Lowryder #2 - Balcony grow - Natural Light cicle - Plz Help

Yeah just upload the pics to the forum here.

Natural light is great for plants, but Cannabis likes direct sunlight, so if the plant wasn't getting a ton of direct sunlight, that could be a cause. Just being outside doesn't matter, it needs the direct sunlight.

CFLs will never outperform direct sunlight, that statement alone makes me think the plant wasn't seeing direct sunlight.

Can you fill this out so we have all the grow info in one place? That'll make it easier to help you figure out what you're doing right, and what the problem might be:
REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

Poor soil can be a factor, yes. Fill out the info above so we know everything that's going on right now.

Thanks for the compliment! It's my second grow.. and it's the first time I've been really proud of my work. The LST I did was actually pretty easy. I did a FIM (Topping is easier though!), and then just tons of aggressive LST. But lets get to that later. First we have to figure out why things are growing slowly.

LST can help in flower, but is most effective when you start early in Veg so you can really shape the plant. But if you used LST now on a flowering plant, do it gently, and your goal should be to spread the branches wider to get as much light in as possible. It should help increase your bud size. I'm hoping to see more yield on this grow. Last grow was 8.55 grams one plant, and 9.07 grams another plant. I want to see 14 grams or more from each plant this grow.

When you use molasses, ONLY put it in the soil. It can attract fungus gnats though, so be careful. You should never spray water, nutes, or anything else on your buds. Once I start flowering, I don't spray anything on my plants. Everything goes in the soil. You can get mold or budrot if moisture gets on the buds.

What Strain is it? Nirvana Short Rider
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Don´t know the %
How Many Plants? 01 Flowering (5th week) and 2 Vegging (30 days)
Indoor or Outdoor? Started outdoor than switched to indoor the Flowering one and the other two have been on indoor since birth.
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Can´t define exactly, it´s a mix of organic turf, sand and manure (cow crap).
If Soil... What Size Pot? 1/2 galon for the one flowering and 1/5 galon for the other two in veg stage.
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 200 Watt total – 1X 150W 5.500k and 2x 25W 2.400k
Is it Air Cooled? Yes, small desk fan on
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? About 68F - 77F
RH of Room/Cabinet? ?
PH of Medium or Reservoir? ?
Any Pests? No, used neem oil to get bugs off my babies
How Often are you Watering? About once every 2 days, but just a little water spray on soil
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? So far I used a little 10-10-10 now on flowering, just hoping it will help my buds on the big one. The two little girls I´m using 4-14-8 once a week, and just got Superthrive today (thinking about using once a week too)
Size or Square Footage of Room? 2,26 sq feet
I´m uploading the pics. I had a Long Neck Beer Bottle so you can get the idea of how big (small) they are. Pics are not the greatest, bad phone, but I guess it´s enough to show the progress.

Thanks again!

foto25.JPG
foto_2_4.JPG
foto_1_8.JPG
foto_4_3.JPG
foto_3_4.JPG

Perfect, thanks for taking the time to do that. It gives us a a complete view of your grow, and I can already see a few things that might need attention.

These are the issues you need to work on iimmediately:

PH. You will need a meter to test your PH. You should test soil PH, water PH, water/nutes PH, and runoff PH/ I test runoff once each grow when I flush going into flower, soil PH is tested before watering/feeding, and water/nute PH is tested before watering/feeding. Knowing the PH is important so you know how to make adjustments to your water/nutes to maintain 6.2-6.8 soil PH.
Without a PH reading it's impossible to tell if you have nute deficiencies, or PH lockout problems.

Watering schedule. Most growers see strong growth when watering in an ebb/flow manner. They water once, and allow the top of the soil to become totally dry. Then waiting a few more days so the soil inside the pot becomes dry (but should still have a little moisture, very very little). Then they water until a tiny amount of water starts coming out the drainage holes in the bottom, then they stop until it gets dry again. I use this watering method myself.

This to look at changing in the future:

Larger pots when the plants get bigger. A good guide is to use 1 gallon pot for every 30cm the plant is expected to grow. If the plant grows up to 90cm, use 3 gallon pot. If you train the plant to grow short, still follow this guideline by using the breeders maximum height listing for the plant. 5 gallon pots will work for almost every indoor plant.

Lights. There's a lot of opinion when it comes to how many CFLs to use. Some people suggest 35w per square foot of grow space. Some suggest 80w per plant. Both of these methods of measuring how much light you use are really correct, and should be considered. If you choose to use 80w per plant in a huge grow space, like 50 square meters, your lights won't be as effective. So both should be taken into consideration.
I like to use at least 100w per plant in Veg, and 150w per plant in Flower. And I do this for 2 reasons, 1: it's faster to calculate the needed wattage in your head, 2: it's a higher minimum than I've seen suggested elsewhere. CFL grows can use all the light they can get.

Sand. It doesn't help much in a soil mixture for Cannabis. High sand, and high clay soils should be avoided as much as possible. When you transplant, I would look for a soil with low, or 0 sand/clay content.
Use a little perlite mixed into the soil in the larger pots.

Back
Top Bottom