Masters, can you identify the problem of my weed please?

Nittaman

Hello,
i am growing now with mixture of coco coir, perlite and compost.

I feed my weeds 2-3times a week with Mother earth liquid craft grow. 3ml per 1litor and sensi mag-cal xtra once a week 2ml per litor.

My plants seems getting damaged and spots are showing on the lower leaves.

is this nute burn or some deficiency?

please help me from your experience masters! Thanks!

20230411_123112.jpg

20230411_123103.jpg

20230411_123055.jpg

20230411_123048.jpg

20230411_123042.jpg

Hey Nittaman!!! Easy peasy! No worries but you can’t do the wet dry cycle in coco coir….

coco coir is inert, there are zero nutrients in coco to sustain a plant. it’s merely a place where roots can dwell- if you provide the right nutrients and hydration to the plant above.

Coco coir is considered as passive hydro - plants grown in coco need to be fed nutes every day. Ph needs to be set to 5.8, coco should never be allowed to dry out. Feed to slight runoff each time…

when you mix your soup it helps to make small fresh batches and not let it sit around for days. Some nutrients can bloom bad bacteria if left sitting. Fill your container with water, add the cal-mag first, smoke break- stir & wait 15 minutes, add the NPK, stir & wait, adjust ph to 5.8 and feed the plant.

your coco has turned hydrophobic, it resists water. Put her in the kitchen sink and bottom soak in plain water for 10 minutes, be sure plant doesn’t tip over, after bottom soaking for 10 minutes - drain the sink water and slowly pour half a gallon of feed water mixed like suggested above on top. Again - never let coco coir dry out…never give her plain water. It’s called fertigate, it means fertilize (with nutrients) and irrigate at same time so it’s nutes plus water every time with ph set to 5.8

I’m dirty dirt guy but this is pretty much dead nuts on requirements for growing in coco.

honestly she looks pretty dang good I’m surprised you got this far in coco without hitting the wall!!!

@Bill284 is one of the coco masters and he will swing by very soon hopefully to confirm and correct any flubs on my part!

Hey Nittaman!!! Easy peasy! No worries but you can’t do the wet dry cycle in coco coir….

coco coir is inert, there are zero nutrients in coco to sustain a plant. it’s merely a place where roots can dwell- if you provide the right nutrients and hydration to the plant above.

Coco coir is considered as passive hydro - plants grown in coco need to be fed nutes every day. Ph needs to be set to 5.8, coco should never be allowed to dry out. Feed to slight runoff each time…

when you mix your soup it helps to make small fresh batches and not let it sit around for days. Some nutrients can bloom bad bacteria if left sitting. Fill your container with water, add the cal-mag first, smoke break- stir & wait 15 minutes, add the NPK, stir & wait, adjust ph to 5.8 and feed the plant.

your coco has turned hydrophobic, it resists water. Put her in the kitchen sink and bottom soak in plain water for 10 minutes, be sure plant doesn’t tip over, after bottom soaking for 10 minutes - drain the sink water and slowly pour half a gallon of feed water mixed like suggested above on top. Again - never let coco coir dry out…never give her plain water. It’s called fertigate, it means fertilize (with nutrients) and irrigate at same time so it’s nutes plus water every time with ph set to 5.8

I’m dirty dirt guy but this is pretty much dead nuts on requirements for growing in coco.

honestly she looks pretty dang good I’m surprised you got this far in coco without hitting the wall!!!

@Bill284 is one of the coco masters and he will swing by very soon hopefully to confirm and correct any flubs on my part!

Thank you 013!

i completely didnt know you cant dry out the coco.

Ok, i from your advice i just boght the Ph tester in amazon.

I didnt do any thing with the ph so far.

🤟thanks again master!

Idk that Bill will be able to add much else that’s spot on advice.
I don’t grow coco but I’ve seen enough advice given on the site to know you follow that and you’ll be money!

Smokingwings, the cococoir that i use now is self blended. About 50 coco, 30compost and 20 perlite.
Ah, a custom blend. Mine is 50% Compost, 25% Peat Moss (instead of coco coir) and 25% Perlite. Then I add some of the usual amendments based on the volume I have mixed up.

I would think that the blend you have mixed would be very close to needing the usual hydro rules for watering and feeding schedules, but not needing them 100% of the time. The organic material in the compost should help retain some water plus handle some of the nutrient needs. I recommend planning on a fertilizing schedule along the way. Almost certainly will need something extra by the time the plants are ready to start flowering.

Ah, a custom blend. Mine is 50% Compost, 25% Peat Moss (instead of coco coir) and 25% Perlite. Then I add some of the usual amendments based on the volume I have mixed up.

I would think that the blend you have mixed would be very close to needing the usual hydro rules for watering and feeding schedules, but not needing them 100% of the time. The organic material in the compost should help retain some water plus handle some of the nutrient needs. I recommend planning on a fertilizing schedule along the way. Almost certainly will need something extra by the time the plants are ready to start flowering.
Thanks smokingWings!
I just bought this ready for flowering phase. First i thought my plants were having nute burns, i will change my feeding schedule trying not to overwater but more frequently with nutes!

Screenshot_20230412_082101_Chrome.jpg

I just bought this ready for flowering phase.
I do not use that line of fertilizers though I have seen it on the shelves in the stores so I can't really help with it. A fair number of the hydro style growers here have used it. Maybe do a search looking for others who have used the products and picking though the threads for info and tips.

You dont want the coco drying out.
As said you cant really over water coco when feeding.
That being said you can feed to often.
So feed your lets say 8l pot 10l of water at feed time as long as she is not sitting in the run of np.
Now feed your lady 5 times a day 2l each time is something you dont want to be doing.
Best example i could give

PS. coco can become a real commitment hand feeding in flower

;)

And I don't think you can overwater coco. I'm also not a coco grower but I've heard @Bill284 echo the comments above plenty of times about not letting it dry out.
Coco has a couple simple parameters.
Put calmag in your plain water first every time.
Then full strength nutrients according to the schedule.
Then set ph to 5.8 exactly.
Lastly feed every day, keeping coco wet at all time's.
Never let it dry out or give plain water.
Follow these simple rules and your garden will be terrific. :thumb:
Any questions let me know.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

You dont want the coco drying out.
As said you cant really over water coco when feeding.
That being said you can feed to often.
So feed your lets say 8l pot 10l of water at feed time as long as she is not sitting in the run of np.
Now feed your lady 5 times a day 2l each time is something you dont want to be doing.
Best example i could give

PS. coco can become a real commitment hand feeding in flower

;)

Coco has a couple simple parameters.
Put calmag in your plain water first every time.
Then full strength nutrients according to the schedule.
Then set ph to 5.8 exactly.
Lastly feed every day, keeping coco wet at all time's.
Never let it dry out or give plain water.
Follow these simple rules and your garden will be terrific. :thumb:
Any questions let me know.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

I started to feed my ladys every morning with calmag and Mother earth liquid.
Also transplanted to a bigger pot.

They look really happy and healthy!

Thanks for the great advice masters!

20230414_074646.jpg

20230414_074640.jpg

20230414_074630.jpg

I started to feed my ladys every morning with calmag and Mother earth liquid.
Also transplanted to a bigger pot.

They look really happy and healthy!

Thanks for the great advice masters!

20230414_074646.jpg

20230414_074640.jpg

20230414_074630.jpg
Getting there.
Keep it up. :thumb:
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Back