Medal Of Honor Recipient Reveals He Was High On Marijuana When He Fought The Vietcong

Jacob Redmond

Peter Charles Lemon was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions on April 1, 1970 in Vietnam. Recently, Lemon revealed that he was high on marijuana while fighting off two waves of Vietcong and bravely defending his base.

Lemon was 20-years-old when he was stationed in Tay Ninh in Vietnam, and was serving as a Sergeant in the Army when his base was attacked shortly after he partied with the rest of his battalion.

"We were all partying the night before. We weren't expecting any action because we were in a support unit. It was the only time I ever went into combat stoned," said Lemon. "You get really alert when you are stoned because you have to be."

Lemon was positioned as a machine gunner when his army base fell under attack by Vietcong. The report does not specify how many Vietcong soldiers attacked the base, but says that they significantly outnumbered the American soldiers. From his defensive position in the base, Lemon opened fire and killed all but one of the enemy attackers, all while being wounded by grenade shrapnel. Lemon pursued the single Vietcong survivor, and managed to defeat him in hand-to-hand combat.

Despite his injuries, Lemon helped a seriously wounded comrade return to safety, and regained a strategic position in the base, although he was wounded again in the process. Vastly outnumbered by approaching Vietcong, and without a working gun, Lemon protected the base by throwing grenades and engaging in hand-to-hand combat. Lemon was wounded again, but continued to fight until he drove the Vietcong from the position.

Wounded multiple times and exposed to enemy fire, Lemon climbed atop an embankment and fired upon another wave of approaching Vietcong. Lemon successfully drove the Vietcong away before he collapsed from multiple injuries.

When Sgt. Lemon regained consciousness at an aid station, he refused medical attention until all of his comrades were treated before him. For his heroic actions, he was awarded the Medal of Honor, the highest honor awarded by the U.S. military.

Peter-Lemon.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medal Of Honor Recipient Reveals He Was High
Author: Andrew Wertz
Photo Credit: War History Online

Re: Medal Of Honor Recipient Reveals He Was High On Marijuana When He Fought The Viet

When one's life is literally on the line, cannabis will not get in your way of defending yourself. In fact, as this article alludes to, disbelievers of cannabis have no idea what frame of mind one can get in when they need to FOCUS. As a positive side effect, it probably helped him from panic and disoriented thoughts ---- yes, FOCUS. This is EXACTLY why actors, painters, musicians, singers and many, many people of the performing arts (and certainly outside the performing arts) use cannabis.

Screw the disbelievers. They have their life, we have ours....

Congratulations and commendations to this very brave American who saved many lives. And one more for the disbelievers --- yes, you can say that there is no proof that cannabis use led to this positive ending. That's ok --- we'll accept that for a response. But those same disbelievers do not have the same amount of information in front of them ---- the most CRITICAL part ---- they don't know because they haven't tried ...

Peace.
Mohawk Valley in NYS

Re: Medal Of Honor Recipient Reveals He Was High On Marijuana When He Fought The Viet

That's an amazing story. I got high twice while in Vietnam but I was more into alcohol - my loss right? What I can say is one of the times I was high our compound was attacked by machine gun fire and mortars- I remember running to my guard post with focus and calm. The VC didn't make it through the wire and the attack was quick and short but I compare it to times they dropped mortars on us and I was sleeping in a drunken stupor. I did sober up fast but not with the clarity and calm as when I was high.
I suffer from PTSD and social anxiety disorder. The only thing that helps me through touch social situations is cannibus.
I would recommend anyone who is opposed to mj - ask your kids for a joint and try it, you may be surprised to find out you liked it.

The only thing I can brag about is getting nothing but headshot on grunts in halo reach while high. This guy and everyone else whose done stuff like the article did cribbed it badass with or without having smoked.

What a great story! And what a brave man, both then and now.

I love solders and always have, these brave people are the reason we live in a free society today. Without their sacrifice we would all be living in a completely different and most likely dark world without the freedom to come to places like this and speak our minds.

To any and all veterans or still active solders reading this, I just want to give a heart felt THANK YOU for your service and for your sacrifice in seeing to it that we ALL have a free society to call home. Your ALL beautiful and selfless people and I thank God above everyday for all you do and all you have done to preserve our very lives and freedoms. I love you guys with all my heart and always have!

Cannabis prohibition tares at the very fabric of the freedom that you guys have fought so bravely and gallantly for and to deny us of any and all freedom that's come at such a high cost of human lives and suffering is wrong on any account and that's why we all need to devote ourselves to seeing to that this sacrifice is not all in vein.

:circle-of-love: :thanks:

A very touching story of one mans ability to overcome the odds and not only be brave in the face of danger but show complete compassion for his fellow soldiers. This story does show that under duress an individual can focus and do what needs to be done while under the influence of MJ. Not the typical BS stereo-type lazy and unmotivated, that our government and media would like us all to believe.

