will they eventually just die off unless I can find a suitable place for them?

Thanks again,
Wondertake

Re: Low amount of sunlight.

:welcome:Yield will be extremely low, expect 3/4 less then in full sun. You might want to dig them up and pot them. That way you can move them around and still "hide" the girls. Another option would be to have a greenhouse and white wash the plastic or glass. I know of a guy that had plants in a trailer and just moved them around with the sun! Now that's dedication.;)

Re: Low amount of sunlight.

Hey, welcome to 420, you will find it is one of the best forums period. What whitehouse said makes sense. I suspect a burn causing the discoloration due to not enough sun for the plant to eat what it needs, but then again I'm not sure about your setup. Just from your description I am thinking a fence would do some good, it will keep out the woodland creatures and keep out of sight. You could also plant some bushes or something. Sorry if this isn't relevant due to your Jungle;) Keep us updated and perhaps start a grow journal, you will be surprised by the knowledgable people that will stumble upon your thread with some great ideas. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom