Lusi's 1st Indoor Grow Journal - In My New GL80L Tent

Re: Lusi's 1st Indoor Grow Journal, In my NEW GL80L Tent

Hey RP!

One novel deserves another! TY for you replies and great tips!!!

(RP)Hard to say. Might be a super old pack of seeds? Might be something else going on. I don't know?

(ME) Yeah, I fear all $200 worth of seeds might be bad. I hope not as some sound pretty cool. I hate confrontation. :-( Hate being taking advantage of too... I hope the rest sprout!

(RP)Some leaves will remain with the nute burn look. You'll want to focus on the new growth, make sure that is coming in nice and green. Then make sure any leaves with any discoloration don't get worse. Sometimes the damage is done, and they wont repair 100%.

(ME) The new leaves look OK. I'll just remove the older ones. That plant is too bushy!! Too bad I have to flip her soon. She'd do great with a summer to grow!

(RP)That's crazy to hear! I had some misc plants left out in my garden... they were pretty nasty by the time I got out there over vacation. But, moving everything around, one little pepper plant was lush and green and still going. I guess some plants are just resilient? lol I don't know.

(ME) All of my potted plants are thriving now. There's 3 pepper plants left that never gave me peppers. I should take a look. LOL! After harvest, did you leave the stems and roots in place until spring? WOnder if they'd reveg. Did you do anything to Prepare for winter?

Here's a pic of the thriving boys, the mutant one leafed purple stemmed dad on left and healthy male practice clone on the right.:
The_Boyz_outside.jpg

(RP)50* is probably about when cannabis starts really slowing down in growth, but I don't think it would stop it.

(ME) I've had enough WS. I'll toss her out tomorrow so she might acclimate or not. Might have fun with the boys, or be sterile. I hope the one last White Skunk Fem Seed makes it to harvest! Here's WS, now with fried leaf tips, my fault. What happens of she revegges?

WS_giving_up_9Jan.jpg

See! What a resilient plant! Would be cool if that clone lives.

(ME) She didn't make it. Was a cranky white skunk any way.

I have probably a 90% success rate or more taking clones and sticking them in dirt. I use soil-less medium.

(ME) Which one? I'm considering the switch to soil-less. Seems hard to find it not with added ferts.

(RP)I take my cutting, clean it up, stick it in the dirt. I then water it in with some plain water and a bit of House and Garden Roots Excelerator. The first week or so I make sure to mist them with some plain water. No domes, no special hormones, just plain ole water and dirt. Just took 2 OG, 2 Chocolope, and 2 a-train with 100% success. I used to be real timid and unsure of cloning. This has made it easy.

(ME) OK, I'll give it a try as soon as I rearrange the tent. The house hunt started today... not much time. It sounds like taking a few clones is not much different than pruning to the plant. How do you like Chocalope? I had it in Hamsterdam, but it was wrong for my needs. These two tweens are so bushy, I might have extra. :-D

My Recipe for Success nute kit seems to have all the bells and whistles to sample. Most of these seem pointless... What makes me ill is that the "Sugar Daddy" nute fell over and broke. I only have a tiny bit saved. There's no way I'm spending $25 on a med size to try. I can see the benefit of Molasses or cane sugar before harvest, but why for the entire grow? I can get a jug of this for $5 in the garden store. Is the molasses worth getting or is the Sugar Daddy so amazing I just have ta have it from seedling to harvest? Man, what happened to dumping a load of cow manure on the garden, tilling it in, the growing next season. That's it.

(RP)Hmm... I used the smart pots outside a little this last year. I also didn't like them, but because my soil would dry out too quickly! On hot days, I had to water 2-3 times a day or the girl would fall over limp. Was crazy drainage.

(ME) This is what I expected the smart pots to do... Mine stayed wet and still do! I have the male cone in my 1/2 gallon size. It's pretty sliced up and will get tossed.

What soil are you using? Are you compacting it in the pot? You want light and fluffy for good oxygen, good drainage, and easy root penetration.

(ME) I've been getting anything I could find with no additives, then stirring in builder's sand and perlite. It's more compact than I wanted this last time. The sand was for drainage since the pots were holding water. I have a bag of hydroton now to put in the bottom of each pot. I'm all ready to try soil free ASAP! The Pro Mix and Sunshine #5 plus some happy Frog Soil and other stuff are at a local store. Is it worth the price for no soil?! Which mix has no nutes added?

(RP)Do you have any sticky traps? I use those all over my indoor grow. I also use Hot Shot No Pest Strips. This can be debated. Some worry about the chemicals used. I feel they are far less dangerous then breathing outside air. My patients know I use this and they are ok, but I would suggest reading into it more, and making your own decision.

(ME) I have 2 in each plant area. Those Bayer 2 in 1 pills are keeping ornamental plants fed and bug free. Is it possible to use this just for two months then stop and flush before flowering? These things work. I had them in the EU. Systemic bug killers sure are nice. Do the blue sticky traps really catch Thrips? Just got one.

(RP)Cookouts? That's great! Nothing wrong with networking.

(ME) Too bad the relaxing friendly places where in Tahoe. LOL!

(RP)I also like the idea of meeting MMJ users in my community. I like to go to our local farmers market (MMJ section) to meet with some new people.

(ME) The farmer's markets each week have grow guys hanging out???! Wow! I liv3e in the wrong place!

(RP)Most dispensaries do not let you near the place without a card... too many BS raids done by cops who pretend to "lost their card" get in, then bust the place for selling pot to an unlicensed patient. Bullet proofing is simply for their protection, and the safety of their patients. These places sadly, do get robbed.

(ME) This is sad to hear. I can understand the locked doors, sounds like the ones with no window are insane! What an easy target these make. :-( I'd hope they have an emergency button too. A nicer target than the 7-11 by far! I hope this lets up over the years.

(RP)And you cannot judge a fellow mans health based off his outer appearance. Everyone who uses cannabis, medicates, whether they admit it or not. Nothing wrong with recreational either. It's just sad some have to jump through hoops, and fake an illness, just to be afforded a tiny bit of extra protection.

(ME) This is true, book by its cover... As a newbie to CA and this, I can easily see why others are suspicious and believe it all a scam. Most of those college age kids have anxiety, stress, headaches and more... it looks bad , real bad to outsiders. It's too easy to go to your doc and say you have splitting migraines and document this for a few months. Who can prove you are sick? It's the same for those wanting pain killers.

I also get frustrated by people wanting to hide their MMJ use, but they then dress all grungy and get the stoner look (not sure why and how), then get upset when people treat them like stoners. How do you stay safe anywhere in the world? You blend in with the locals and make an effort not to stand out! People are shallow, even if only in the mind. I get frequently told I don't look sick. I do everything I can no to look as horrid as I feel... I even get this from doctors.
"You sure don't look sick" response: "Well, you sure don't look stupid!"
Before I stopped driving, I encountered a group of men around my truck. I heard "No handicapped person drives a truck." I wheel up and ask just what sort of car a handicapped person is supposed to drive? They scattered before I could get an apology. :-D BTW, I got tons of tickets for parking the truck in the handicapped spot. Few cops were tall enough to see the placard in the window, or didn't look for it. Never had to pay, but still!

(RP) Think of seeds as children. When two parents have two kids, generally they are not the same in terms of looks (or phenotype). Even twins can have totally separate phenotypes. Identical twins are rare, but they do happen. Some brothers or sisters look a lot alike, others look nothing alike. Same goes for seeds. No two seeds are exactly alike. This is why you guy 10 seeds in a Breeder pack. They hope out of those 10, a couple will have the phenotype they advertise. Slight genetic difference from seed to seed have the possibility of slightly changing the outcome. Maybe it's not always noticeable, and sometimes it definitely is.

(ME) Good logic!

(RP)On top of that, you have different styles of grows, different growers, different nutes, etc. The strain name is simply a guide. Lets you kinda get an idea of what you like.

(ME) That will take time to find the right place, person, bud, then grower!

(RP)And to go even farther, the same strain, the same nug, can have different effects on the same smoker depending time of day, what you ate, your mood, etc. If you notice... smoking your favorite strain feels slightly different first thing in the am, vs right after lunch vs. night time. And one bud that gets your buddy super high, might not have the same kick for you.

Really is an amazing plant.

(ME) I never thought of all of that! I used to keep notes and pain journals, but only at night. I should try this every night with dinner. Bring out the Vapor Genie and rig it to a water bottle so I can stand the thick vapors. Since I'm always home, I can do this more easily than most. I have been sticking to Indicas only at night, gave up on searching for a day med at the same time.

(ME) Is MJ most effective to prevent pain or to stop it? This info will help!

I have stopped taking Severedol (Morphine Sulfate 20-4-mg every 4 hours as needed) almost a year ago when it stopped working. They moved to Hydromorphone, dilauded 8mg 4x day as needed for breakthrough pain. The fentanyl patches are the life saver and make living possible. It's the break through medication I would like to replace first, after daily pain is at levels I can function with, below 5.
Today, I was at the Realtor's office for the buying lecture, hours of it. My migraine kicked in, then was joined my a tension HA, neck joint pain, and burning shoulders. I found an old 20mg morphine tab in my wallet and took it. The year off reset my tolerance and I was washed over in pain and burning. My reaction to any IV or injection narcotic, morphine and higher, is I feel it move through my body like liquid fire. It creates agonizing pain for a few minutes. The IV leaves me screaming and immediately retching it they don't give promethezine before the Dilauded. After the burning lets up the pain does too. This time I couldn't stay awake!! 2 hours later, the pain returned, worse. I fished out one of the $20 MJ capsules from my pocket and tried it out. An hour later, the pain caused by the morphine and before it was gone. I was more alert and able to stay awake to get home and sleep. To me, this was a valuable lesson!!!!! If I can make honey oil in capsule form, i really might be able to control the breakthrough pain and pull it off if only a few caps a week. Great! I gotta find the darn pure butane.

I never knew that feeling that burning fire going through your veins with narcotics was only my reaction. Others actually like taking a narcotic. I've wondered why for years... will never know what they get from it.

(RP) You are doing it perfectly! No worries. I also would isolate those new clones. Let them grow a little. See if there are any signs of molds, mildews, etc.

(ME) Yeah!!! Gotta dip the GDPs tonight and work on that tent!

(RP)Ouch! Landlord doesn't know/approve I assume? Maybe now would be a great time to start the conversation. Some landlords don't mind or are understanding. They just want to be assured you wont burn down the house. Others are fearful of the law... can't help their. Maybe explain to her why you need medical cannabis. Could have a couple different articles ready (not in hand, but somewhere handy if they want more info). Sometimes reading a review from a licensed m.d. has more impact then the patient explaining.

(ME)I would eat my shoes before speaking to the insane woman on the phone again. The lawyer says to email and write so all of her BS gets documented. She write a lot of brainless things in her emails. The MJ plant might also be ab easy out. Our lease is thankfully be up in March. We know she has never given a security deposit back to any tenant, and must prepare for this. I'm thinking it would be easy to make my plants obvious to the neighbors with grand kids. They'd call her and we'd get booted. We want to get out! LOL Luckily this was a friend of the landlord that came by. The actual idiot herself has to cough up a plane ticket from MT to pay a visit. She will. All she care about is money... we're paying almost double the surrounding houses! I was going to take her to court for what she has cost us, but looking for a house is proving a full time job. I wonder how many folks on this site are renters vs owners?

(RP)Explain it's a medical necessity, and that this place wont allow you the proper space? And you need out. Landlord might be happy to let you out of the lease.

(ME) She is already wanting more money for the rent since her hired help never stays, never get paid. We have to get out of here, and will. Whatever it is that feels wrong here is felt my most people who come over. One massage therapist came by and asked me if my house was haunted. The next day, 2 more people said similar comments. Ironically the day before all of this, I had started repacking boxes instead of unpacking. Instinct. The cats are stressed, loosing hair, acting bizarre.Besides that, the rent is much higher than a mortgage would be for a house twice this size.

Yes, this is another easy out, but I don't think we'll need it. This place stood vacant fro several months as no one would rent it for the price. No one will live here after we leave when I turn in those emails full of threats and false promises. I can also call the VA to come over and make this house ADA wheelchair access and everything. She knows I'm disabled, but will throw a fit! One blurb of that in an email, we can leave. I have many other ideas and could gather everyone on the fence line to put a lien on her house. She is mot well loved in this area.

It's only a few more months. Unless I can get more creative, we'll lose a few grand when we leave here. I've collected a pile of info on past tenants and other people she has screwed. It's the nice people that she gets, the honest fellows that feel sorry for a little old sad lady on the phone. (why she tells a tale or two!) She's pro,A con artist of top levels. All the neighbors told us to get out of there, they brought cookies and told us how the next year would go. They were on the money. (sigh) To buy a house just to escape... Well I want more than an acre. Gotta have a odor bugger between the neighbors and my future garden. :))))) I hope I find a place soon enough that I can get a garden planned out and at lease functional!

Well, it's time to work on the plants. I want that perpetual grow, but setting up the different areas is not so easy... or stealthy. Can't afford another tent! I'm open to all suggestions in this department! :peacetwo:

Playing catch up, they grow too fast!

This journal has been hectic to keep up! Here's the progress from the top shelf seeds to bloomers:

The veg area has been moved again for the 5th time. Better be the last! (at least 4 this house) The light from these are not hidden, so the light was leaking into the flowering tent through the vents. I need to buy another Blumat system for the flowering tent now. With the exception of the GDP clones (bought them), the plants are growing faster than I can move things! Here they are, back in the guest bedroom.
VEg_n_baby_area_012211.jpg

SEEDS FROM HELL
I had to throw out all 5 seeds from Canada. I gave them 30 days to germinate and nothing happened! I'll try again, this time reverting to the paper towel method. The veggy seedling were coming along, but many died overnight as they dried up. I have a wicking setup for seed starting coming in the mail.This sucks to start all over! I hope this new method works out. my floating seed mat worked really well, but better capillary matting would help. The new seed started (on sale) also uses a capillary matting and is similar to what I already have made. The benefit is that there are 4 separate trays with domes. I can use a soil mix or oasis and other cubes. Best yet, what made me buy it, is that I can grow several of one type of plant in each tray. This is awesome since some sprout weeks before others.

This time, I'll soak seeds for 24 hrs, then put them in a wet paper towel until I see them sprout. Waiting 30 days for nothing sucked! Does a period of cold help them germinate any?

PITA CLONES
The two practice clones are long ago tossed out. Those gel packs were a waste of money! I've started my own clones, the first real attempt. This time, I followed RPs instructions for rockwool and took 3 clones each from the huge Shiva Shanti and White Skunk Plants, then a week later 3 more. These are in a plastic gallon aquarium and on a heated mat. I'm not sure I should even use a heated mat for clones?! Here's the view:

Jan_clones_2011.jpg

STORE BOUGHT PITA CLONES
The 4 store bought clones are at least alive. The Bubba Kush pre 98 clones are doing great, but the GDP clones are turning yellow and have brown spots on the leaves. Optic foliar spray hasn't helped any of these plants, which is odd. I'll put the 2 bubbaKs in the flowering tent on Feb 1st. I'll Fim them or LST them today. All of these were flushed today on 22Jan11. I'll transplant all of these to this new soil less mix I bought online from Gardeners. Hope it's good stuff!

Here's a group shot. The nute probs and such I'll add later:

store_clones_150111.jpg

These are the Bubba Kush Pre 98 clones, soon ready for their 3rd transplant!

BBK_clones_220111.jpg

Here;w the sad Grand Daddy Purple clones. The strain has done nothing for my pain, but these were the only clones around. I'll not be buying there again. :-(

GDP_clones_220111.jpg

NUTE PROB FLOWERING PLANTS
Twister and Fluffy are out of control! I LSTed a few of the main branches and took clones, but must take more clones out of that dense foliage! These gals are in the tent alone with the 600W Lumatek. I'm having probs getting the temp right. It's between 66 and 77, not just right. I might have to toss these ladies outside to finish if they get any larger! Is it possible to put a flowering plant outside to finish when the daylight is longer than 12/12? FLuffy is huge! I still have to cram 4 more plants in that tent. LOL!

Group shot in the tent:
Twister_and_Fluffy_160111.jpg

Here they are getting some LST and clones taken:
LST_and_clone_session.jpg

Twister has huge dark leaves, all soft and folded. Both plants have weak stems and nute probs. Will add that later. An ealier pic, 1st LST:

twisters_leaves.jpg

Fluffy went nuts in just a week! There;s no way she can finish in this tent. She's too bug! TO think a month ago, i almost threw her away.
fluffy_flush_220111.jpg

I need to find info on Sativa strains that just won't fit inside. Outside, they will not have enough time to bloom and finish when the lights go under 12/ 12 in September. November is too cold and 1 1/2 months too short. Even my Indicas didn't finish outside last summer. I plan to start my veggies and flowers in Feb. The MJ too. Plans have changed a bit since I started this. Now I have to move this garden into a new house... up the stairs with a chair left. Oh dear!

This post has been a slow work... been writing for a week since every day things change. Now the veg shelves are moved back into the other spare room that has a blanket over the window. Light from veg was getting into the flowering tent through the passive vents. I can't close them or the fan will suck the tent into a knot. wonder what other tent users do for veg and flower. I'd like to fit them all in one tent. No reason to hook up the filter with no smell yet. I'll be moving into my own house soon enough!

THE IMPOSSIBLY SICK PLANTS, ALL 6
Worse for last.... All 6 of my plants have different nute problems!!
1) They are all fed the exact same nute mix for veg. The flowering plants get their first bloom dose after I repot this week.
2) There are no bugs.
3)the PH is between 5.5 and 6.5, usually 6.
4) these plants were fed just one week before the photos! There is no way they are nute deficient!
5) Each day, new leaves are effected. Shiva Shanti, old and new leaves, the others older leaves mostly.

I've done all I can think of! This sucks. Even stranger, the nute probs are for the most part obvious as not enough, yet they are fed and fed. I have no ideas left. :-(

The 2 GDP have been small and pale since the day I bought them. The roots are growing OK, but not the clones. It's been about 20 days since I bought these, and they've grown maybe a cm?! Pale yellow and green. The older leaves are going yellowish and getting huge brown spots. Each night I clip the dead leaves, there's always more the next day.

Here's some pics of the GDP clones:
GDP_clones_spots.jpg

GDP_sick_clone_130111.jpg

GDP_leaves.jpg

Next is the Bubba Kush clones. They are growing like crazy and doing well. I tried to FIM them. Not sure if it worked. These are the healthiest of all my plants. However, they almost look and act like the troublesome White Skunk plant. Both have leaves that fold odd directions, both have huge dark dead spots, and both have soft leaves that roll in. These clones only have a leaf or 2 each unlike Twister. My guess is phosphorus, but it makes no since since the plant is fed phosphorus every 3rd watering! Even the PH is OK. It should impossible for the plant to have any nute issues, this makes no sense!

Here's the 2 BBK leaves, the dark green on the bottom. See the soft slightly wilted look? It never goes away. The flowering white skunk I tossed outside looked like this originally too. See her pics in the last post. :-( The GDP leaves are on the top.
sick_clones_220111.jpg

Twister, the flowering white skunk, has similar issues to the BBK clones. The dark green soft leaves that wilt in. I've been fighting this problems since the seedling spouted! now poor ol twister is showing possible calcium,, phosphorus, nitrogen, and magnesium problems. Like the others, this plant is fed the same. WTF?!

Here are a lot of nute pics of Twister:
Twister_2_220111.jpg
WS_twister_sick_leaves.jpg
Twisters_spotted_leaves.jpg
twisty_spots_012211.jpg
twisters_leaves.jpg

Fluffy, the mutant Shiv Shanti clone has also been having problems. She gets the same nutes as the rest. Her first probs looked like Mg or N. Now I'm pretty confused. No matter what the nute is, it shouldn't be possible! How can I feed the darn plants exactly what the nute instructions say and they are all still sick?! PH is also the same as the rest. Is these air pots? They dray out every 2 days. I'm not impressed.

Fluffy:
SS_Fluffy_dead_leaves_220111.jpg
fluffys_leaves.jpg

I have more pics, can't find them.

I hope I never get this far behind again.... what a PITA this is!

lusi i saw your post in the problems page and checked out your journal
as well as the other recomndations for ph i think it would be wise to thouroughly check for root aphids, the last picture looks a lot like some others i've seen while doing extensive research on these pests plants show lockout of cal mag and other nutrients it never hurts to check and to rule it out
have you caught any bugs on that sticky trap that you have laid out?

Those Nasty Nutes, still!

Hi,

Sorry I'm behind here. I'm working on loading pics. Thanks for posting!
These pics here are a few weeks behind. I've transplanted all of my plants in to a soil less mix made by Gardener's. They are really thriving in this soil and growing inches a day, but darn it, I still clip 5-8 leaves off Fluffy and 1-2 the rest, each day. All 4 show the same problems as before. I see some leaf curl from too much nutes on the GDPs. They screaM CA def, but curl when I gave them more MagiCal and nutes. ?! The PH is now up to 6.5. I've stopped PHing the water, just letting it sit for days to evaporate chlorine. I'm looking at the Milwaukee lowest cost PH mater, $20. I don't understand this calibrating and storing solution. How than that be easier to use?!

How long does it take to get results? I LSTed the Bubba K cones today. Like the White Skunk (Twister) It had wilted droopy large fan leaves and weak red stems. I don't know either strain to know if that is normal. The Shiva Shani and the cones from here all have something different than the others. It effects the middle growth and isn't matching up to my info and pics. Is there anything else I can do? I thought it was nute lockout too, but darn it, the PH is in range now. Thus sucks. Why are the plants growing inches a day and with good roots, but show nute probs??

Those sticky traps are left over from the house plants a few months back. They had fungus gnats, but are long gone. They were actually too big to be fungus gnats, but just gnats that loved the drip trays. I can't find a single bug or root aphid when I transplanted. The roots were very healthy on all 6 plants!

I'll add a pic of one of the Shiva Shanti clones. These clones had no sign of problems when I took them. Now they look like their mom. ?!
nute_def_in_clones.jpg

I hope to have the pics done and play catch up tomorrow. Do you have any photos of Cal/ Mag and nute lockout? Most of the links for nute guides have the exact same pics in my books, and worded the same too. Those brown spots on yellow leaves, in earlier pics, are better. I still need to capture the odd brown markings in between veins. There is no pic out there even close.

Here's a recent one of the GDP clones today. I think she has the largest Calcium problem of the group... hope I'm wrong. She's been given MagiCal twice now, as have the others. The new growth is not the same, but not normal. See how her leaves now curl under? Isn't this now too many nutes? It just HAS to be nute lock out... but why?
GDP_in_new_pot_curled_leaves.jpg

TY for your help. I sure need it! LOL

Lusi

I don't have any equipment to measure that with. The water is fairly hard, but not enough to get a water softener or filter. Sprinklers around here leave white on the wood fences. the growers at the local hydro place don't do anything special to their water, just the PH. The city water website is so darn confusing, I can't find much. The ground and surface water are listed by the PPM of each mineral in it and the PH is above 8 (for flood irrigation), but I don't see anything for the drinking water. My outside grow didn't have problems like this, whether in a pot or in the ground. Same water. I'm PHing the drinking water at 6.8. I'll bring some water to the hydro shop and see if they'll demonstrate one of those expensive meters on my water. LOL :-D

What can cause all of these problems but PH and water? It is odd the outdoor plants had no problems besides caterpillars. Thy were all in potting soil, two buried in grow bags of soil. My plants now are in 2 separate rooms. Everything seems to be staying the same, despite my efforts. The new soil less from the internet seems to make a difference. All these plants look funny, but are growing faster than I can move the lights... which are as high as they go.

Here's a photo of one clone. I have 2 GDP clones, the ones showing Ca def. Only one of the 2 has these odd markings on several fan leaves. The other doesn't. They've finally started growing after an entire month of looking 1/2 dad. They are a bit lanky in the new growth. The tiny little leaves on the stem are the same as the other plants and not maturing. Th other show Phos. def, but not these 2. I've seen a photo somewhere of this problem, but can't locate it. LMK if it looks familiar. What a pain in the @$$! Oh, my attempts to save this plant gave her nute burn, the leaves are starting to curl under a bit. :-(
030211_GDP_clone_Tiger.jpg
030211_GDP_Tiger_stripes.jpg

Here is another photo of the flowering White Skunk, Twister. (Her leaves twisted as a seedling)
Twisters_droopy_laves.jpg

My photos are all in my gallery now, just need to write and catch up here. I have photos of all the roots of the plants when i transplanted last week. They look good! This is confusing.... TY for helping me!!!:)

My planting Schedule from grow tent to present

Here's my attempt at keeping a grow calender. I'll try to keep it updated... try.

DECEMBER

Wed Dec 8, 2010
-Transplant Fluffy and Twister from 1/2 gallon Smart Pots to 1 gallon black nursery pots. The Smart pots gave them poor root growth with roots spreading out on the surface, not to the bottom. The tap roots grew through the cloth bottom. I destroyed the pots in order to save the roots. Drainage was also poor. - Transplant Fluffy and Twister

Sat Dec 11, 2010
-Tent set up - The new Grow Lab 80L tent is set up and ready to move in supplies.
-Planting seeds and setting up the tent

Sun Dec 12, 2010
-Neem drenches and Soaking - Twister, Fluffy, reveg curly and reveg Rootsy are all soaked in Neem
-Curly and Rootsy bare root - Curly and Rootsy stripped and transplanted to re-veg
-F & T transplant - F & T transplant to 1.5 gallon pots

Mon Dec 13, 2010
-4 Plants moved to tent - Rootsy, Curly, Twister and fluffy are moved into the tent
-Fertilizing All Plants - All MJ bloomiing and vegging plants, plus 3 houseplants
-Optic Foliar spray to all plants

Wed Dec 15, 2010
-Seed tray placed in tent - Seed try and 2 clones in tent

Fri Dec 17, 2010
-7 days no germinating seeds - No sign of seeds sprouting

Sat Dec 18, 2010
-Water Twister - Watered Twister

Sun Dec 19, 2010
-Transplant Twister and Fluffy - Transplant Twister and Fluffy, again
-New seed try invention - Created a floating seed tray

Mon Dec 20, 2010
-Optic Foliar spray to all plants - My plants are growing like mad!
-making more space - Removed a shelf for more room

Wed Dec 22, 2010

Thu Dec 23, 2010
-Preparing plant set up for auto care - Preparing set up for 5 day trip

Vacation

Mon Dec 27, 2010
-2 new Clones - 2clones, sad and small. only choice GDP

Tue Dec 28, 2010
-Old clones tossed - The WS clones are dead and tossed out

Thu Dec 30, 2010
-Water and fert blooming plants - BBG and WS get ferts and H2O
-Last Optic Foliar spray to all plants - This is the last of the Optic Foliar mix

Fri Dec 31, 2010
Bubba Kush clones neemed - New clones Azamax dipped

JANUARY

Sun Jan 2, 2011
-Water and nutes for all plants - Water 2 clones, Twister, and Fluffy with RFS kit, and water/ fert BBG and WS
-Foliar spray with Spray and Grow - Coco wet, Spray N Grow and Thrive alive green foliar sprays
-Blumat Tropf Drip system set up!! Way Cool!

Mon Jan 3, 2011
-Dip clones 2nd time

Wed Jan 5, 2011
-transplant, reseed, redo foam floater - transplant, reseed, redo foam floater
-2 Dispensary trips - 2 clones GDP, neem dip 4" transplant

Thu Jan 6, 2011
-Watered Fluffy and Twister, seeds dead, make new floater

Fri Jan 7, 2011
-Watered floater and GDP clones - Watered Floater and GDP clones

Sat Jan 8, 2011
-Foliar spray with Sprayn grow

Mon Jan 10, 2011
-Moved the 600W HPS to the tent - Moved the 600W HPS to the tent

Wed Jan 12, 2011
-Clones Shiva and Whiter Skunk - Clones Shiva and Whiter Skunk
-Twister and Fluffy watered 1/2 gallon each..
-Remaining HIGE seeds thrown out
-Transplant the 2 Bubba Kush Pre 98 Clones - Transplant the 2 Bubba Kush Pre 98 Clones

Sat Jan 15, 2011
-Mix Optic Foliar spray - Mix more Optic foliar spray, use til gone with lights on.

Tue Jan 18
-Nutes next water! all plants

Fri Jan 21
-Optic foliar spray

Sat Jan 22
All plants flushed and given Thrive and root 66. Ready to transplant as soon as the soil dries again!

Wed Jan 26
-Transplant Twister and Rootsy
-Spray n Grow foliar spray

Thu Jan 27
-Nutes 4 Twister and Fluffy

Fri Jan 28
-Flower light to 600W

Sat Jan 29
-Trans BBK to 1.5 gallon and GDP to 1gal.
-Take 6 BBK clones

Sun Jan 30
-All plants get RFS nutes

Mon Jan 31
-Summer harvest, 1oz made 4mg BHO. -Summer harvest, 1oz made 4mg BHO. ground up then screened over a silk screen. only a tiny bot of kief came through. WTH?!?! I ended up shaking the smaller ground particles to the jar bottom, then running all of these through my tiny grinder screen. I had about 4 grams! The cat walks by and knocks the container of kief onto the carpet. Onlt a tiny amount was saved. BHO with 320ML the purest butane made, in a 2' 3/4" PVC pipe. The MJ became too packed and it ran down the outside of the pipe. Still, I got 3ml oil. I put the used MJ in the freezer the next day then once again ran all of the ounce through my grinder screen. I got another 2 grams of keif. How is this possible???! Conclusion, need less MJ and a wider 1" pipe. Will try again. I'm glad i didn't throw out the used MJ. I did give the oil and weed 24 hours to evaporate. The next day, there was no sign of butane to light or the butane taste. I packed the oil around 2 teeth with fillings that fell out. The pain went away
-Twister and Fluffy are too tall for the tent! Strong LST of main branches. Will LST and FIM earlier next time. I have no more room to take more clones.

FEBRUARY

Tue Feb 1
-Seeds soaked overnight, scarified and in Red TA. 2HMSS, 2KKmix, 2 SwtHeart. 1 of ea Scarified. Seeds where dropped and mixed up!
-Red Thive Alive foliar spray. Caused burns!

Wed Feb 2
-All veg and flower seeds germinated in paper towels except water melon. Only one MJ seed, the 1 KK mix I didn't scarify.

Thu Feb 3
-Transplant last 3 WS clones to 4" pots. Turn up light to super lumens.

Fri Feb 4
-MJ and water melon seeds have a slimy white coating. The paper towels are still damp, not wet or dry. I tried to wipe it off. Planted the water melon seeds with no germ. They usually take forever to germ.

Sat Feb 5
-Bought a PH tester for $85! Ouch! The seed tray and flowering plants need watered. The Easy Bloom reads that the tested BBK has enough nutes, finally.
-Sweetheart seed shows a tiny root. Was placed in damp oasis block. Need more lights!

Sun Feb 6
Water Twister and Fluffy with Correct PHed water to 6.5, 1 gallon each. Ran out of dechlorinated water, need watered again.

Ack! I'm way behind!

TY Hemp Rocket!

The pics of toxic salt build up plants don't look the same, but the description and individual leaf pics look very close. Is flushing them again the solution for this? When I transplant, I flush them first but don't do anything else beside brushing off the the loose surface soil and loosening the roots on the bottom. I transplant when I see toots at the bottom of the pot. I wait until the dry up first to make it easier. I usually give Super thrive or root juice in the last bucket of water, that's it until they need watered again, I then give nutes. I also Flush once a month with tap water that is sitting open for a few days. I'll have to look this up. Maybe it's not in the nute section of my books?!

Is my routine enough to remove the salt build up each flush? Even with the PH thing solved, there's a bit more going on. How common is this? Thanks for that tip!!

Well, I think the problems is solved. Every thing I read and all people's input says over and over it's a PH issue. I have to PH soil meters, Litmus paper, and a liquid aquarium tester prior to the L. paper. They all agreed with each other, within a 1/2 point. I used Litmus paper for every bucket of water I poured. The water sat out for minimum 24 hours, usually 5 days before I test it. My last grow had to suffer with the water as is and they didn't have this many issues, just magnesium. I think M tends to show up when a higher PH locks it out?

Yesterday, I got so disgusted with this mess, and headed out with my photos to the hydro shop. The owner there always gives good advice... the others there... eh. The owner was going to give me one of the used returned PH meters to take home and try. While he was showing me how to calibrate it, we both realized it was returned for a good reason. In fact 5 have been returned in the past 4 months. He no longer sells those. There was only one model brand he's stuck with for 9 years is because he's never had one returned. I coughed up another $100 for a mid quality Hanna PH pen with dual calibration and the solutions. I pay the tax to order locally, but they match prices and guarantee their products and show how to use them. That means something.

Sure enough, I tested the water from tap and sitting out, then with the PH Down I usually use. One guy in that same place told me to use 15ml per gallon. They owner wasn't there then, dangit. My pH strips and soul meters always read between 6.5 and 7. How could all 3 be wrong? Well, my tap water is 8.0, once out a few days, 7.6. Not 6.8. My gallon treated with 15ml PH down, as the guy said. My reading was 3.2 for the treated water??!!! No way!

Lucky for my plants, they've only been watered with PHed water for 2 months. Better yet, I did not PH the water when they were fertilized. The seed trays had distilled or bottled water, so no harm there other than the 6m seeds I tossed never sprouted. So the damage was already being undone when I transplanted and didn't PH the water this time. It the tap water is 7.5-8 it should neutralize the soil. Thee plants look better, but several leaves each day are showing problems. The new soil also seems a hit, but holds water more than I like.

Update for the flowering plants

I've been frustrated with this whole thing, but hope that PH meter and reducing the nutes and replacing them with some other brand will solve this. TY everyone for your help. I needed all of it!

I'm so behind here, I don't know where to start. Perhaps a section at a time will be easier to deal with. I'll start with the flowering plants this time.

New products:
Litmus paper, liquid tests and soil PH meters are useless. I have all of these and all were wrong! Hanna 98127 PH meter, $85 local
HI 98127 Pocket-size Waterproof pH Tester

New soil less mix from Gardeners. The plants LOVE it!! I have the transplant mix and container mix. The container is moister and the Transplant lighter, I like it better. Is $13.95 a good deal for soil less mix, 30cf? Shipping was by price, not weight. I had some other things from here.
Transplant Mix Potting Soil | Buy from Gardener's Supply

Here's the seedling tray I bought. It is too long and needs a 4' T-5. I bought 2 4' T-5s at Home depot for $35. Will make foil reflectors for it. It has a wicking mat and works. I have test pics on the way
Super 7 Seedstarting System | Buy from Gardener's Supply

Here's a huge capillary mat that will have many uses, for low price. I ave a tiny strip running to my paper towels to keep them damp.
Capillary Matting | Buy from Gardener's Supply

I've been hunting and hunting for Dolomite Lime. The hydro place is the last place left to look. At least they can order it if need be. My outdoor plants will need it!

FLOWERING TENT

Twister, the White Skunk plant, is growing up slowly but with thick close together nodes. I think she can finish her blooming and still fit in the tent. LOL! I've LST and FIM her and she took to it well. She still has raging nute probs, but now that the problem is solved, all the plants should be getting better. I took 6 clones from her and all are rooted. :) The roots look odd, long and thin. Better than no roots.

20211_Twister.jpg

Fluffy, the Shiva Shanti II clones is looking much like a Sativa and growing like one. However, she's 100% Indica??! Her nute probs are still showing, but she is growing and blooming out of control! I have forceed her into the corner of the tent to grow up the wall. The 600W on Super Lumens is already raised to the top!! She'll be up to the light in a few more days. I don't know what to do!?!?! I also have way too many clones from her, and still another unopened box of ten seeds from Sense. I'll have to sell those. I never thought they'd be so easy to grow, much easier and forgiving than the others I have. The White Skunk is stinking up my tent while the Shiva Shanti has no odor, even in harvest. Weird! Since I have more clones than I'll ever need or have room for, I'll use them for experiments. I did not plan on the house with privacy coming up with too many problems to buy. All these clones were for the summer grow. :0(

Fluffy_new_buds.jpg
020211_Fluffy.jpg

I found a brave soul to try my buds from the summer harvest. He said they're mid quality (I think they're low) and he likes the taste. I hate the taste in the vaporizer and will make all that grow into concentrates. Speaking of concentrates... I am confused! I bought a silk screen stretched on a metal frame from Micheal's, $25. Ouch! I ground up an ouch and rubbed it all over that screen. Only a tiny bit came through, The full story is on my calender post. Do silk screens come in different sizes? It's 100% useless. Read about the BHO earlier on the calender too. I'm stumped, of course. :)

On the 29th or Jan, I transplanted the 2 BBK clones to 1.5 gallon pots and the 2 GDP clones to the 1 gallon pots. The Bubba Kush plants were then set in the flower tent. I posted the calender for exact dates, since I'm way behind. Once they fill up the pot, they'll go into the 3 gallon root pots. The GDP will be put into flower on March 1st... if there is room. Will these plants need 3 whole months to flower and finish? I hope not more!!

Here's a pic of the 2 BBKs, before flowering. I need to update these!!
020211BubbaKs_to_flower.jpg

I flushed on the 22 of Jan, then transplanted both Twister and Fluffy on Jan 26 from 3 gallon Root maker pots to 6 gallon root maker pots. (had to wait for the soil to dry again) They were in these pots since Dec 19th, 40 days in the 3 gallons pots. I thought the new pots were 5 gallon, but when placed next to other 5 gallon pots, there's no way. Gotta be 6 gal. Anyway, the pots are a PITA to get together, but easy to take apart and transplant with no damage. I'd NEVER use these outside in my climate. They'd dry up within an hour. The roots look very good on both plants! But 40 days was much too long in the one 3 gallon pot. I won't buy more until I compare them fairly since they needed transplanted much earlier than this.

All these plants are much taller now need new pics!

Here's a pic of Fluffy and Twister taken in late Jan
Twister_and_Fluffy_grow_too_large.jpg

Here are pics of Twister and Fluffy being transplanted to 6 gallon form 3 gallon root maker pots:
012911_fluffy_and_suplies.jpg

Fluffy in 6 gallon, Twister still in 3 gallon
012911_Fluffy_n_Twister_3_n_6_ga_pots.jpg

Fluffy's awesome roots!
012911_Fluffys_roots.jpg

Twister's awesome roots!
012911_Twisters_roots.jpg

Twister and fluffy in new pots. Wait to you see them now!!! This photo is a week outdated. :)
013011_trans_to_6_gallon_TandF.jpg

Now before anyone gets excited and gives the Root Maker/ Air Pots a big WOW, here is one of the Bubba Kush pre98 clone's roots. This is going from a 1 gallon normal nursery pot to a 1.5 gallon. Her roots look just as nice as the other. :))) This clone was transplanted from a 4" pot to a gallon on the 12th. 14 days later, she was transplanted in this pic. It was a little soon, but I needed the pots for the other clones. Fluffy and Twister sat in the 3 gallon air pots for 40 days. That's quite a difference!! I will not know if these Rot Maker air pots are worth their cost until I test them back to back with the same strain. The new SS clones are for this. My guess is the Air Pots will not be anything special. Prior to using these, the largest plants needed transplanted every week. Not 40 days.
BBK_roots.jpg

Well, that does it for the flowering tent. I'll take more pics and put them up as I go on. Phew!

Re: Lusi's 1st Indoor Grow Journal, In my New GL80L Tent

Well, I've been ripped off yet again. last time around, none of my 5 hIGE seeds germinated. This time, only 2 of the 4. One grew backwards with the root up. The one that sprouted normally has a 50% chance of being male. So here I am with a perpetual grow of practice plants, none of which are good for my pain. The money I paid for those dud seeds could have bought me more seeds from Sense, like Afghani. I HATE being taken advantage of! I'm wondering if it is even worth my time trying to get the rest of the seeds I bought. If any happen to grow, I'll be shocked. I have plenty, too many, of clones growing, but they aren't strains that could be pain killers, or even good for sleep. After so much time and money on my set up, there's gotta be a way to get a few potent all Indica strains to grow. I'll never understand why someone sold me seeds that are too old or inferior to ever grow. I'm dreading to try more of these.

This journal was started for the last batch of seeds that never grew. A nice journal from seed to harvest. It's not looking like this will be happening. There's plenty of clones I don't need, just to fill up space. It seems with the PH problem solved, the plants should be perking up in the text few weeks. All of my hopes to replace a life time of narcotics are down the tubes. I have to hope some of these strains will at least help me sleep. :0(

I made BHO and ISO methods into oil and wax, from the Shiva Shanti harvest. I took two eraser sized pieces of oil, hoping to relive my back pain. It didn't do anything at all, not even the MJ side effects. I was planning to make that oil into capsules. Don't know what to do with tit now. :-( I don't know what to do with the rest. I also bought a silk screen from Michaels. I rubbed and ounce of Shiva Shanti all over that screen and had only 1/8 a gram of keif. My grinder has a screen, so I spent hours running it all through the grinder again. I then got several grams of Kief, which the cat knocked onto the rug. Have to return the silk screen. I then made a tube and ran 300ml of pure butane through the same ounce. I got 2.5ml of oil. After it dried, it looked like fer trich came off. I ran the entire thing through my tiny grinder and got 3 more grams of Keif? The butane should have taken all the trichs! I then stuck the ounce in a jar of other clear. It's dark green and still look potent. I have no idea why the silk screen did nothing nor why the butane only extracted a tiny amount of the trichs. This is ridiculous!

I'm too pissed off end frustrated to update with the new pics. Maybe in a few days after I get rid of this cold. On top of all of this, the house I planned to buy and move into this month has asbestos all over it. All these veggies, flowers and clones in the tent were for that place, in the peaceful garden with fertile topsoil. Not a good week. :-(

Until my iPad cooperates and allows me to upload pics here, I guess the thread is kaput. The veg room is like a jungle with way too many plants. The clones are awesome! The seeds I bought refuse to germinate. That's 9 seeds and several different strains, germed at two separate times in separate ways. I think I got taken advantage if, to say it nicely.

I borrowed a computer and loaded up pics of my tent and the 2 older plants in bloom for 60 days now. They are crazy colors, but with few signs of sugar on the tiny buds. I don't know what went wrong! I'm adding a link to the thread here with all those pics. If I ever figure how to get pics up from an iPad or convince my computer to live after wiping it out, i'll continue where I left off. I hate leaving things unfinished! It will be a while.... House shopping is a time eater.

Product reviews so far:
Blumats, Love them!!! I love them so much, I've found a local store owner to carry them. He will be the only store in the united sates with a complete selection with all the buts and pieces, not just sets. In give these credit for taking care of those 4" pots that dry up quickly and for watering while I was on vacation. Indoor, outdoor, soil or soil-less, beginner or advanced, these are the best invention I have seen in years.
Root maker pots: Cheaper versions of air pots that work very well. They are a PITA to get together, but amazing for transplanting. I like the results but will be tasting these against smart pots and plastic pots next month. Not usable outside in my climate. If you like air pots, try these. My local store has them in stock, 3 and 5 gallon.

Smart Pots: not one single plant of any kind has lived. They SUCK!! If the roots grow at all, they grow right through the bottom, even when on a raised grill. Transplanting by peeling the pot off like a sock looked easy... But in reality, the roots were destroyed, even with peeling and a knife to cut them around the outside. The tap root is firmly stuck to the bottom. I will test these against the air pots, indoors, on two BubbaKs on April 1st. I have one 5 gal and 1 3 gal left, the rest I cut to pieces in attempt to rescue the plants trapped inside.

Recipe for Success nute kit: if you are just getting started, this affordable kit of nuts has mini containers of all you need for $35. You might quickly discover that apt he instructions require all the bells and whirled to be fed, even when the plant is healthy. Don't bother with magical and the thrives. Save them for when truly needed. The nuts themselves, I don't like to mix stuff together. I want 1 flower and 1 bloom nute, not parts. The flower and grow nutes both require to Add BC Boost, at a minimum. The boost runs out when the other bottles are a 1/4 used up. Useless! I,ll keep the extra nuts around for sick plants and save the little bottles for other nuts, whatever I end up with.

Optic Foliar Spray: works, but the price is absurd.

Spray n grow and coco wet: see no difference with either one.

The Grow Lab tent, luv it! The zippers are a pain, but I don't mind now that i'm used to it

Lumatek 600W ballast: worth every penny!!! I love the dial down when you are making changes or don't need the full 600 watts. Very good!

I know I have many other products to write reviews on, but they are still being tested.

If some one knows how to make an iPad load pics, plz PM me. This blows.

Hi, I didn't think anyone was reading my journal. TY!

I can't wait to continue with it. I'm using a google calendar to keep track of what is done for the plants and still take piles of photos. Until I can find and app for the iPad or repair my laptop, even getting help with plants will be impossible.

My plans of demo starting and testing various products to make life a bit easier for others struggling to grow medicine is not forgotten. The Tropf Blumats are the most amazing discovery at all. They deserve their own thread. Any one interested in Blumats, other products i'm using, or with any of their own ideas of things I could test out, PM me! Also, anyone with a solution for iPad photos, plz PM too. Blasted contraption!

Happy growing!

March update new pics

iPads suck!! I had to borrow a computer to load my photos here, and then spen 4 hours updating my journal and pic, only to have that window turn white and refuse to show or copy all that last work. I had the draft saved in email, but stil.... Worthless thing that costs as much as a computer. :-(((((((

This is my way overdue update. There are some holes in my memory and plans since the last one. I hope to keep up this time, and find an app to upload my pics here, or anywhere. To save time, I'll include a link to my sick plants thread or copy it and the photos here eventually. I sure need some help!

THE VEG ROOM

NOW
March 17, 2011:

16Mar11_gravity_tank.jpg
-

ONE MONTH AGO!
February 11, 2011:

DSCN3578.JPG

Seeds:
I am so pissed off!!! I've now tried to sprout a second batch of HIGE seed. Another 4 seeds and 2 strains didn't germinate in over 40 days. I won't bother to cover the dozen things they said to try on these seeds. I could write my own chapter in seed starting! The next seed choices are in the Frig. I'll take them out after two weeks and hope the fake winter I use on garden seeds will jumpstart MJ too.-

Seedlings and clones:
I'm overwhelmed with way too many, they all lived! I now see way people have to support and stake up their plants. The missing tap root makes a huge difference. I hope yo keep my tent bug free and never buy clones. So far, no bugs until the windows are open for gnats. If I ever find the right strains, I hope to get seeds instead of clones. For this summer outdoor grow, my plans to extra clones outside aren't a great idea. The winds will topple them, staked or not. I took 12 GDP clones. They were very small, but I wanted before the GDP plants went into flower. 6 in oasis and 6 in rockwool are not rooted yet. The clone box is a 1 gallon plastic aquarium with saran wrap on top. Not worth a photo.... 12 tiny little GPD clones are in oasis and rock wool cubes. They are not rooted, but the cuttings in the oasis look much luckier than the rook wool clones!

Vegging:
On the top shelf, I have 6 BubbaKush plants just transplanted (16Mar) into 1 gallon mesh bottom pots. At least I think these are gallon sized pots, 10or 12". I also have a shiva shanti and mystery seed female plants in 1 gal pots. All these plants have Blumats, which is why they are alive!

Here's a few pics of the top shelf BubbaK clones and seedlings.:

16Mar11_1of6_GDPs_to_1gal_pots.jpg
16Mar11_4_inch_to_1gal.jpg
16Mar11_BBKs_and_KK_SS.jpg
-

CFL shelf:
On the 16th, I transplanted all 6 huge white skunk clones. If it were legal to give away plants, these would go. ( stupid law) The mother is in bloom and has this smell that turns me green. Even if the buds work, they stink too much for me. Maybe it's better once harvested. Bleh. So, these are experiment plants. A shame, they are the healthiest plants I have.-

16Mar11_WSs_to_3_gal_Pots.jpg
-

Experiment:

1 in a 3gal black plastic mesh bottomed pot

16Mar11_WS_to_mesh_bottom_pot.jpg

1 in a 3gal Smart Pot (the better HTG version), placed on a raised saucer for air:

16Mar11_WS_to_Smart_Pot.jpg
-

1 in a 3gal grow bag:

16Mar11WS_in_Grow_bag.jpg
-

1 in a 3gal Rootmaker/ airpot copy:

16Mar11WS_in_Rootmaker_pot.jpg

After:
16Mar11_4Amigos.jpg
17Mar11_WS_pot_testing.jpg
-

The last 2 WS went together in a 5 gallon pot and will be an experimental bonsai sculpture. I wish I had a house by now. All these could go out. I hope the clones, by far healthier than their mother, smell better. I tried to FIM them all, but it's a guess since I can't figure out which part to leave behind. They are all similar is size and health. The 2 in the 5 gal pots were different in height, but i'll see what happens.

16Mar11_WS2in1.jpg
17Mar11_bonsai_pot.jpg
-

FLOWERING TENT

18Mar11_tent.JPG

tent15.jpg

10hrs light, 14 dark. One small branch on each plant is fertilized with shiva shanti pollen and marked. No seeds showing yet. If I see a mature enough bud to sample, i'll take one. There are no visible amber trichs and very few trichs on the leaves. Odd.

Shiva Shanty II/ Fluffy, 80 days in bloom, huge plant!
She went all yellow and was dropping leaves. I flushed her a few days back and refertilized. It might be too strong, if the leaves curl more. I don't know why she's not done yet. Her trichs have cloudy heads with clear stems, but are still maturing with new healthy pistils. I thought all of those would turn orange before harvest?! -Her buds look much different then her mother last summer.

tent_2.jpg
-
Shiva_shanti_II_8mar111.jpg
Shiva_shanit_bud1.jpg
Shiva_Shanti11.jpg
16Mar11_SS_bud.jpg

White Skunk, 80 days in bloom, hermie
This plant is treated the same as fluffy, yet looks and responds different. This plant started turning purple and dark colors at the same time fluffy turned yellow. Both, the mid sized leaves changed first. WS turned lighter green with deep purple spots. Then they yellowed and died tips to center. The entire plant is now a deep purple with mid leaves still dying, even after a flush and refeed. WTF? A few days back, I noticed most of her buds have seeds forming.!? I took her to the counter and discovered every bud on her had 1-2 male flowers! What the hell?! None of the smaller branches did, nor did the branch I fertilized. I picked out the hermies, but mire come in every few days. They are all over the place! The plant didn't get a great start, but all her flowering was started in the tent. In that room, the blinds are shut and the door closed during the dark cycle. Some light could get in through the mesh ventilation ports, but not in the corner where this plant is. Still, I need to find a way to make a light trap on those vents. She has also been flushed and refed this week. I guess I need flush them again before harvest and feed molasses? This is the same as Sugar Daddy? I don't get it...

Here is the link to my problems with this white skunk and the shiva shanti. Same pics, just better explained and with other people's advice.

Flowering plants turning colors and dying, plz help!

WS4.jpg
DSCN36451.JPG
DSCN36421.JPG
WSleaves.jpg
WS1.jpg
WS31.jpg
white_skunk_7mar.jpg
WS8maradjust.JPG
White_skunk_going_purple.jpg
16Mar11_WS_bud.jpg
-

[B]Hermie bud photos;[/B]
Why, why, why??? I sure have tons of seeds all over this one plant, but only a few on other plants.-

16Mar11_hermie.jpg
16Mar11_hermie_closeup.jpg
-

BubbaKush pre98, 2 from clones, in bloom for 45 days
These went into flower on Feb 1st. This plant grows tall and is sparse and lanky. They have nice buds forming. I hope they are done on time! No health issues. One is in a 3gal root maker pot and the other, a5 gal mesh bottomed pot. I tried to FIM both, but have no idea if I did it right. These are some mid sized leaves going a pale green with dead spotted edges. If I keep seeing this, i'll feed some extra nutes. The 6 clones from these 2 plants are growing fast!

The pics are best seen in the tent views. I can't find the better ones I took?! These nodes are spread way apart, making this gall tall and sparse. Very odd looking. In the flowering tent photos, look for the two plants with fluffy white buds.

DSCN35131.JPG
16Mar11_BBK_bud.jpg
-

Granddaddy Purple: 2 from clones, 15 days in bloom
I have yet to try buds from this strain that do me any good. I'm hoping with better results if i grow it myself. Not likely, but these were only clones available at the time. I swore they would die off and never grow. These are only a few days younger than the BBK clones, yet they are month apart to flower. The GDP clones were put into flower on March 1st. I took 6 clones each, but they were very small and not rooted yet. No health probs beyond a few striped leaves.?? I never did figure why one plant has a few striped leaves.-

My pics aren't great. You can see the 2 GDP raised up on buckets in the tent photos. They have no trichs yet. Here are a few where I am trying to FIM. I have no clue which one to snip! Any help is greatly appreciated. I labeled the parts I was looking at to FIM in the photos. So far, I just seem to lop of a few leaves.-

FIM_the_FIM_Wich_one.jpg
16Mar11_FIM_again.jpg

Future Plans

The first house I backed out on, just hours before the deadline to seal the deal. Whew! Unfortunately, I already started my veggy and some flower seeds, plus MJ seeds, the ones that never sprouted. Instead I took extra clones. Now i don't want these clones and have no room for these or veggies. The lettuce and tomato i put outside were blown away in a storm. Yeah! I have a bid on another house. I doubt the bank will get to it before foreclosing. All other places look like hell. I did not prepare the garden for spring at this rental house. I had much more fun scattering morning glory seeds that will take over when i am gone. Hehe(evil laughter) the house I bid on has a serious ground squirrel, mole, and deer problem. Everything will have to live in containers until next year. What a waste of time and effort!

For now, Any unmarked seed will get planted outside, when I move. Plants from seed seem better able handle the weather and winds. All extra clones will get tossed out too. Any males, I can keep inside to collect pollen. I want to keep two plants from each promising or untried strain inside. Unless some of these seeds decide to grow, there won't be much left inside this summer.:-( I might have to start planting outside here and dig it all up when I move. I love growing outside and was looking forward to the summer. :-(

I have to give a product review update, links to the sick plant fiasco, and post another schedule. I hope that goes faster than this monster journal!!

Re: Lusi's 1st Indoor Grow Journal, In My New GL80L Tent

Hi! You read all of this and are still alive?! I'm in the meddle of hiding everything for an unwelcome landlord visit and trying to buy a house. I have all the photos and notes ready to go. I've learned so much and have so much to say... some amazing products rest results. I'd prefer to be slow and thorough, rather than leave loose ends. :)

Thanks for asking!

Hi lusi,glad to see your still around,good luck with your house purchase.I definetly admire your perseverance.Looking forward to when your ready to continue.:nicethread:
HH

Lusi,

It may not be as bad as you think: I just read through your whole journal, too! Very well done! I admire your meticulous documentation and frequent photos. Even though I'm looking to grow hydro, your thread is packed with really good, useful info I can use.
I find your saga with the pH meters especially interesting and informative. Thanks for that!

How frustrating to deal with all those early problems over such an easily corrected issue. Good for you for seeing it through, figuring it out and prospering!

The way I see it, you're getting great experience out of the ladies you have now, and I'm guessing you'll find the seeds or clone you're looking for sooner or later.

Best of luck finding a house and getting moved in. Awfully nice to have a place without a landlord coming by all the time...:tokin:

Subbed in and enjoying the show. :popcorn: Any updates?

Back
Top Bottom