Method 420-s1ing gets waxy

So far so good on the cuts
All the other gg#4 growers claim it's a super easy plan to clone but maybe with the mother being pushed so close to the compost heap she's laking a hormone? Well see if the next gen donors give quicker cuts

So I purchased some Teflon paper chemical safe today and will blast into it and after purging the fuel out I can touch it to itself instead of all the razor scrapping g that's hard on my old fingers
I'll let all y'all know if it's a success? I hope cuz instead of buying it for 16' for 20 bucks I found 173' for 80
If it doesn't work I have the most expensive parchment paper to vac lol

thanks Jam,
so today I tested some teflon paper as a liner to the pyrex. I was able to blast straight into it and after it's water bath (1st purge) I was able to transfer the paper and the oil straight into the vac chamber
image10944.jpg

image10945.jpg

image10946.jpg

I will tell you I DO NOT like the cheapo non-stick pads. MAYBE the higher end pads work better but everything I gained from the teflon paper I lost transferring it back to parchment paper.
I love parchment paper.
Also I am not happy with the EZ-Trim Wander Trimmer, PM me if you wanna know why

I'll post a final pic tomorrow with the weight, I'm guessing I will break my 14.01 gram record

Thanks GOV!
I picked up a new extractor (being shipped) that there calling a closed column pressurized that is supposed to up your yield and I will save all my trimmins for a first run on it soon. Seller said 21%-22% return is the norm. can't wait!
then of course I'll want the collector then the reclaimer and then an degassing oven haha F it! give me a lab.

Maybe I can make it BLUE haha

So last night I packed up my new "Closed Column Pressurized Extractor"
IMG_074326.jpg
IMG_074829.jpg

But after getting up at the crack of dawn and noticing were having gail force winds I went ahead and washed up the last of the Pineapple Skunk and OG Kush in the 5 gallon washing machine and ran it thru the bags and made what I call Ice water Wax aka full melt bubble hash
IMG_076026.jpg
IMG_075829.jpg
IMG_076224.jpg
IMG_076127.jpg

This last pic is of the BHO I vacuumed earlier in the week, 19.5 grams 17+% return
DSCN94092.JPG

HOO BOY! I'd be having me some of each of those thank you very much. Nothing better than full-melt solventless bubble hash, but your BHO looks pretty sick and I'd yabba dabba do that too. I haven't done whole-plant extraction yet and don't grow enough to be able to...yet. I would very much like to add another section to my grow to allow me to just about double my current yield and dedicate the increase completely to extraction and hash production.

:yummy:

HOO BOY! I'd be having me some of each of those thank you very much. Nothing better than full-melt solventless bubble hash, but your BHO looks pretty sick and I'd yabba dabba do that too. I haven't done whole-plant extraction yet and don't grow enough to be able to...yet. I would very much like to add another section to my grow to allow me to just about double my current yield and dedicate the increase completely to extraction and hash production.

:yummy:

So are you talking about taking down and trimming a whole plant just to extract? I guess trimming would be a lot easier depending of course on what your goal is.
Thanks for the kind words and to be honest Id also like to add a table or two just to extract in some way or ways. The HSO Pineapple Skunk would be a candidate, the #3 of course but Im hoping the Gorilla Glue #4 will be the one to run

So are you talking about taking down and trimming a whole plant just to extract? I guess trimming would be a lot easier depending of course on what your goal is.
s

Yep. Take down a whole plant, trim and nugs, just for hash making. I would still trim it a bit and separate the trim from nug as I'd have to do several runs since I just have the 1-gallon set of bags, but to quote another dude, "When I order a pizza, I don't eat the box too". Perhaps there might be some additional desirable flavors from the plant material, but we grow these plants for the resin...at least I do.

Hey S1ingblade, this Teflon paper, do you think it would last during a thin layer air dry that could take a wk? Does the paper seem to get wet during the butane evap? It would be great if I could take the pan scraping out of the production.

Question about the closed pressurized blaster, I understand than pressurized will keep the tane liquid, which is best for extraction. Is it then just slowly drained/blasted through a filter? Now to fill that thing,,,, it doesn't look retail can compatible. Do you need to get a bottle of n-butane and a regulator from your local air gas company?

I've been using the thermos method for quite a while now, and have seen a yield difference in the soak over the blast.

wattsaver,
nice to meet you. As for the paper it's PTFE Teflon Paper and its made to do lots of things chemical and high temp related, I don't know much about it but I didn't notice any moisture on it once I had it in and out of the vacuum chamber.
I am also curious as to how the device will accept the butane? I will keep you posted and what kinds of upgrades I do with it. I do want to get the collector and reclaimer. I'd like to spend some time researching CO2 blasting. I know if you go to their website extraction experts (I'll let you guys figure it out). I do know the extractors fittings are made for additional equipment.
It says you can open hand blast and I'm hoping theres a fitting adapter that will work.
Thanks for the questions those were good ones

I've got my fingers crossed that this coming week will give me an opportunity to test blast the closed column extractor. I will for sure give all ya'll and honest opinion if it works any better than my more traditional tubes.
I was told to close both valves and let the material "marinate" a bit (less than 3 mins) and to turn it upside down and let it all soak in.
I'm worried to much of that will get more plant material or chlorophyll to get into the mix?

Not sure man, but I'm living vicariously throughout your experimentation. Too bad those guys at extr@ctionEksperts don't pony up and become site sponsors. Though by the time they'd get in here, we'll have our very own resident extraction expert, aka s1ingblade.

s1ing, is your setup a closed loop/reclaim system?

I've got my fingers crossed that this coming week will give me an opportunity to test blast the closed column extractor. I will for sure give all ya'll and honest opinion if it works any better than my more traditional tubes.
I was told to close both valves and let the material "marinate" a bit (less than 3 mins) and to turn it upside down and let it all soak in.
I'm worried to much of that will get more plant material or chlorophyll to get into the mix?

Don't worry about picking up any chlorophyll. I do my soaks for 10 to 20 mins. I even did an overnight soak once. Plant material / chlorophyll is a very polar substance, and water is the most polar of all solvents, so water is the biggest culprit in pulling chlorophyll. Butane is a very non-polar solvent, so it has little effect on the plant material. But the thc heads are very non-polar and are easily melted in the butane. Alcohol as a solvent is pretty much middle of the road in world of polar and non-polar, therefore it is always recommended to freeze the material prior to alcohol extraction because it will pull chlorophyll out of the plant material. Hope this helps.
If you want I could share my method of soak, extract, and cleaning of the oil.

Back
Top Bottom