Marijuana For Medical Use Has Got Bad Rap

PFlynn

As a "legal" medical marijuana user, I applaud the courage of these people who are taking on the "establishment," in order to provide relief to other sufferers.

I know all too well the problems medical marijuana users face, from being unable to access the medication that works, to being forced to utilize "legal" drugs, to being ostracized by the community.

When you consider that marijuana is a very benign medication compared to oxycontin or morphine, with far fewer side effects and much less cost, it baffles me why so many people are against it.

Mayor Gary Korpan, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, and a great many other people in positions of power, have obviously never had to deal with the many painful, debilitating medical conditions that are currently considered "acceptable" for legal medical marijuana use. Perhaps they should walk in the shoes of others, before they make their comments regarding medical marijuana.

News Hawk: PFlynn - 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Nanaimo Daily News (CB BC)
Copyright: 2008 Nanaimo Daily News

Great post, and i agree completly. I used to have to take so many "legal" perscription pills that gave me nasty side effects. Not anymore!!! Cannabis is the all healing plant and should be praised and loved not feared and hated.

You want to know why people are against it simple, follow the money my friend just follow the money.

That was a Canadian publication and Canada has few MCDs in the entire country. You bet that's tough. Canadian Parliment is not as progressive as the media leads us to believe.

In California where medical cannabis was legalized by our voters in the year 1997, the entire system of medical cannabis distribution and sales is still in its infancy. You gotta crawl beore you walk.

We Californians have spent 10+ years fighting to increase the "legitimacy of medical marijuana"...yet still, according to our Federal Government, that is an oxymoron. :peace::cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom