What is the best way to make Hash with a leafy foxtail plant?

For dry ice you use dried cured product. Take a half pound or so of dry ice pellets and about 4 to 5 oz of cured tops or trim. Then let it sit in the dry ice for about 5 minutes. You are freezing the tricomes. Then I put my bag over the clean food grade 5 gal. bucket and start to shake. The bucket catches the kief preventing it from blooming all over the room. When you have run this until you start to see green then stop. Use a credit card or a plastic putty knife to collect the kief. After that follow Frenchie's instructions on youtube to press it into tiles.

For dry ice you use dried cured product. Take a half pound or so of dry ice pellets and about 4 to 5 oz of cured tops or trim. Then let it sit in the dry ice for about 5 minutes. You are freezing the tricomes. Then I put my bag over the clean food grade 5 gal. bucket and start to shake. The bucket catches the kief preventing it from blooming all over the room. When you have run this until you start to see green then stop. Use a credit card or a plastic putty knife to collect the kief. After that follow Frenchie's instructions on youtube to press it into tiles.
How can you see if the kief is starting to look green if you're catching it in a bucket with a bag on top? I thought the reason it's done over a smooth open surface is to be able to watch it as it falls and note the color change.

How can you see if the kief is starting to look green if you're catching it in a bucket with a bag on top? I thought the reason it's done over a smooth open surface is to be able to watch it as it falls and note the color change.
You misunderstood I never attach the bag to the bucket. I only shake it into the bucket. To see you lift the bag. With an open surface you can get it all over your walls and furniture. And those don't get high.

Hey how you will make Hash with that Buds do you would dry it longer ore are they ready?

IMG_20231029_110143.jpg
IMG_20231029_110132.jpg
IMG_20231029_110127.jpg

It is really hard to tell how dry the buds are by looking at photos

If the small individual buds break off the stem easily then they probably are dry enough. If it is easy to crumble up the buds for smoking then they probably are dry enough.
But how prep then for the ice water method? Crumble between hands to powder?

No, not to powder. Probably no smaller than what would be used to roll up a joint or whatever you want to call it. Just break it up enough that it is not a long 'cola' and that it is not powder.

If it is crumbled up into powder then most likely more plant material will fall through the holes along with the trichomes.

It is explained in some of the other threads on ice hash in this same forum that you posted this thread. Just look at the forum list and start reading to get other thoughts on how to prep.

I always let mine do a cure for a while. That way the tricomes have matured so when the dry ice cold hits them they fall off. Works for me. I have never 'washed' my bud but the hash came out pretty good. Have to heat it with a knife to whittle off some of the good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom