Medible's with nutrient burn?

User43

So I am nearing harvest time and i have made quite a few mistakes on too much nutes, is it still ok to make
cannabutter out of nute burned leaves??

The answer is yes, heck you can make cannabutter with mortar mix if desired. Kinda brings new meaning to the term “getting stoned” but plays hell on your dentures.

You can use nutrient burned leaves to make canna butter. However if it were me I would add some good bud to the mix to help with potency. Typically the burned parts of the plant leaves have cooked and dried up the trichs in that area.

Personally I start with bud washing and do a rough trim of the big fan leaves and all the burned up stuff. Then I make cobs with the all the trimmings but I do add 1/4 part of good bud to the mixture.

Flushing is largely a hydro growers concept and does not change the taste or flavor of your buds. I’m an Organic or living soil grower and I save the prospect of flushing for just in case I screw up and put a way too hot nute mixture in and burn up my plant. Then I would flush, but otherwise I try to avoid it like the plague. I comprehend that others may not share my views and flush their plants on a frequent basis.

The bottom line is this.... ANYTHING that carries a strong scent that is in close proximity to the grow.... whether lavender flowers, hog waste lagoon, fishy fertilizer, bat guano or your daddy’s Old Spice these scents can be absorbed, uptaken and/or transferred into your final product.

See link for No Flush Club and read the science. InTheShed No Flush Club

The answer is yes, heck you can make cannabutter with mortar mix if desired. Kinda brings new meaning to the term “getting stoned” but plays hell on your dentures.

You can use nutrient burned leaves to make canna butter. However if it were me I would add some good bud to the mix to help with potency. Typically the burned parts of the plant leaves have cooked and dried up the trichs in that area.

Personally I start with bud washing and do a rough trim of the big fan leaves and all the burned up stuff. Then I make cobs with the all the trimmings but I do add 1/4 part of good bud to the mixture.

Flushing is largely a hydro growers concept and does not change the taste or flavor of your buds. I’m an Organic or living soil grower and I save the prospect of flushing for just in case I screw up and put a way too hot nute mixture in and burn up my plant. Then I would flush, but otherwise I try to avoid it like the plague. I comprehend that others may not share my views and flush their plants on a frequent basis.

The bottom line is this.... ANYTHING that carries a strong scent that is in close proximity to the grow.... whether lavender flowers, hog waste lagoon, fishy fertilizer, bat guano or your daddy’s Old Spice these scents can be absorbed, uptaken and/or transferred into your final product.

See link for No Flush Club and read the science. InTheShed No Flush Club
LOL...I hate flushing on dwc its not needed like I said it starves the plants, Maybe I'm calling it something different, But sometimes I find with soil or coco coir Its good to do a 3x strait water drink with no nutes and check ppm's to give me an idea of how much chemical build up is in my medium and plant, I apologize if its not called a flush when dealing with soil or coco coir to clear out any nute build up, never said anything about taste or flavor change when flushing that does nothing for it... Its in the drying and curing process of the terpenes thats key for, smell and flavor,... I was thinking more along the lines of flushing out the build up chemical solution that could be stored in his leaves from over nuteing . Don't want nasty extra chemicals that could be a health risk getting concentrated into his final edible product when cooking it into a tiniture . When dealing with edibles I would stick with using organic nutes... lol (poop and pee two of the best natural nutrients to use when growing any plant). Cause in the end you never know what other chemicals will be concetrated into your edibles besides the good stuff like THC , CBN, etc...when dealing with non organic nutrients bought from a store. :)

No worries dude, no trying to be an ass here. No the flush terminology is spot on & widely accepted to be 3X container volume. I agree - there is definitely a case for flushing nutes out of soil or coco or any media to correct problems with the grow, but as far as a flush impacting the taste is bunk. I get the checking output PPM’s but it’s quite misleading especially if you adjust inputs based on output ppm because fine sediment and nutes always come out together in the wash. I’ve chased that rabbit a little bit but that’s part of why I switched from coco to soil grows in the first place. But after any flush most here recommend going back to regular nutes feeding so plants finish without starving or consuming themselves.

I was thinking about getting that sledgehammer for "flushing" from fox farms, since i am kinda following the feeding schedule that tells me to use it every third week or so. Is that something worth the coin?

Back
Top Bottom