Making Your Own Nutrient Concentrates

So its good but do i ignore 1.8 end bloom and keep 2.5?

I swapped my hydrotank
200l a222. 22 b 95.23

Do i need to add more or use a booster? Im week 5 flower

If I were using MC 2 part, I would go 4.2/2.5 for the whole grow. K is a little too rich for my liking, but K is an element that a plant can almost not OD on.

They're fading out quick now. The Trip Cheese that's all yellow is about 7.5 weeks in, I don't even think I should let her go the full 8, let alone the 9 I was giving them all previously.

thumbnail.jpg

They're fading out quick now. The Trip Cheese that's all yellow is about 7.5 weeks in, I don't even think I should let her go the full 8, let alone the 9 I was giving them all previously.

thumbnail.jpg

Noted, since I just flipped my Triple Cheese on Thanksgiving.

Wish ya cud share hydro pofiles lol.
The bloody program hates me bad haha
I wana make my owj salt nutes to replace MC and fix the N issues advertised you can fix.

Different profiles npk for each week in first pages.. Do u adjust every element each week then or just 1 part like MC?

I find it fascinating and like learning hands on better pcs hate me and read and type aint strong if onoy i coukd jump in ur fert room.
U seriously need a youtube channel lol

Wish ya cud share hydro pofiles lol.
The bloody program hates me bad haha
I wana make my owj salt nutes to replace MC and fix the N issues advertised you can fix.

Different profiles npk for each week in first pages.. Do u adjust every element each week then or just 1 part like MC?

I find it fascinating and like learning hands on better pcs hate me and read and type aint strong if onoy i coukd jump in ur fert room.
U seriously need a youtube channel lol

I only make adjustments when I see problems, but I seek to discover the best feeding program and stick to it. Right now my Veg and Bloom routines are near identical except I use more P in veg and more K in bloom. If Hydro Buddy is too difficult for you, perhaps Farside (or someone else) will share their spreadsheet with you as they do the same thing ... calculate nutes. I just happen to be more comfortable with HB, but any nute calc will do the trick. If you want to tailor a regimen for each phase or week of growth, that's fine, I did that too. In fact reverse engineering GH's line wil lead you down that road, but for my current grow, with me having plants at every age all of the time, it's wildly impractical for me to want to give everyone a different menu, so I just make a regimen for the veg closet and another for the bloom room.

HB has a couple minor quirks that make it maybe difficult to first get past the gate. The first few posts of this site detail how to figure it out though.
Too bad the developer isn’t here anymore (and that the posts he had up here were deleted :( because they were super helpful) -but he does have a site somewhere.

There are quite a lot of nutrient calculators out there now including some phone apps. I did actually pay for one that seemed to be a HB knockoff but it had some glitches and the developer wouldn’t answer emails so I deleted it. I may try another since my phone is my main computer these day.

HB's creator's name is Daniel Fernandez and his site is scienceinhydroponics(dot)com, that's where we download the app from. The biggest flaw I hate is that it won't allow me to target sulfur, so I am powerless to achieve the heights of S I want to test. Perhaps the spreadsheets aren't limited in that way, but I never tried to find out. His site though is a WEALTH of knowledge. He's got blog posts posted for maybe the last 6 years and each post isn't too lengthy of a read, each article is thoroughly hyperlinked supporting studies and other resources. It's evident that Daniel's specialty is nutrients and botany and not so much coding or app building. I'm sure someone will make a bug free nute calculator sooner or later.

Hey Sky, How you doing buddy? Garden looks great!

I'm doing pretty good, just tryna keep it all together in this year of 2020. How you been? Sorry if I fell off, I stopped keeping up with journals months ago including my own.

I was just about to make a post about the usefulness of a 3D printer. With it, I was able to design/print a custom mount bracket as well as the taco looking thing for a salvaged PC fan to convert the cylinder of air into a thin column, perfect for quick drying buds which is essential for a grow like mine where there's frequent harvests.

IMG_20201205_113717263_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201205_113726952.jpg

Also, due to rapid fading in bloom, I just chopped 3 plants in 1 week and my veg stockpile was depleted quickly, so I have to bite the bullet and potted up one of the smallest plants into a bloom pot to allow the others to catch up and root out the pots they're now in. Everyone looks healthy though save for minor K deficiencies that I will tolerate. The def isn't caused by lack of K, but the dryness in the air I've read instigates K def and this has proven true every winter I ever grew during. If I jack the K up much more, the Ca will be affected and we can't have that. I finally got bloom branches to mostly hold their own weight which allows for bigger buds, so a little leaf damage is a small tradeoff.

IMG_20201205_113739824_HDR.jpg

Oh WOW, I just noticed that I really need to sweep up in there, lol.

I'm doing pretty good, just tryna keep it all together in this year of 2020. How you been? Sorry if I fell off, I stopped keeping up with journals months ago including my own.

I was just about to make a post about the usefulness of a 3D printer. With it, I was able to design/print a custom mount bracket as well as the taco looking thing for a salvaged PC fan to convert the cylinder of air into a thin column, perfect for quick drying buds which is essential for a grow like mine where there's frequent harvests.

IMG_20201205_113717263_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201205_113726952.jpg

Also, due to rapid fading in bloom, I just chopped 3 plants in 1 week and my veg stockpile was depleted quickly, so I have to bite the bullet and potted up one of the smallest plants into a bloom pot to allow the others to catch up and root out the pots they're now in. Everyone looks healthy though save for minor K deficiencies that I will tolerate. The def isn't caused by lack of K, but the dryness in the air I've read instigates K def and this has proven true every winter I ever grew during. If I jack the K up much more, the Ca will be affected and we can't have that. I finally got bloom branches to mostly hold their own weight which allows for bigger buds, so a little leaf damage is a small tradeoff.

IMG_20201205_113739824_HDR.jpg

Oh WOW, I just noticed that I really need to sweep up in there, lol.
You're busy as always,. that's good. I'm fine so far. The garden's been putting out good for me. 3d printing sounds great. There's a project for every thought I bet. @CraZysWeeD does a bunch of it.

Everybody should have a 3d printer :)

I bet in 10-20 years tops every home will have one installed in their house, printing everything needed for living. Stuff, food and medicine... think of it; Cannabis filament for making edibles. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Everybody should have a 3d printer :)

I bet in 10-20 years tops every home will have one installed in their house, printing everything needed for living. Stuff, food and medicine... think of it; Cannabis filament for making edibles. :cheesygrinsmiley:

What printer(s) you have? I have a Tevo Tarantula classic and an MPCNC that I'm fussing with Marlin and a 32 bit board.

Dang, it was an N deficiency, but very minor IMO as it doesn't show until roughly week 7, so I bumped total N up 10 more PPM (5% NH4), and also took the liberty to add a sliver more K to combat the dry air. I hope it doesn't cause too much of a Cation conflict with Calcium. I always worry about calcium.

Veg.JPG
Bloom.JPG
IMG_20201206_201611208.jpg

Dang k from air drynes... Wow there is that example if vpd eh.
Always heard deficencys and exess come when vpd is out of perfection theres a chart somwhere. First time i seen someone link it to air.. correctly so. Respect brah u jist showed me why mine is oit too.
Slight off yellowing and my rh has been 38% humidi broke last week and heating on in house for winter.

Ill go get 2 tomorow

the yellowing is N def. K def is when the edges burn or the intervenial areas get little slits or holes. More severe K def is when the leaves gnarl and get dry/crispy. I'm addressing 2 minor deficiencies in my feed adjustments. That is a major perk of using salts, I can change things feed to feed if I want. It's easier now that I mix drain to waste, but when I was recirculation, I still could make changes weekly, or sooner if I didn't mind wasting 10 gallons to start a new.

What printer(s) you have? I have a Tevo Tarantula classic and an MPCNC that I'm fussing with Marlin and a 32 bit board.

I only have one atm but I will probably expand my laser cutting rig with a Z axis later but my printer started out as an Creality Ender 5 Pro, the only thing left on it that's Creality is the framing and steppers. I run it with a 32 bit SKR 1.4 Turbo board with Marlin 2 and a DD extruder I printed for it. Next upgrades for it will probably be a geared dual drive extruder with more precise stepper.

Back
Top Bottom