Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I think I see a little movement in the center of the solo dollar store party cup- might just be wishful thinking, though...

I actually used a red hot nail to poke the holes, so not too long... 🙂

I was surprised at how much kief was on the trim from the 2 Wookiees- hard to believe I've just been throwing that stuff away...
BHO I've been throwing my sugar leaves away ,I gave them to a mate last time we went camping and he showed me how to make BHO and I was shocked at how much came from the sugar leaves and it was quite good too .

BHO I've been throwing my sugar leaves away ,I gave them to a mate last time we went camping and he showed me how to make BHO and I was shocked at how much came from the sugar leaves and it was quite good too .
Thanks for the link Absorber! That article does a good job of explaining why BHO gets a bad rap, but quotes like this:

"Well-executed BHO extraction methods eliminate all traces of butane during the extraction process, as residual butane evaporates and is recovered in a closed-loop vacuum system, resulting in a full spectrum extraction with no residual solvents."

and

"Closed loop extraction is the proper way to extract butane hash oil. A closed loop means the residual butane is captured and reused; any solvents exposed to the air are planned for and controlled with extensive safety systems."

really read like that's the only way to do BHO safely. They make it sound like otherwise the "myths" are real. I've seen some closed-loop extraction setups and they seem way above the capabilities of most home growers.

Has anyone here tried making dry ice bubble hash?
I was thinking of trying it.
Halloween is coming up, and many stores will be selling dry ice.

I did, and it was a hell of a lot easier than bubble hash! The only issue I had was telling when the color of the hash changed so I would know when to stop. Because of the age of my flowers (very old) the first shake and the last shake were the same color, so I ended up with a lot of plant material in it.

With more recent harvest it should be much easier to know when to stop. @Preston9mm did a tutorial on it a while back here. Also, here's a video of how to do it courtesy of Nebula Haze, which is the one I followed.

LMK if you want to borrow my bubble hash bags!

Thanks for the link Absorber! That article does a good job of explaining why BHO gets a bad rap, but quotes like this:

"Well-executed BHO extraction methods eliminate all traces of butane during the extraction process, as residual butane evaporates and is recovered in a closed-loop vacuum system, resulting in a full spectrum extraction with no residual solvents."

and

"Closed loop extraction is the proper way to extract butane hash oil. A closed loop means the residual butane is captured and reused; any solvents exposed to the air are planned for and controlled with extensive safety systems."

really read like that's the only way to do BHO safely. They make it sound like otherwise the "myths" are real. I've seen some closed-loop extraction setups and they seem way above the capabilities of most home growers.
I think the closed loop is to recover the gas to lesson the chances of it igniting from spark/flame ( more of a safety issue), when we made it we were out the bush camping and metal detecting so no chance of stray ignition.
We left jar in the sun after extraction to evaporate off then to make sure the last bit of residue cooked off I placed it in my 12v electric camping oven with door ajar .
The final product was very clean.
And like most technology's they try to make it so people can't do it themselves and have to purchase from big business

How many holes before you have to re-red the nail? :)
About 10-12, iirc- depending on how fast I poked 'em...
Might have to try throwing a coin in there next time!
Do it first without a coin, then put the coin in and shake it some more- you'll be surprised how much more you end up with :oops:
This year I had one go almost 50 hours in the glass -
Yipes! although, it takes what it takes..I just hate the waiting...⏱️
I was shocked at how much came from the sugar leaves and it was quite good too .
Very good stuff- I "overshook" the first batch, and got a lot of vegetation in it (it was green) now I've learned when to quit shaking it- it actually doesn't take much if the weed is pretty dry (almost crispy)
Has anyone here tried making dry ice bubble hash?
I personally have not tried that- but I'm pretty well satisfied with how high I get from just adding a little kief to my pipe...
I did, and it was a hell of a lot easier than bubble hash!

Both methods sound like some work- the lazy meter might take exception...😬

And like most technology's they try to make it so people can't do it themselves and have to purchase from big business
They don't know how crafty us potheads can be!
I got 4 more plants to harvest
You're gonna have weed out the wazoo!