I completely agree with 420 warrior, I just wish our government would do the right thing and take care of these selfless brothers and sisters.
Living with a Vet. it is easy for me to remember to be thankful more then just 1 day a year. Everyday is veterans day as far as I am concerned.

A very touching story of one mans ability to overcome the odds and not only be brave in the face of danger but show complete compassion for his fellow soldiers. This story does show that under duress an individual can focus and do what needs to be done while under the influence of MJ. Not the typical BS stereo-type lazy and unmotivated, that our government and media would like us all to believe.

I completely agree with 420 warrior, I just wish our government would do the right thing and take care of these selfless brothers and sisters.
Living with a Vet. it is easy for me to remember to be thankful more then just 1 day a year. Everyday is veterans day as far as I am concerned.

Well said OG. Being a retired Vet and still living in and around the military, I still thank the young soldiers I see everyday.

I love solders and always have, these brave people are the reason we live in a free society today. Without their sacrifice we would all be living in a completely different and most likely dark world without the freedom to come to places like this and speak our minds.

To any and all veterans or still active solders reading this, I just want to give a heart felt THANK YOU for your service and for your sacrifice in seeing to it that we ALL have a free society to call home. Your ALL beautiful and selfless people and I thank God above everyday for all you do and all you have done to preserve our very lives and freedoms. I love you guys with all my heart and always have!

Cannabis prohibition tares at the very fabric of the freedom that you guys have fought so bravely and gallantly for and to deny us of any and all freedom that's come at such a high cost of human lives and suffering is wrong on any account and that's why we all need to devote ourselves to seeing to that this sacrifice is not all in vein.

:circle-of-love: :thanks:

Warrior you truly are a great American. Being a Vet and hearing words like that brings a tear to my eyes. Stop over to the Vets Lounge, signature below, and say high to the Heroes of past and present. Once again, Thanks.

Warrior you truly are a great American. Being a Vet and hearing words like that brings a tear to my eyes. Stop over to the Vets Lounge, signature below, and say high to the Heroes of past and present. Once again, Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words Mtn Dew. I've never been a solder myself due to my bad knees and other ailments but war history has always been a great passion of mine. I have my dad to thank for that one as he always taught me that I need to know where my freedom comes from and that it doesn't come cheap. I can remember sitting in his lap when I was a little kid and watching that show "The World At War" with him and he explaining things to me that I didn't understand and to this very day, I watch everything war related I can get my hands on, as well as reading books on the subject.

It's a mix of emotions I have about it too, because on the one hand I want so badly to be there to help our guys on the field of battle but on the other hand I know from what I've been told by those that have been there that no one should ever wish to be put in those hellish conditions, it's an inner conflict that I have lived with all my life.

Oh well, at least I have this Cannabis war to fight for and I'll fight it to my dying breath until victory is achieved once and for all! That's a promise! You guys especially deserve that of me and it's the least I can do with all the love and compassion I have in my heart! Again, thank you all so much for your service, we can never thank y'all enough, our world is a better place because of y'all.

:circle-of-love:

Thanks for the kind words Mtn Dew. I've never been a solder myself due to my bad knees and other ailments but war history has always been a great passion of mine. I have my dad to thank for that one as he always taught me that I need to know where my freedom comes from and that it doesn't come cheap. I can remember sitting in his lap when I was a little kid and watching that show "The World At War" with him and he explaining things to me that I didn't understand and to this very day, I watch everything war related I can get my hands on, as well as reading books on the subject.

It's a mix of emotions I have about it too, because on the one hand I want so badly to be there to help our guys on the field of battle but on the other hand I know from what I've been told by those that have been there that no one should ever wish to be put in those hellish conditions, it's an inner conflict that I have lived with all my life.

Oh well, at least I have this Cannabis war to fight for and I'll fight it to my dying breath until victory is achieved once and for all! That's a promise! You guys especially deserve that of me and it's the least I can do with all the love and compassion I have in my heart! Again, thank you all so much for your service, we can never thank y'all enough, our world is a better place because of y'all.

:circle-of-love:
Warrior, you are a dying breed. War bonded me to great Americans that are now my family for life, it also took some of my best friends, it is a mixed bag. Coming from a military family, my Dad was a Jarhead, it was a no brainer to serve my country.

The war to Free the Weed is a tough one, just fight the fight like your Dad taught you and Freedom will Ring. One last thing, you don't have to be a Vet to hangout in the lounge. Some of the best farmers, activist and all around good folks will share their secrets with you. Thanks Warrior.

Warrior, you are a dying breed. War bonded me to great Americans that are now my family for life, it also took some of my best friends, it is a mixed bag. Coming from a military family, my Dad was a Jarhead, it was a no brainer to serve my country.

The war to Free the Weed is a tough one, just fight the fight like your Dad taught you and Freedom will Ring. One last thing, you don't have to be a Vet to hangout in the lounge. Some of the best farmers, activist and all around good folks will share their secrets with you. Thanks Warrior.

Thanks Dew, it really means allot :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom