M/H light bulbs

Each different sized bulb requires a ballest of same size of bulb wattage.

E.g 400w bulb = 400w ballest.

Make sure the ballest can handle both MH & HPS bulbs also, some times you can get different ballest for those bulbs !

IM wondering if you can put a 400 or a 250 watt bulb in a digitial ballast and then use the dimming switch.. the reason im thinking of this is to start plants the first 3 or 4 weeks after they gotten 5 or 6 inches high to save electricity

i use cfl now about 24 x 4= 100 watts = 400 watts light output. and i read MH gives you double the amount of luminets at the same wattage compaired to cfl's

IM wondering if you can put a 400 or a 250 watt bulb in a digitial ballast and then use the dimming switch.. the reason im thinking of this is to start plants the first 3 or 4 weeks after they gotten 5 or 6 inches high to save electricity

i use cfl now about 24 x 4= 100 watts = 400 watts light output. and i read MH gives you double the amount of luminets at the same wattage compaired to cfl's

Nothing wrong with CFLs for veg in the blue spectrum of lights thats about 6400k.

Besides lumen is a measurement of light visiable to the human eye only !

Plants don't have human eyes & they certainly don't see lumens either.

LOL COOL TO KNOW WITH MY 1000 WATT BALLAST I can go to a 600 watt light if I choose .I might have too????If the heat gets high.lol also found out my electric bill goes by tears so I can pay yup to .35 cents a kilowatt!

true I would like to max out my growing closet with 1200w.

So if I run a 600w bulb in a 1000w ballast it will draw 10 amps?

That just don't sound right?

first off is your ballast dim? if so then youre alright if not then you can still run it but know this, your ballast is still throwing out enough energy to power 1000wts, now youre going to run that through a 600/400 wt bulb, see the problem, you will get it to light but youre going to kill your bulb sooner then expected.

Back
Top Bottom