Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Congrats on the great Wookie yields, Carcass! They're both goodly amounts for autos. Or, that is, Goody amounts. ;)

Get a canna leaf, scrunch it and add it to your jar and the humidity will rise. Just make sure to remove the leaf.
Thanks, T!
I've used a little strip of paper towel hung from the lid, with a couple drops of water on it to get the RH up in the jars-
(because by this time in the grow, I usually have no leaves to put in there :) )

I try and get them into the jars 5 or 6 points wetter than I want them to end up, so, unless I "overburp" them, they can't get too dry...I'll usually do the paper towel thing after they've been in "storage" for a few months...The Boveda 62's help, but even with those, they can still dry out after quite a few months in the closet...

Congrats on the great Wookie yields, Carcass! They're both goodly amounts for autos. Or, that is, Goody amounts. ;)
Thank You, HashGirl!🙏
" Goody" amounts is kinda catchy..🙂I'll bet Justin agrees!
What a weigh in Carcass! Congratulations.
Thanks so much, HH- it was a little more than I expected, which doesn't happen very often...
good luck with the next round of marshmallow testing!
I failed that test with my little "nite cap" yesterday evening...it actually tasted pretty good, pre-cure.
Oh, and I got pretty well zooted too...🤪

Another Monday with not much to report, but I do have an Update on seed progress for my upcoming comparative grow with my good friend, @Trala..
True to form, I killed the first seed- thank goodness I have 2!
Actually I didn't kill it, it had a crack on the "side" of the seed, and for some reason, that seems to have done it in:
Crack in BG41 #1.jpg

I just let it go, thinking it might end up ok- but, then yesterday morning the green part had turned black- dead as an effing doornail... :rip:

So, into the water went Blue Gelato 41 #2, apx. 24 hours ago- this morning it's got a little tail, so I think this one's gonna go!:
BG41#2.jpg

So #2 will be going into the solo cup in a little while!

The solo cup is part of a little wick-watered SIP-the same one I used for Wookiee #1 on my last grow:
SIP1.jpg

They don't show in the pics, but the solo cup has about 100 1/8" holes drilled in it, to let air in to the soil/roots...

SIP2.jpg

A nice thing about the seedling SIP- I can't over or under water the seedling- the wicks seem to keep the watering "just right"...

One more thing- A couple days ago, @Grand Daddy Black showcased an item he had just acquired that put a smile on his face (you can see it here ) so, I'm going to blatantly copy him🙂, and show something I bought awhile back that that puts a smile on my face...
This:
GG1a.jpg

They call it a pollen sifter.:rolleyes:..but I think we all know what it really is- it's a kief sifter- and it works extremely well- 30 bucks, but worth it imo....it's 5" long, 3.25"wide, 2.25" deep.
It's got 3 sections:
gg2.jpg

You put your ground up weed on on the screen, put the cover on, and shake it around for awhile, and all the kief falls onto the black glass in the bottom section- it works very well...
I added the coin- it makes it work even better...

I've got a bunch of older weed, that'll probably never get smoked, so I'm harvesting the kief, and tossing the rest...the drier the weed, the better this thing works, and most of my older weed is pretty well dried out- some is leftover from over 3 years ago..

What are you doing with all that kief, you might ask- I use the kief as a source of THCA, which I've added to my twice daily CBD/CBG regimen (100mg cbd/40mg cbg/40mg kief) for the last month or so.

I also use it to boost the octane of the weed I smoke every day, and
it does a really good job of that:lot-o-toke:...

And that's about all I've got today!
Thanks for looking, I appreciate your support..:love:
I'll post an update when/if that second seed actually sprouts...

Have a great week, I'll see you next time!

Another Monday with not much to report, but I do have an Update on seed progress for my upcoming comparative grow with my good friend, @Trala..
Actually I didn't kill it, it had a crack on the "side" of the seed, and for some reason, that seems to have done it in:
Crack in BG41 #1.jpg

I just let it go, thinking it might end up ok- but, then yesterday morning the green part had turned black- dead as an effing doornail... :rip:

So, into the water went Blue Gelato 41 #2, apx. 24 hours ago- this morning it's got a little tail, so I think this one's gonna go!:
BG41#2.jpg

The solo cup is part of a little wick-watered SIP-the same one I used for Wookiee #1 on my last grow:
SIP1.jpg

They don't show in the pics, but the solo cup has about 100 1/8" holes drilled in it, to let air in to the soil/roots...

SIP2.jpg

A nice thing about the seedling SIP- I can't over or under water the seedling- the wicks seem to keep the watering "just right"...

One more thing- A couple days ago, @Grand Daddy Black showcased an item he had just acquired that put a smile on his face (you can see it here ) so, I'm going to blatantly copy him🙂, and show something I bought awhile back that that puts a smile on my face...
This:
GG1a.jpg

They call it a pollen sifter.:rolleyes:..but I think we all know what it really is- it's a kief sifter- and it works extremely well- 30 bucks, but worth it imo....it's 5" long, 3.25"wide, 2.25" deep.
It's got 3 sections:
gg2.jpg

You put your ground up weed on on the screen, put the cover on, and shake it around for awhile, and all the kief falls onto the black glass in the bottom section- it works very well...
I added the coin- it makes it work even better...

I've got a bunch of older weed, that'll probably never get smoked, so I'm harvesting the kief, and tossing the rest...the drier the weed, the better this thing works, and most of my older weed is pretty well dried out- some is leftover from over 3 years ago..

What are you doing with all that kief, you might ask- I use the kief as a source of THCA, which I've added to my twice daily CBD/CBG regimen (100mg cbd/40mg cbg/40mg kief) for the last month or so.

I also use it to boost the octane of the weed I smoke every day, and
it does a really good job of that:lot-o-toke:...

And that's about all I've got today!
Thanks for looking, I appreciate your support..:love:
I'll post an update when/if that second seed actually sprouts...

Have a great week, I'll see you next time!
That is cool. It looks like great craftsmanship.

That is cool. It looks like great craftsmanship.
Thanks, Keith- I was surprised at how well it all fits together. My grinder also has a kief screen, but this thing will sift about 4 times as much as the grinder- not that I'm in a hurry, but it's also a little less work, and I'm all for that!
Good Luck Carcass, strange outcome on 1st attempt!
Thank You, Deeve- yeah, When I saw that green through the crack, I thought "well, that looks healthy"
But, obviously, I was waayy wrong about that... 🤔

BG#2 is in the solo cup now- so the waiting game begins....🤞

Omg mine went straight into dirt. My anxiety is high.
I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about- you really shine at waking them up👍🌱!

That's great news, T!
I'm still waiting and watching...27 hours in the cup, but no action yet...
I'll keep ya posted- something should happen soon...🕰️...

Two is always better than one, though you have been having much better luck lately with seeds. :)
Oof! I had one do that and it was really annoying. I just wanted to yell at it "Wrong side goofball!" :grrrr:

Mine also ended up looking dead and got tossed.
Nice tail...now we wait. :popcorn:
I can never tell if those are Grow Dots or a cup from a kid's birthday party!
They don't show in the pics, but the solo cup has about 100 1/8" holes drilled in it
Jeez how long did that take?
They call it a pollen sifter
Sweet purchase...classy and useful at the same time. :noice:

Nice tail...now we wait. :popcorn:
I think I see a little movement in the center of the solo dollar store party cup- might just be wishful thinking, though...
Jeez how long did that take?
I actually used a red hot nail to poke the holes, so not too long... 🙂
Sweet purchase...classy and useful at the same time. :noice:
I was surprised at how much kief was on the trim from the 2 Wookiees- hard to believe I've just been throwing that stuff away...

That's great news, T!
I'm still waiting and watching...27 hours in the cup, but no action yet...
I'll keep ya posted- something should happen soon...🕰️...
Hiya Carcass!
This year I had one go almost 50 hours in the glass - and she turned out OK.
Mimosa.

Back
Top Bottom