M&M Grow

If I did take a clone it would probably end up under the fluorescent lights until
the flowering is done.
The clone is taken when?

The light schedule they are under now in their vegetative state is 18/6.

clones are best under 24/7 under flourescents after you know whether your plants are male or female or if they're feminised already like mine are under 24/7 I can keep the mothers and clones under the same light and they still grow fine

Flyfish! Do you know how much of a pain treating rockwool that size is?

The first ones I didn't, (and they seem to be fine as long as I keep an eye on the ph in the reservoir)and then when I started a new table I was going to, but it was such a pain that I just said "fac it."
So two blocks in the new tray are treated with 4.0 ph and the rest aren't.
We shall see.

Isn't that causing pH problems at the roots where the plants are trying to uptake nutrients?

my internet speed leaves a lot to be desired.
So what that means is every time I try and look at a page with pictures it takes forever to load. Very frustrating.

You can go into your User CP, click on the Edit Options link on the left, scroll down to Thread Display Options, and uncheck any or all of Show Signatures, Show Avatars, and Show Images. I just checked to make sure and if you uncheck Show Images it will still include the link to the images so you will have the option of clicking on one manually (it should open into a separate browser tab so you won't lose your place in the thread). That should help you and anyone else on dial-up immensely.

The clone is taken when?

Any time from the point at which you have a (lower, preferably) branch that is 3" or longer that you feel like cutting off. It can be done in flower but the later in flower you wait the longer it seems to take for it to stop trying to flower and root.

Oh, and unlike raising your kids, with your plants at least you always know where they are lol.

i've even seen clones taken off an outdoor plant in flowerin and it was rooted and turned into a really healthy mother

So things are still progressing, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this interesting stem problem that I noticed.
This is a new one on me. Most posts about nutrient deficiencies and disease deals with leaves and not main stems.
IMG_23012.jpg

IMG_230221.jpg

IMG_230321.jpg

I have another plant in the same tray with the same nutrient schedule and as you can see it isn't suffering the same problem.
IMG_23042.jpg

This picture is a plant that I've been vegetating until the latest batch catch up and then we'll move into flowering.
IMG_23052.jpg

Hey Haze, no breakage. The brothers and sisters of the big plant at the end of my last post also had the problem and I thought it was because I had put small squares of visqueen plastic around the stems and on top of the cubes to keep the algae down.
When I saw it on them of course I thought it was the plastic cutting off light to the main stem.Turns out now that I was wrong.
Found out later that the plants grow so quickly that any light to the top of the cube will be cut off by the leaves before the algae even comes close to being a problem.

By the look of it this could be tough one. Nobody has seen this before?

wow,
nah man i have never seen anything like that. are you sure that its nutrient burn. i have had stems in th e past have that really barky thin look at the bottom of the plant, but not that thin. but if the plants are still standing i would say just let it go.

hope everything goes well for you man

They are somewhat flimsy and any rough handling would probably kill them, but so far I think if they do all turn out to be female, then at least two of them should make it to flowering.

I have another curious question. The plants are on a 18/6 light schedule. Close to the end of the 18 hr light phase the small plants start to look like slightly deflated balloon plants.
Right after the dark phase they are back to looking normal.
Anyone else have this happen? I'm thinking at least one persons seen this problem at least. LOL

I did finish, but then I just started seeing too many folks getting popped and after a joint or two too many I figured I would take a break.

Maybe if I think about getting back into it and don't feel so paranoid then I'll post again.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom