Making Hash

Fifibobo

Have been reading that it is possible to turn all the leaf etc & waste material into hash using ice & water. Does anyone recommend how to do this & if so, is it any good? Would rather turn the detritus into something useful.

Well what you might be thinking of is the blender method. In this way you add ice or really cold water to make it easier to knock the trichromes (crystals) off the the leaves. After you are done blending all your waste with ice and water, let the green mixture settle to the bottom for about 30 min to an hour... Then you want to strain the green mixture through a silk screen or a coffee filter. You will then be left with a small pile of kief which you can then press into hash after it has dried. This is a decent way of making some hash but I really just like to screen the dry skuff with a silk or mesh screen, you are then left with some good kief. Just make sure any screen that you use is a pretty small size so that you get very little leaf and plant material in your final product. :allgood:

you can also do a quick wash with your trim, seeds, stems, etc. with isopropyl alcohol and make hash... and i know a couple other methods if you'd be interested :)

ok. the isopropyl alcohol one i will have to think about and get back to you in a lil bit because its been so long since i've done it to remember all the exact details so maybe someone else can help me out or i'll just tell ya later on.

but have you ever heard of making butane honey oil?? its not that hard and it makes the shittiest weed pretty damn good. I don't have any pics right now to show you what i'm talking about and you really need to see it to understand... but i can link you up to some stuff on another website if you'd be interested.

it is a pretty dangerous process, but a friend of mine showed me how to do it... and i've never had a problem... i think anyone with common since can do it safely... however you might not even want to try it... but here's the info. for you :)

But the basic process is this... (i do this one a lot more often than the isopropyl alcohol if you can't tell ;)) you buy like an oz of any kind of weed you want... i just use the cheapest oz of shwag i can get. then you stuff the weed into a metal or glass tube... (turkey basters work great... as long as theyre metal or glass) you cover the large open end of the baster/tube with a coffee filter then with a screen and put a clamp around it to secure it. (you'll need pics :)) then you get a can or two of butane making sure its triple refined and you might want to get a small whiff to make sure it doesn't smell like rotten eggs cuz it'll make it all taste awful lol (Brands such as vector, neon, lucienne work awesome)

now the next step you'll need pics to see the process so i'll find some and post them in just a bit

you get a pyrex pie dish

get a pan that the pyrex dish fits nicely into with the edges of the pie dish easy to grab when finished

put enough water in the frying pan where it covers the bottom of the pyrex dish but doesn't spill out over the sides

bring the water to a boil

everything else you will need to do outside away from anything flammable, etc.

take the pan w/ the boiling water, pie dish, baster full of weed, butane, and an oven mitt outside to like a porch or something like that

then put the oven mitt on the hand you would want to hold the baster with b/c the butane freezes the baster and gets cold as hell

you then stand over the pie dish and hold the baster over the dish and put the can of butane into the small end of the baster (you can get butane with the little nozzles incase it doesn't fit snuggly into the hole so you can adjust it the way you need it to get the butane to flow out)

You run the butane through the weed and you'll begin to see a yellowish liquid coming out with the butane at the other end onto the pie plate... that's your oil. You run the butane through it you don't see anymore yellowish liquid coming out. (usually one kind of large bottle of butane is enough for an oz)

then you sit the pie dish in the pan with the hot water and let all the liquid butane evaporate into the outside air

after there's nothing but the yellowish oil left bring the pan and pie dish back into the house and put it on the stove

turn the burner on low

you can then get like a long fork or something and pop some of the bubbles that form in the oil so the rest of the butane is extracted

then put a lid on the pan and dish and heat the water up until it starts to form bubbles. You DONOT want it to get TOO hot. turn the burner off and let it cool. for like 15-30 minutes. if you want to repeat that process over again to make sure all the butane is gone... go ahead. no harm done.

when you think its all gone take the pie dish out of the pan and sit aside for a few minutes... then wrap it with saran wrap and stick it in the freezer for just a couple of moments...

take it out get a razor blade and scrape the oil out of the dish...

and voila...
one downside is you kind've need to vaporize this stuff... but like i said... if this sounds like something you'd be interested in trying... i'll be happy to get links and pics for you that will explain it all better :)

its not for everyone... some people have a problem with the idea of the butane and possibly smoking it and all that... but i've been doing it for a little over a year now and i love... really funks you up... makes shwag like some really good dank

with an oz of weed your average yield of oil is about 1 gram. but it doesn't take hardly any at all to get you blazed :)

let me know what you think :D

i hope that kinda makes some form of sense :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom