Mag deficiency?

Sangmang

Using RO water and only adding 100ppm of CaliMagic then upping to 400ppm with base nutes. Feeding every 4 hours to a little runoff. Runoff ppm doesn't rise so no buildup issues. Im in coco.

I'm gonna try startinh with 200ppm calmag first then if nothing changed I'll trying bumping up my base nutes too. Unless anyone suggests otherwise. Just switched from T5 to mars hydro 300w led
20210505_164519.jpg
20210505_134729.jpg
20210505_134743.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

This is magnesium deficiency. Intervenal chlorosis, yellowing between the veins.

These symptoms are easily alleviated with Epsom Salt. 1 Tbsp / 1-2 gals water.

What your photo shows is more splotchy, like you sprayed them with the lights on. The pattern looks indicative of beaded liquid(s).

Have you been spraying your plants?

IMAG0673.jpg

This is magnesium deficiency. Intervenal chlorosis, yellowing between the veins.

These symptoms are easily alleviated with Epsom Salt. 1 Tbsp / 1-2 gals water.

What your photo shows is more splotchy, like you sprayed them with the lights on. The pattern looks indicative of beaded liquid(s).

Have you been spraying your plants?
Yeah actually I have sprayed them a couple times with purecrop1 while lights were still on. They were under t5s at that time however. You think fluorescent could still cause that? Thanks for the input.

It's possible. Am I a magician or prophet? Not likely. ;) That's what it looks like.

I put my plants/mothers back under fluorescent tubes while dripping from a foliar and they don't show that. Then again, my P-LL set up is not that intense, 2 26w tubes.

It's possible. Am I a magician or prophet? Not likely. ;) That's what it looks like.

I put my plants/mothers back under fluorescent tubes while dripping from a foliar and they don't show that. Then again, my P-LL set up is not that intense, 2 26w tubes.
Hmm. Well I had 4 bulbs right up on them. I think it probably possible. I'll be sure to spray at lights off from now on. Better to be safe than sorry. I think I'll spray with some Epsom salts too.

Ok im still having interveinal chlorosis on the Peanut Butter Breath. Jack Herer seems to be ok now so im a little confused. I misread at some point and thought Mag was immobile and my old fan leaves look great so Mag likely isn't the problem here right? Sulfur sounds like a possibility since its immobile and my deficiency is showing on new to mid growth.
Last res I raised my calmag to 300ppm and no change. So this reservoir I mixed 150ppm Epsom salts for some more sulfur content and 150ppm calmag making my total feed 700ppm. Sprayed again with epsom at lights out tonight. If nothing changes in the next couple days maybe I just try increasing my feed strength in general? They show no signs of burning at all. I'm still using the Emerald Harvest early flower ratio which is 2-4-8(G-M-B) I have been needing to add PH UP to get to 5.8-6. It stays right where I leave it though with no drift.
20210516_233653.jpg
20210516_233755.jpg
20210516_233800.jpg

No change from the epsom foliar. I'm tempted to start feeding more than 700ppm but don't want to over do it. Maybe I'll hand water each day bumping the feed up 100ppm and see what happens. I have to take a look at my vpd as well, I'm hovering around 70f 58%rh which I assume is fine. It could be warmer I guess.

No change from the epsom foliar. I'm tempted to start feeding more than 700ppm but don't want to over do it. Maybe I'll hand water each day bumping the feed up 100ppm and see what happens. I have to take a look at my vpd as well, I'm hovering around 70f 58%rh which I assume is fine. It could be warmer I guess.
This kinda looks like the issue one of my current plants has been having since late veg with chlorosis. I thought forsure it was either an iron or sulfur deficiency caused by a nute lockout. My plant was watered too frequently right before transferring to final pot and it has been a battle to stay one step ahead of the yellowing ever since. She seems to be doing good now although most of the upper canopy has lime green-yellowish leaves, and the bottom and the tops have normal looking vegetation though.

I hope you are able to get it under control.

Back
Top Bottom