Another Monday with not much to report, but I do have an Update on seed progress for my upcoming comparative grow with my good friend, @Trala..
True to form, I killed the first seed- thank goodness I have 2!
Actually I didn't kill it, it had a crack on the "side" of the seed, and for some reason, that seems to have done it in:
Crack in BG41 #1.jpg

I just let it go, thinking it might end up ok- but, then yesterday morning the green part had turned black- dead as an effing doornail... :rip:

So, into the water went Blue Gelato 41 #2, apx. 24 hours ago- this morning it's got a little tail, so I think this one's gonna go!:
BG41#2.jpg

So #2 will be going into the solo cup in a little while!

The solo cup is part of a little wick-watered SIP-the same one I used for Wookiee #1 on my last grow:
SIP1.jpg

They don't show in the pics, but the solo cup has about 100 1/8" holes drilled in it, to let air in to the soil/roots...

SIP2.jpg

A nice thing about the seedling SIP- I can't over or under water the seedling- the wicks seem to keep the watering "just right"...

One more thing- A couple days ago, @Grand Daddy Black showcased an item he had just acquired that put a smile on his face (you can see it here ) so, I'm going to blatantly copy him🙂, and show something I bought awhile back that that puts a smile on my face...
This:
GG1a.jpg

They call it a pollen sifter.:rolleyes:..but I think we all know what it really is- it's a kief sifter- and it works extremely well- 30 bucks, but worth it imo....it's 5" long, 3.25"wide, 2.25" deep.
It's got 3 sections:
gg2.jpg

You put your ground up weed on on the screen, put the cover on, and shake it around for awhile, and all the kief falls onto the black glass in the bottom section- it works very well...
I added the coin- it makes it work even better...

I've got a bunch of older weed, that'll probably never get smoked, so I'm harvesting the kief, and tossing the rest...the drier the weed, the better this thing works, and most of my older weed is pretty well dried out- some is leftover from over 3 years ago..

What are you doing with all that kief, you might ask- I use the kief as a source of THCA, which I've added to my twice daily CBD/CBG regimen (100mg cbd/40mg cbg/40mg kief) for the last month or so.

I also use it to boost the octane of the weed I smoke every day, and
it does a really good job of that:lot-o-toke:...

And that's about all I've got today!
Thanks for looking, I appreciate your support..:love:
I'll post an update when/if that second seed actually sprouts...

Have a great week, I'll see you next time!
Cool beans! Now I'm going to blatantly copy you and get one of these for myself! :thanks:

Damn straight 😁
Hell yes! We're smarter than we look...
I am the epitome of lazy . . .
I sense a theme here....
"Keep It Simple Stupid "
If it ain't easy, it ain't happening...
do yourself a favor and pick up a cheap soldering iron
I did that a while back...and I know it's around here somewhere...🤔
Cool beans! Now I'm going to blatantly copy you and get one of these for myself!
That is pretty blatant😠...and speaking of blatant- my measuring spoons will be here Friday. ..😜

And, in "sprout" news...this happened this morning:......me >-->😃
Hello, Barney's Farm Blue Gelato 41!
BG41 10-4-23.jpg

@Trala has a little helmet problem with hers right now,
but I'm confident she'll get it squared away soon..🤞🤞🤞

Hell yes! We're smarter than we look...

I sense a theme here....

If it ain't easy, it ain't happening...

I did that a while back...and I know it's around here somewhere...🤔

That is pretty blatant😠...and speaking of blatant- my measuring spoons will be here Friday. ..😜

And, in "sprout" news...this happened this morning:......me >-->😃
Hello, Barney's Farm Blue Gelato 41!
BG41 10-4-23.jpg

@Trala has a little helmet problem with hers right now,
but I'm confident she'll get it squared away soon..🤞🤞🤞
Congrats on the new bambino Carcass!

I would protest loudly if I didn't have a boatload of @CarcassSticks® sitting around. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mine hasn’t made it :(

But if that’s the worst thing that happens today it’s still a good day.

Can’t wait to see you make yours sing tho C Star!

We will have to rain check for your next grow. Xo

We will have to rain check for your next grow. Xo

I'll clear my schedule right now! 😃 ...who am I kidding- I don't have a "schedule."...

Back
Top Bottom