Making my tent light tight?!

Outragedpluto

Hello everyone, I first want to thank you for stopping by and giving some input. I am looking for some help on a light issue. I do not need to worry about smell so i do not have a carbon filter on my exhaust. This makes a very large opening into my tent. I have peaked into my tent when the grow lights are off and i can see the light coming in from the exhaust. My inline fan says it is not intended for carbon filters. Does this mean i can not put anything in the way of the fan. I have some simple filter material, could i possibly use this any where?? I just want to make sure that i am not creating a fire hazard with what ever i do. I will upload some pictures here soon to maybe help. Thanks again for any help!!!!!
:thanks::welcome::Namaste::circle-of-love::420:

Re: Making my tent light tight?!?!

hey pluto your not worried about it when lights r on right?
only when lights off?
my tent has a cinch on the opening so you can close it
if yours doesn't have that id just say cover it with something on lights off
or
you can get a box cardboard of appropriate size
cut of the top and one side if its a rectangle box cut off one short side
get some duct tape and tape it over the hole with the opening facing down

if i can find a box ill cut it up and take a pic for you as an example how to cut it the only other thing is it has to be big enough that
when you tape it on
the top has to be just about flush with the top of the opening and the box has to be long enough so the light cant get all the way up to where the hole is

argh i cant find a box to use
but i think you get the idea of what i mean?>
if not lemme know and ill elaborate

I think I get what you mean. Something like what you would find on a tractors exhaust. The flap that is able to open when the engine in on but falls closed when the Engine shuts off. I will fashion something up when I get home from work. Thanks for the idea!!!

And now that I re read your posts. It's not what you meant. But I see what your are saying. Basically another obstacle for the light to bend around. Even making the inside of that said box flat black would help. Thanks again for the post!!!

that would work too
cardboard box and duct tape is cheaper tho lol
although the ducting might require less work

Back
Top Bottom