message to badbradblu Zimbabwe!

cdnfs

I dont have enough posts to pm, please ensure this message makes its way to badbradblu or any other africans/zimbabwean's

Hello, I am from Ontario, Canda. and I have a Canadian friend who owns a Coffee farm in Zimbabwe's Eastern Highlands. He has been driven off of half of his land, and has come to canada after being abducted and beaten when refusing to leave the land at the beginning of harvest. How do you feel being a white zimbabwaen at this particular time of turmoil?
I dont know how tightly knit the white population is of Zimbabwe, but it would be nice to know some folks who are green friendly if i ever choose to travel to Zim.

How is the law there regarding cannabis, obviously you are working out well, but how dangerous is farming ganja in Zim?

sorry for so many questions but im very curious about your country.

Cheers,
Fin.

This is a very controversial subject and one that has many different opinions depending on which side of the stick one falls.

Remember there are quite a number of white farmers still producing out of their land and doing well. Some that were evicted were truley guilty of miss treating and abusing their black workers in immoral ways that would bring tears to your eyes if you were to witness the rape of children both boys and girls by their parents masters and beating them for stealing food that they needed to survive due to starvation will they endured slavery under these cruel masters. A lot are innocent and should have been offered remuniration and some have been paid out. I have a friend who is now in Perth who was evicted along with his family from his farm but WAS paid out in full for equipment and partially for the land. It is so hard to judge from a neutral point of view. Another friend I have has since been given his farm back and is farming right now - he had to endure the tough times but due to his perseverance has succeeded in his goal - to farm tobacco in Zimbabwe. I am so proud of such individuals as they have not let the situation crush them and have continued to farm and treat their workers as any employee of a business deserves to be treated. This is an evoultion of class and culture.

My heart goes out to all victims of this revolutionary time in our country. Lord knows we ALL feel it in different ways and I must say we have all looked at life differently since 1996 onwards. Most Zimbabweans have opened their hearts to a new way a life in which we are all equal and need to unite to overcome these hard times. It has brought a lot of us together and we survive by our comunity and have to share resources and put trust in each other while we know we all need to help each other and sometimes give goods on a credit basis as the cash is not always available - this is a two way street and sometimes goods must be paid in advance of up to a month before they are received. No one is beyond this and interdependance has become a cultre of sorts and is working amoung us to survive.

This is a time that has made the wiser of us realise that we are ALL brothers and sisters as Zimbabweans and that real unity transcends race, class, cultrue and religion and should be the goal of all humans on earth if we are to grow as a global family and flouish in abundance. There are differnet resources in this world in differnet areas and if we all shared and utilised them in a holistic manner thinking of the world as a whole there would be more than enough to go around and there would far less if any people starving in the world while others dispose of their excess. In Zimbabwe we have many precious minerals, stones and land to grow food for Africa - but inadequate technology to make use them. Given the chance we could band together and come to an agreement which is mutually beneficial. This would allow us to work together to obtain global abundance of food and necessities - a dream that has been far off since Atlantean times if ever. Zimbabweans are naturally hard working, peaceful and spiritual people and are satisfied easily - I for one know we have everthing we need as a people and as a country to add to global abundance and unity and I believe that one day we will be seen for what we can do. When hemp is legalised I know we will also clothe Africa and a lot of the 3rd world.

Back
Top Bottom