Mexican hermaphrodite?

Sinista2006

aaargh.... is that what this is ? i'm seeing white hairs mixed
with bananas so that must be it ?

mex1.jpg

mex2.jpg

mex3.jpg

...also take into consideration this was a weird plant from the start, growing two stems out of one seed (?!?) which i found interesting enough but now that i'm pretty certain she's a hermy, not so. I'm wondering what to do with "it"...

Re: Mexican hermaphrodite ?

what, ain't that a banana on the 1st picture, all the way down, towards the left? prolly gonna have to wait a bit for things to become 'clearer' but i'd
rather have that you're right ranger!

Here's the progression of maturity for a male MJ plant.
-It will grow "balls" (pollen sacs) at the nodes .
-Within a few days the balls will start appearing on the branches. They're very noticeable.
-Several days after that the sacs will split, spilling thousands of pollen grains.
-Within a day or 2 the "banana" (actually the male "flower") will appear, right in the center the split sac. It's very small, about the size of this > l <, but thicker.
I always wait until I'm CERTAIN, waiting until the balls are obvious. From the time they first appear to when they split is approx 5--15 days.

k... so these next couple of pictures kinda solidify my suspicions...

mex5.jpg

mex4.jpg

...wouldn't y'all agree ? my questions for all you knowledgable peeps:

1. does it make sense to let this plant flower for ganja
2. does it make sense to let this plant flower for seed
3. would this seed be male/female or all hermy's
4. would it make any difference in seed quality if i'd let her impregnate herself or if i'd get another skunk male to do it

well, that about covers it for now, TIA!!!

It's a dude, dude.
-Males don't grow buds.
-If you don't take it away from your girls it will knock them up, and you'll end up with LOTS of seeds and less bud.
-Although they don't make buds, males CAN be dried, cured and smoked. They will get you high--mildly but WAY better than nothing. If you want to keep it move it far away (and downwind) from the girls.
You can also cook with them and make low-grade kif.

Yes that last picture confirms it for me. It is a herm.

Most people would remove it if they had other female plants growing. Reason being is you don't want to pollinate your females with seed from a herm. because those seeds may carry that genetic trait forward.

finally.

because those seeds may carry that genetic trait forward.

hold up. r u sayin' that if i let her impregnate herself the seeds coming off of her would be regular seeds, ie. male/female ? or would i need another male plant to pollinate her to care of that ?

Sinista2006 said:
finally.

hold up. r u sayin' that if i let her impregnate herself the seeds coming off of her would be regular seeds, ie. male/female ? or would i need another male plant to pollinate her to care of that ?

RD/RF talked about this the other day. I think they said it will be regular seeds but they will have the self-polinating gene.

I am saying that if the male part of your herm. plant pollinates any OTHER all female plant you may have, the seed created will make plants with a higher occurance of herms. which is considered by most to be undesireable. Cannabis breeders specifically steer clear of plants exhibiting this tendency to turn herm.

If it SELF pollinates, then there will be a higher occurance of females from those seeds but this is argueable because many times what is labeled 100% female seed will produce herms on occasion as well.

My advice, get rid of it.

If it SELF pollinates, then there will be a higher occurance of females from those seeds but this is argueable because many times what is labeled 100% female seed will produce herms on occasion as well.

wow. that sounds REALLY interesting.
maybe i'll let her flower then.
in an isolated area so she can self pollinate.
would be kickass to create mah very own mexican female seeds!!

:clap:
longisquama said:
Yes, it's a good chance for a higher female ratio but the offspring will carry the hermie feature, more or less, but they'll do. Usually, if you like to self your plants (with gibberellic acid) you stress the hell out of them before, to see if they don't turn hermie. Then you let them produce male flowers for selfing with the acid. Since some of that offspring still carries the male chromosome (xxy), chances for producing hermies are already there. Ab´nd the pollen flying around will produce more seed for you.

Very well explained my friend.

Back
Top Bottom