Marijuana Smoking Leads To Rule Changes

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
DEL MAR -- People who attend reggae concerts at the Del Mar Fairgrounds will be subject to a new pat-down policy designed to prevent blatant marijuana smoking, it was reported today by the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The new policy was approved Tuesday by the 22nd District Agricultural Association, which governs the state-owned venue. It does not apply to the dozens of other types of concerts and events held at the fairgrounds, according to the Union-Tribune.

The policy was created in response to complaints about blatant marijuana smoking during a Ziggy Marley reggae concert last year. In addition to the pat-down rule, the policy includes a provision that restricts reggae shows to adults 21 and older, the newspaper reported.

The controversy over the marijuana smoking apparently helped spawn a new tobacco policy, too.

In addition to the pat-down policy, the agricultural association approved a cigarette smoking ban on Tuesday that will allow smoking only in designated areas, the Union-Tribune reported.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: 10News.com KGTV
Copyright: 2008 City Wire

DEL MAR -- People who attend reggae concerts at the Del Mar Fairgrounds will be subject to a new pat-down policy designed to prevent blatant marijuana smoking, it was reported today by the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The new policy was approved Tuesday by the 22nd District Agricultural Association, which governs the state-owned venue. It does not apply to the dozens of other types of concerts and events held at the fairgrounds, according to the Union-Tribune.

The policy was created in response to complaints about blatant marijuana smoking during a Ziggy Marley reggae concert last year. In addition to the pat-down rule, the policy includes a provision that restricts reggae shows to adults 21 and older, the newspaper reported.

The controversy over the marijuana smoking apparently helped spawn a new tobacco policy, too.

In addition to the pat-down policy, the agricultural association approved a cigarette smoking ban on Tuesday that will allow smoking only in designated areas, the Union-Tribune reported.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: 10News.com KGTV
Copyright: 2008 City Wire
Wow I wont be attending reggae fest @ Del Mar anymore

Come on Californians. Its illegal for them to touch you. If one of these nazi gestapo assholes touch you. you have the right to defend yourself. I would love to go just to prove the point.

Come on Californians. Its illegal for them to touch you. If one of these nazi gestapo assholes touch you. you have the right to defend yourself. I would love to go just to prove the point.
i've been searched for decades going into all sorts of events, from concerts to baseball games etc. and it was always voluntary. you step up they either ask you to search or make gestures to indicate what they want. plus you've stood in line and watched others go through the procedure. so its no surprise to you when they want to search you. i've never seen anyone searched after refusing to be searched. you just don't get in. on private property (most venues are) its not about rights, its about your choices. once your on the inside your definitely playing by their rules. It probably says so on the back of your ticket. so to go to some event just to prove a point seems senseless to me. you won't get in. you make it hard on some person just doing their job and trying to make a buck. and you also would be depicted as a trouble making pot head thus hurting rather than helping the cause. a better action would be boycott or picket the venue. organize a letter or email campaign. do something positive.
:peace:

Its been quite a while sense I've been to a concert but I have never been searched. I'm one of those people that are very sensitive about being touched.

Its been quite a while sense I've been to a concert but I have never been searched. I'm one of those people that are very sensitive about being touched.

if you had a doctors note about touch sensitivity . . . :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom