Mad Res Issues

LCRR

Ok, so I'm wasting a ton of nutes. I keep having a sludge build up. I'm running a 20 gal. Rdwc with two 5 gal buckets, one airstone in each bucket, submersable pump, and a tote for the main res. I have no light leakes, water temps between 60 and 73 lights off and on. Ph well within range. After a few days then res gets slimy. I'll then clean, sterilize and add filtered water back into the system. Let it run for a couple of days to make sure nothing crazy is going to happen. Then I'll add my nutes (pbpg) at 50% strength. I also add hydroxy me at 50% and rapid start as recommended. 24 hiurs later there is slime. Am I missing something here or is there a problem I am unaware of. I have grown for years in coco and switched to an automated system due to my 60 + hour work scheduale. Any help would be great.

I can't hang to long I gotta run but you sound to me like someone who needs to run a living res for a while at least to clean that out. You have an infection that you can't get rid of using the techniques you understand. Possibly you are missing something but more likely your medium is full of problems now so your best bet is to go Live at least until you clear this up.

If you want to clean it up that way I will be back tomorrow and explain it.

This guy tried everything and was very scared to throw out the sterile for a living res after 12 months of no problems with sterile. But he tried everything and bought everything and he couldn't get it out. His whole grow was tanking fast and was almost completely dead. I convinced him to start a journal and try my tea and in 24 hours his problem was gone. He wont go back.

Undercurrent RDWC With Compost Tea Grow - First Journal

:peace:

Changed some things since my last post
1. Dropped concentration of my nutes and zyme
2 got am inline carbon filter for my water.
Been 5 days, no ph swing and the plants are finally coming through the net pot. Best of all, no sludge and murky smell. I don't know if it will change when I start boosting nutes. I'll have to experiment with how much zyme I'm adding. I'm wondering if the dosage is off, and I need to treat it as if I'm dosing nutes. What do you think?

overdoing the zyme wont hurt. Overdoing the nutes will cause all sorts of problems not just in the plants. Unused nutes are great for bad bacteria to feed on.

Do you have any light leaks? No light is allowed to get to the res.

Back
Top Bottom