Male or Female

• Male

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Female

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Mike14

420 Member
Hey guys need a hand again. We started an indoor grow about 7-8 weeks ago, she's about 2.5-3ft tall. Switched over to bloom recently and my buddy swears we got a male. It was supposed to be feminized seeds. He wants to yank it and start over rather than wait. I've convinced him to give it another week, so we can see the sex better. Can you guys give your best bet on if this is a female or male, or is it too early to tell.

Attachments

• 20201002_185524.jpg
    20201002_185524.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20201002_185439.jpg
    20201002_185439.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 89
  • 20201002_185412.jpg
    20201002_185412.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 86
no question bout the third one,, paint the room blue friend,, cheers

You guys are seeing no pisils, right, that is the "tell"?
20201002_210605.jpg
In this particular case it was more seeing the male parts rather then not seeing female, no female bits can be a sign she is just a baby. One you see male bits is how I decide. Just for the fun of the doodle in white circle is where I saw a shoot that was the proper shoot coming from a node however the left blue circled bit also had a stem so it was this that gave it away.

1601691341009.png

In this particular case it was more seeing the male parts rather then not seeing female, no female bits can be a sign she is just a baby. One you see male bits is how I decide. Just for the fun of the doodle in white circle is where I saw a shoot that was the proper shoot coming from a node however the left blue circled bit also had a stem so it was this that gave it away.

1601691341009.png
:thanks:

it is the fact that the object is 'pulled' away from the stem,,there is seperation there,, never with a female

and,, the object is more male shaped than female,, subtle, but there

1601691341009.png

the white bordered area is normal leafage,, the blue are two male flowers,, near as i can tell,,

it is possible to tell from the earliest of appearance of those 'objects' ,, tho not from a pic,,

look at that third pic and look at the shape of that 'object' , very much a 'tear drop' shape,, that is the male shape,, the female,, could be called tear drop shape,, but is more elongated,, ,, lacking the curves of a tear drop,, noticeable from the absolute beginning,, but one must micro look

one more thing,, i grow lots of photos so i look real close when i need to,, the male 'object' looks like it is made up of more than one leaf,, tho not so much in your pic,, the female 'object' never looks like two leaves,, only one smooth rounded leaf

look at that third pic and look at the shape of that 'object' , very much a 'tear drop' shape,, that is the male shape,, the female,, could be called tear drop shape,, but is more elongated,, ,, lacking the curves of a tear drop,, noticeable from the absolute beginning,, but one must micro look
20201002_213125.jpg
Forgive me :bong: this circled 'object' is "circle-y" in the pic and if it was less so and elongated like a tear drop, sort of stretched, it would appear female. Am I close?

or is it too early to tell.

You can generally tell by that age even if you haven't switched to a flowering light schedule yet. Just have to look closely (magnification helps, especially if you're half-blind like me).

Appreciate all the input guys! Looks like we're back to square one again ‍
Luckily its the only plant in the tent right now. We have a few outside thankfully but this is our first in the tent. Disappointing and now were scared we'll get another instead of female. They were supposed to be feminized, hopefully just bad luck on the first one

20201002_213125.jpg
Forgive me :bong: this circled 'object' is "circle-y" in the pic and if it was less so and elongated like a tear drop, sort of stretched, it would appear female. Am I close?

I have this now and it helped follow along better. :nomo:
"male and female flowers look alike. After maturing some, the male flowers grow a teeny tiny stalk and allow it to hang over. In the end, male flowers look like a "crab claw" and females look like a "spade" from a deck of cards."

I didn't mean to highjack your thread @Mike14 , just tried to take advantage of the think tank. Sorry about the male!

20201002_213125.jpg
one more thing,, i grow lots of photos so i look real close when i need to,, the male 'object' looks like it is made up of more than one leaf,, tho not so much in your pic,, the female 'object' never looks like two leaves,, only one smooth rounded leaf

ok,, the 'crab claw',, is a good way to describe it,, that is what i meant when i mentioned that the male 'object' looks like it has 'more than one leaf'

cheers

ok,, the 'crab claw',, is a good way to describe it,, that is what i meant when i mentioned that the male 'object' looks like it has 'more than one leaf'

cheers
It is totally me, I generally say, nah wtf I don't see it. I just need it spelled out. I thought I got it and now I do, thanks!

the interesting thing is that these features are noticeable right away,, as soon as one can see the 'object', just gotta look real real close

it is important when growing photos, obviously because one does not want to expend any more energy than necessary if the plant is male,,

so i look real real close, indeed,, and am not perfect predicting at first sign,, but darn near perfect. oh, i usually let the plant grow out a bit more anyway, just to be darn sure

I have this now and it helped follow along better. :nomo:
"male and female flowers look alike. After maturing some, the male flowers grow a teeny tiny stalk and allow it to hang over. In the end, male flowers look like a "crab claw" and females look like a "spade" from a deck of cards."

I didn't mean to highjack your thread @Mike14 , just tried to take advantage of the think tank. Sorry about the male!
Never apologize for being helpful and giving extra info brother. That's what we're here for :)

Back
Top Bottom