What is the best way to make Hash with a leafy foxtail plant?

Fietchen

Hi,

i looking for a method to make Hash with a Big Plant that is very Foxtail so i like to make most part from the Plant to make Hash.

I make Bubble Hash last year's but i belive i loose a lot of material because it's not easy with the Ice Cubes method and water...

Is there a not complicated method for making quality hash without much effort?

word on the street is- dry ice hash is the way to go…

there’s whole list of cautions for handling dry ice. Wear thick gloves and do not touch it with bare skin etc, etc.… but you can get dry ice at some odd retail locations but it’s very common at welding & bottled gas supply businesses. It’s used to shrink metals like when replacing heavy duty steel pins for dozers and cranes.

im pretty confident Mr InTheShed has a tutorial on it… look for link on post 8344 here ya go >>>>> InTheShed dry ice hash

word on the street is- dry ice hash is the way to go…

there’s whole list of cautions for handling dry ice. Wear thick gloves and do not touch it with bare skin etc, etc.… but you can get dry ice at some odd retail locations but it’s very common at welding & bottled gas supply businesses. It’s used to shrink metals like when replacing heavy duty steel pins for dozers and cranes.

im pretty confident Mr InTheShed has a tutorial on it… look for link on post 8344 here ya go >>>>> InTheShed dry ice hash

I try dry ice but the herb frozen in the bubble bag with the dry ice no much kief hmm something i do wrong

So just to confirm we are talking about same procedure… there’s bubble ice hash made using regular ice from your home refrigerator but dry ice must be purchased from a laboratory or a specialty store. you can’t handle dry ice with bare hands, IIRC dry ice doesn’t melt so much as it off gases.

personally have not made a batch but my understanding is couple sifter bags, gloves, dry ice and a large mirror or glass collection spot that’s really clean to shake above.

So just to confirm there’s bubble ice hash made using regular ice from your home refrigerator but dry ice must be purchased from a laboratory or a specialty store. you can’t handle dry ice with bare hands.
Yeah i bought dry ice but wasn't working in my bags bought small pieces from dry ice maybe needs bigger dry ice pieces?

cool, thanks for confirming!

there may be an issue with ratios how much dry ice versus how much weed? Did you put whole colas in or was it broken down?

also might help to dry out the weed to very low rh before sifting.

let me hollar at @InTheShed, I know he was sifting semi-recently.
Thanks for the shout 13! I don't think big pieces are necessary but I would definitely start by watching Nebula's video:

What number bag are you using @Fietchen? They come in different micron sizes.

If you live where it is cold or have access to a walk-in freezer no easer way than winter hash
Winter Hash
Guess you could use dry ice with my method also. I would wait till pieces get small or will mash your leaves to dust

Hi, i use Bubble Bag's from Amazon Bubble Bag Dude 5 diffrent micron sizes 220,180,120,75,25
Think I paid less than $5 for my 5-gal 100-mesh strainer bag You can get finer ones also.
Nut milk strainer bags even finer

Yeah i bought dry ice but wasn't working in my bags bought small pieces from dry ice maybe needs bigger dry ice pieces?
Your material needs to be completely dried for making dry ice hash. You're making it with dried ice(CO2). I think you're trying to make it with wet material?

Bubble bags are for making ice hash with cold water(H2O) and ice cubes which is the only option for wet material.

Cheers!

Your material needs to be completely dried for making dry ice hash. You're making it with dried ice(CO2). I think you're trying to make it with wet material?

Bubble bags are for making ice hash with cold water(H2O) and ice cubes which is the only option for wet material.

Cheers!

Hey, i belive that's true it wasn't dry enough but how you become the material so dry maybe in a oven?

Hey, i belive that's true it wasn't dry enough but how you become the material so dry maybe in a oven?
What kind of mesh(micron) are you using? You can't use bubble bags for making dry ice hash. The bags are for collecting trichomes, not letting them fall through the mesh like when you're making dry ice hash.

Have you watched the video I posted? You most definitely can use bubble bags for dry ice hash.
Nope, not watching any YouTube links. Whatever 160 micron mesh and above will do the trick! Cheers!

It was Vimeo (and it was embedded, not a link).

"There are more things in heaven and earth ... than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
—Shakespeare

You can't?

Or you can?
Now you're just being a hard ass :pLike I stated in earlier post any mesh above 160 micron will work but I think he's probably trying to use all 3-5 meshes or something like that? He still hasn't stated what mesh he's using and how long he let his material dry and cure?

Back
Top Bottom