Lowryder #2 1/4/09

one plant and in sanday i start the ripen for 10 last day fastr grow.
i dont now how much weed but verey nice fat and juicy buds and its still heve the ripen hmmmmmmmmm i am whithng to the and and then i will know......
and i am working with GHE allmost 3 years and i am verey satisfied from them ,i guess samthing between 100-150g but not sure

quantuman,
Your an experienced grower. Do you need to top off your reservoir between tank changes? If you do, do you top it off with plain water or water with nutrients?

I have an ebb & flow hydro system. It has a 5 gallon (18.9 liters) holding tank I change every 7 days. I need to add water (top-off) to the tank after about 4 days due to evaporation and what the plants suck up. I read that between tank changes only water should be added. Maybe your system works differently than my ebb & flow?

My system has a 5 gallon tank that has 2 levels. The top level contains the plants in rock-wool cubes.
The bottom level is where the nutrient solution is stored. Once a day for 15 minutes the top level is flooded with nutrient solution. The nutrients not absorbed by the plants is returned to the bottom level through a drain and reused for the next day's cycle.
(for example watch YouTube link - YouTube - Ebb and flow grow system)

L2H,

just top off with plain water in between resevoir changes,
empty and refill your res every week or every other week and add fresh nutes then.

the reason you want to do this is because as your plants drink up the water, the drinl more water than they do nutes, and your res will slowly get more and more concentrated with the old nutes. when you top it off with fresh water, it evens out the ppm again. certain salts are left in the res that your plants dont really want, thats why you need to get fresh nutes every week or so.

Wheel,
Thanks for the info. I wasn't doing that when I first started the plants. I was adding full strength nutrients when I topped off my tank. I was changing the tank weekly but also topping off the tank 1 a week.
This is my 3rd grow and each time I get something wrong. Rock-wool is unforgiving and algae seems to thrive on it.

quantuman,
Sorry about getting off-track in your grow journal. I probably should post questions related to my grow in some other forum.
I am following your journal almost daily. Your doing great job on this grow.
When did you start your seeds for this grow? Was it early April?

L2H,

this isn't meant to be rude or short or anything, so dont take it that way,

but this is a grow journal, so it probably started at the beginning. lol.
your question can easily be answered by going to the first page.
i would suggest if you like a journal, take the time to read the whole thing and get up to speed.

I know some journals top 40 pages, and would take a while to read, but you'll prob learn something new from every journal on this site, and they would be a bit shorter and less repetitive if you don't have to answer questions that can be found simply by reading the whole thing (or for your question simply the first page).

not trying to be mean or anything, just giving my advice on how to not ask questions you could get a quick answer to on your own.

gl.
WOF.

WOF,
Thanks for the reply. I did in fact read the entire journal from the first page when I joined 420 a few weeks ago. Your right about figuring out the start date from the title which states 1/4/09, but where I come from that means January 4, 2009. Now I realize Europeans use a dd/mm/yy format where as in the U.S. we use mm/dd/yy. I am growing the same hybrid as quantuman. I have a plant that is still less than 5 inches in height after 9 weeks (the 4 other plants I started at the same time were over 3 feet tall. I was just looking for conformation on the start date because of similar problems I’m having with height and lengthy grow times. Correct me if I'm wrong but all my other posts have been directly related to the journal. I'll see if I can find the rules on posting to grow journals and follow them to the best of my understanding.
Quantuman, I once again apologize for posting unrelated information to your journal. I tried to send this post directly to WOF but the system will not allow me to send it directly because I have not posted more than 25 message since joining.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! :thanks:

L2H,

you didnt violate any posting rules, and yes the title could be misleading in that way, what i meant was if you just click on the first page the first post is dated and time stamped.

so far all of your posts were relavent and helpful! keep it up! I was just trying to save you time instead of waiting for a response to the start date, you can just look it up. not a big deal, just offering advice.

now back to the mutant, non-auto LR#2 journal. nice journal btw.

8 days to flushing new pic from today
SV40000151.JPG

SV40000234.JPG

SV40000320.JPG

Back
Top Bottom